Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

Elite Member

Default Re: Britney Spears crying in NYC (05/18/2006)

Again.. she has goons around her that grabbed her. That is her life, she always has security to protect her. Most of us are clueless to how that is. If she were alone, I'm sure she would have dropped the glass to get her balance. (been there done that!) However, we weren't there, we just see 'selective' photos to make her look ridiculous. She tripped/slipped....its funny how many people have ranted about her being a bad parent, etc.... It's not like she's getting high, or doing drugs while breast feeding her baby (think Kate Moss).

Someone else commented about her taking her baby all over town. What is wrong with that? She's the mom. I do agree she could use the stroller more often, but who really cares....If she wasn't seen with her baby that same person would be ranting about her never having her kid.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8
    Someone else commented about her taking her baby all over town. What is wrong with that? She's the mom. I do agree she could use the stroller more often, but who really cares....If she wasn't seen with her baby that same person would be ranting about her never having her kid.
    ITA. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie drag their kids from pillar to post on mercy missions, in and out of different countries on a daily or weekly basis, yet Britney takes her little boy out and about in and around where she lives, and she's a terrible mother? Where's the logic?!

awww...I feel bad for her. I think maybe she is trying her best to be a good mother, but she just keeps messing up. Maybe I'll take it easier on her now...she just needs some help on how to take care of infants and their safety.

This could have happened to anyone. Why is the media making it such
    a big deal? You would think that she dangled her baby from a balcony.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Well, I know almost dropping her baby was an accident. I know ALL Moms have had similar things happen to them. And ordinarily I would feel sorry for her, but it's not an isolated incident. She was caught driving him on her lap in the front seat (NOT forgivable to me!), she puts him in a car seat and he's facing the wrong way w/o proper support for his head PLUS no hat with the sun roof down, he's already cracked his head because of a "faulty" high chair. I mean, shouldn't she be OVERLY cautious by now??? I'm not feeling too sympathetic for her right now.
    Let's AV DIS!

http://www.dlisted.blogspot.com/

Look at the last photo of her here. LOL!

I do feel bad for Brit. Most moms have stumbled with their baby a time or two. There's nothing that makes you feel as bad as knowing that you could have hurt your own child. I'm sure that's why she's crying. The scrutiny must suck. Bless her for carrying him everywhere. I do it too. They are only little for so long. You have to hold them as much as you can. Still, I don't think she's winning any mom awards any time soon.

KD
    Elite Member

Poor Brittney. I hate to see anyone cry, it makes me sad. I think just about anyone who has had a baby has tripped and almost fallen with him/her. I know I have walking down the stairs, just slipped, no harm done, but also wasn't caught on camera. Anyone else think it is kinda shitty that all these paps were just clicking away instead of trying to help her when she tripped? I know she had the "baby guard" there, but still. And then to take pictures of her crying, soulless fucking vultures.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersmom
    She is still holding that glass of water after almost dropping her baby. I don't know about anyone else but if I were to trip and almost drop the baby, I would have dropped the glass and grabbed the baby with my other arm. (It has happened to me).

But here I have to say, speaking for myself, I would instinctively clutch hard onto whatever was in BOTH my hands/arms. Just a reaction.

I also see others have posted similar thoughts to mine, I posted before I read them all.

I've never been a fan--I hate her music, in fact--but I am feeling sorry for the girl. She's young and immature, and how hard it must be to have photographers up her arse all the time, just waiting for her to screw up. Jeez--I'm 32 with 3 kids and I still mess things up everyday. I'm so glad the whole world's not watching me and the mistakes I make.

The incident with the baby in her lap in the car--she did deserve to get ripped for that one. And I think she deserved the beating up she got over the carseat incident. I hope she learned something from both those events.

But tripping with the baby? It's not something you want to happen, but it does. The highchair incident? Happened to me once, only my kid's face hit the floor and it was not pretty. Does that make me a bad mom, too? Nope. It was an accident, and they happen to everyone.

I think Britney needs a good, older friend. I don't think she really knows what she's doing and it doesn't look like her mom's helping her. She needs some good advice from someone. And where is that sleezy husband of hers? Everyone is ripping on her mistakes--I'm more irritated at him for apparently not being around.

I will give the girl props for this: I like the way she's lugging SPF around herself instead of letting a nanny do it all (like so many other celebrity moms do).

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

It just doesn't look too smart that she was holding onto a glass while holding the baby on the other arm walking outside. Doesn't common sense tell you better that you should perhaps leave the drink and hold tightly on to the baby? Tripping is an accident but if she did fall, the baby could've been hurt. I can understand making little mistakes as a mother but she's majorly lacking common sense IMO.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

If she would have dropped the glass, people would be on her ass about the possible injury to the baby, glass flying up and hitting SP, etc.

She can't win.

