Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt taking Maddox to school in Prague (05/14/07)

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Maddox doesn't look like he's enjoying the attention of the paps at all. As far as switching schools, my kids have gone to international schools and alot of the kids are from families that move ALOT. I'm talking every six months. They adjust, as kids generally do, especially in international schools, where most of the kids are in the same boat. They make friends fast.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Maddox doesn't look like he's enjoying the attention of the paps at all. As far as switching schools, my kids have gone to international schools and alot of the kids are from families that move ALOT. I'm talking every six months. They adjust, as kids generally do, especially in international schools, where most of the kids are in the same boat. They make friends fast.
    Sure they do. It's not like kids that age have a choice. The fact that they CAN do it, doesn't make it best for them, though.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Eh, I don't know. Most of the kids I've come across in this situation are pretty well-adjusted. And who's to say what the ideal situation is? There is no magic formula for a perfect life.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Eh, I don't know. Most of the kids I've come across in this situation are pretty well-adjusted. And who's to say what the ideal situation is? There is no magic formula for a perfect life.
    Well, there ya go. I've seen plenty of examples where kids that had (been) moved around with their families were very ill adjusted, jittery, either more agressive or more repressed than "regular" kids. Had concentration problems in class, resulting in other kids getting more jittery, too and so on and so forth.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I can, and I will. He has a fug nose that you can look straight into his nostrils from the front. He, already, has overhanging eyelids, and his eyes are not spectacular to begin with. His hair color is..... what IS is own hair color exactly? It always looks like a bad dye job, not to mention all his artsy hairstyles he's had over the years. Just another vain and "interesting" guy like Beckham
    His body was good in Troy and Fight Club, but then he especially trained to get that look.
    His mouth is meh, his bonestructure is meh. He's a very average looking guy whose looks are so terribly overhyped, that people got themselved brainwashed into thinking he was the hottest thing to ever grace the planet. He's not. Depp and Clooney, for instance, are already far better looking. Not to mention the REALLY good looking guys from the times that the word handsome actually had any meaning!
    He is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    He is gorgeous.
    Nope.

***** celeb

Yep

cant complain, he looks good for his age.

Things like this makes me wanna melt

Hit By Ban Bus!

I agree with what HWBL is saying about handsome and how it has lost its meaning in this era, however, I don't think Johnny Depp is handsome. He's definitely appealing and attractive and when younger had great bone structure which was brought out by the right hairstyle and photographer, but Brad it as least on his level if not slightly above. And I prefer Depp over Brad, but I don't think Brad is average-looking. He didn't get where he is by being average or meh-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Well, there ya go. I've seen plenty of examples where kids that had (been) moved around with their families were very ill adjusted, jittery, either more agressive or more repressed than "regular" kids. Had concentration problems in class, resulting in other kids getting more jittery, too and so on and so forth.
    I agree. Sure kids who move around a lot adjust because they have to. But kids crave stability. They do better and are happier in a stable, constant environment where they can form lasting attachments.

Elite Member

From my experience, people who have a problem with change themselves feel very strongly that changing schools (or cities) every few years would be equally traumatic for children. It's all based upon an individual's perception of things.

There are thousands of people all over the world who move around a lot, especially militiary families. My brother and his family, for example, LOVE moving every few years. They actually get bored of staying in one city too long. They have grown accustomed to moving every 2 or 3 years and his children look forward to the change. They like the fact that they aren't 'stuck' in one location too long. So, like anything else in life, children generally learn what they're taught. If kids grow up being told or given the feeling that moving is 'traumatic' or it's cause for 'instablity', then more likely than not, kids will grow up BELIEVING that. You can look at the cup half empty or half full. There are pros and cons to both (staying in one place or constantly moving). I think whatever works for each individual family should be respected.

Now, in regards to the 'handsome' issue, someone hit the nail on the head when they said that Brad Pitt is a good looking man especially for his age. I definitely agree with that statement. True, the idea of handsome may have changed in this era, because celebrities (and people as a general rule) are mercilessly torn about by others. You have to have an absolutely perfect face to be called 'handsome' or 'beautiful' to some people and even if you do, you're then accused of having had plastic surgery. Go figure.

Anyway, I appreciate all sorts of 'looks'...light, dark, ethnic, younger, older, etc....the older I get, I find more good looking people across the board. I've come to realize that perfection isn't neccessarily realistic, especially when I'm not perfect myself in the looks department.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    From my experience, people who have a problem with change themselves feel very strongly that changing schools (or cities) every few years would be equally traumatic for children. It's all based upon an individual's perception of things.
    No, it's not. There have been tons of scientific studies proving this. I should know, since I've worked with a governmental organization that funds research in all scientific areas.

***** celeb

Elite Member

^ There are a lot of studies done from everything under the sun, like the age women supposedly start menopause or the age most people have sex, but it's not the gold standard for everyone. That's like saying everyone who's ever moved more than once in their life grew up feeling unstable. I went to 3 different elementary schools from Kindergarten to 6th grade and I didn't feel traumatized or upset by that experience. I just think it's ludicrous to say that ALL children (like Maddox especially) are being hurt by traveling or changing schools. None of us know that. Studies are just that--studies. They aren't fact. They group a bunch of people together and you're supposed to fall under their definition of how you or your family is supposed to be? That's absurd, especially about something like this. If that's the case, then government agencies should spend tax payers' money on better things (like homelessness or poverty) instead of telling people how to live or how to raise their children.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    ^ There are a lot of studies done from everything under the sun, like the age women supposedly start menopause or the age most people have sex, but it's not the gold standard for everyone. That's like saying everyone who's ever moved more than once in their life grew up feeling unstable. I went to 3 different elementary schools from Kindergarten to 6th grade and I didn't feel traumatized or upset by that experience. I just think it's ludicrous to say that ALL children (like Maddox especially) are being hurt by traveling or changing schools. None of us know that. Studies are just that--studies. They aren't fact. They group a bunch of people together and you're supposed to fall under their definition of how you or your family is supposed to be? That's absurd, especially about something like this. If that's the case, then government agencies should spend tax payers' money on better things (like homelessness or poverty) instead of telling people how to live or how to raise their children.
    ^Well, at least your reasoning proves you'd never be eligible for funding of any serious scientific research

***** celeb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information