The crying pics did pull at my heartstrings. I know the stress of being a young mother, and add to that the fact she has a really shitty life and husband right now.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

On a fashion note why a black bra with a white top?

Btw would you still be wearing a thong if you were 4 months along?
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Chasing Demri around our house in her walker!

I do NOT feel bad for Britney. She should be crying, at her own stupidity. Yes, i know it is normal for people, even moms with their baby in their arms, to trip. However, i just saw additional photos of the "tripping-and-near-dropping" incident on HollywoodRag.com and when i saw a photo showing her choice of footwear, i was aghast. She had on big, clunky, platform shoes with what appeared to be about a 4" heel WITH JEANS SO LONG THEY GO RIGHT UNDER THE SOLE OF HER (ALREADY UNSTABLE) SHOES!!! Now, THAT is idiotic. Who would wear jeans that wrap right under your (4"-heeled platform) shoes when they know they're going to be carrying around their baby???? I myself wouldn't even consider wearing 4"-heeled platform shoes with jeans that long--even when i'm NOT going to have a baby in my arms...It's nothing but a recipe for disaster--a trip & fall incident is extremely likely with those shoes with jeans wrapped right under the sole of them. It's called common sense--and I don't think Britney has any--and that's something that, obviously, any mother NEEDS

Anyway, then add in the fact that she is carrying that fat (i.e. HEAVY) baby in JUST ONE ARM without the other hand/arm even able to assist with keeping the baby in her arms in the event of tripping or something, BECAUSE SHE'S CARRYING A BEVERAGE-FILLED GLASS IN THE OTHER HAND. Now, THAT is also extremely idiotic. And this a woman who has complained of the "dangerous" Paparazzi "mobbing" her...Yet she doesn't even leave one hand free, to maintain a good, solid grip on her baby in her arms in case of some sort of mishap??? Or leave that hand free to push away the Paparazzi who supposedly "mob" her all the time???

Oh & yet another thing--as has been pointed out numerous times already, in her near-fall, you would think it would have been instinctive to DROP THE FREAKING GLASS and grab onto the baby with her other hand. You would think that would be not only instinctive, but, like a reflex to drop the glass and grab the baby. But no, not with shit-for-brains Britney.

And then as others have pointed out, add in:

A) The incident of the baby falling to the floor and suffering a SKULL FRACTURE (serious stuff!);

B) Driving with the baby ON HER LAP on a BUSY HIGHWAY, where the baby could have been KILLED SO EASILY in even a tiny, minor accident--and if Britney is to be believed, she was surrounded & mobbed by The Paparazzi, who, if they really were "dangerously mobbing her", would have been MUCH MORE likely to cause a car accident (in which case Sean would have probably been killed due to Britney's stupid actions) than they were likely to reach through the car window and steal the baby (i still don't understand how putting the baby on her lap & driving away like that, was making Sean any safer from the Evil Paparazzi)--that incident was unforgiveable to me;

C) Driving in a convertible WITHOUT A ROLL-BAR with the baby slumped over, not even properly buckled in, in a non-rear-facing carseat that is much too big for him, with the top down and the baby WITHOUT A HAT openly exposed to the scorching sun.

And now this latest stupid mishap! It makes me wonder, if she does all this stupid baby-endangering stuff out in the open and with us people who don't even know her, knowing about it--Imagine all the bad-mothering stuff that goes on behind closed doors!!! Scary thought. She is obviously not capable of being a good mother. Not to be mean, but, i honestly don't think she has the intelligence to be one. And i DON'T feel sorry for her.
    My precious baby girl:
    ~ Demri Elizabeth-June ~
    Arrived July 19th. 6 lbs.,5 oz.; 19.5". BEAUTIFUL !

I don't feel bad for her at all..sorry..I don't.
    Sure it was an accident..sure him falling on his head was an accident..fine..and she claims she can't get them off her back..photos are taken everywhere..okay..I get it..but then why take the kid on letterman?
    Really I am sure tom hanks, denzel washington, liz hurley's kids have had worse accidents, or have fallen on their heads before..but do we EVER hear about it?

no we don't and the first two are two of the highest paid actors in the world, and most sought after..but yet we HEAR NOTHING about them. Do we see them parading their children around to every damn event ? No we don't.
    No one is saying she is a bad mother..but look if it's that bad then she needs to take a vacation for a good year..and they'll eventually get off her back..
    or move on to the next train wreck. Sorry she doesn't deserve any sympathy.

Sure, it's sad..that she tripped and almost dropped the baby..yeah that's sad..for someone that hates all the attention she sure doesn't have a problem parading and crashing events with the baby.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

You're making me sad Britney.... *sniffsniff* Cheer up!

Poor girl. I'd want to shoot the paparazzi too.
    Cant believe they're still taking pictures when she's crying.

Oh my gosh, that looks awful. TACKY.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information