Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad Pitt in New Orleans for Global Green Press Conference (08/31/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by gossipok View Post
    As for people saying he looks tired, I don't think so, he is a 42 year old man, and he looks damn hot , I think some of you who don't like him for various reasons, will always insult his looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is whats in the heart that counts. Just my opinion, but that comment set me off. I look forward to looking and discussing pictures with everyone. Sorry for the long ass post....
    I am the same age as him and I think I have a busier life than he has (the every day chores life, because I have no personal assistants to do them for me). He DOES look worn for his age. Give him a few more years and he could pass for my uncle. He looks about a decade older than I do right now.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Eh, we all age differently. I think he looks great and it's nice to see he's actually doing something besides making movies for the masses.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You really have some issues...
    Um, I don't. I don't think that just because someone publicizes his charity work, that makes their work more important than say stars who don't publicize all the things they do for charity. I feel that since Brad is endorsing something or Angelina is, all of a sudden, they are charity Gds. There are a lot of people who do important work everyday, including celebs and dont get credit for it. It's charity work mixed with a PR campaign.

Hi all, I am from the nyc, but I have family in New Orleans, and some of you have know idea the amount of devastation that has taken place, tv does not do it justice. I realize this a fun gossip board, and topics are light, but the above comment pissed me off. New Orleans needs the blatant publicity, it needs all the help it can get, They need to start to rebuild , especially the poorest ,
    I didn't mean to piss you off. I understand completely the need for money and attention to New Orleans. I was not referring to the cause, more to the way I feel certain celebrities such as Angelina garner so much praise for their charity work while others who do not publicize their work and use it as PR do not. That's all I meant.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupinBOSTON View Post
    Um, I don't. I don't think that just because someone publicizes his charity work, that makes their work more important than say stars who don't publicize all the things they do for charity. I feel that since Brad is endorsing something or Angelina is, all of a sudden, they are charity Gds. There are a lot of people who do important work everyday, including celebs and dont get credit for it. It's charity work mixed with a PR campaign.

I didn't mean to piss you off. I understand completely the need for money and attention to New Orleans. I was not referring to the cause, more to the way I feel certain celebrities such as Angelina garner so much praise for their charity work while others who do not publicize their work and use it as PR do not. That's all I meant.

I respectfully disagree. Nobody said they are chairty Gods, I agree alot of people give in different ways, but people , not just brad and angie , who are in the spotlight, are able to shine the spotlight on those who need it. It is not a matter of just giving, people need to know the story. If I wrote a article and told you about the horrors of the Sudan, would the media pay attention, I don't think so. If you took the time to actually research the work Angelina has done for the past 5 years , you would understand why she garners so much praise, I watched the cnn interview on world refugee day , I saw kids with their limbs cut off, stories of 12 year old girls getting raped in front of their parents, these stories need to be told , I don't think it is PR when lives are being saved. Is the work that Oprah, Clooney and Farrow do for PR purposes. I think you need to get past the hate and open your eyes to the bigger picture.
    Last edited by gossipok; September 1st, 2006 at 12:17 PM. Reason: grammer

Hi all, I am from the nyc, but I have family in New Orleans, and some of you have know idea the amount of devastation that has taken place, tv does not do it justice. I realize this a fun gossip board, and topics are light, but the above comment pissed me off. New Orleans needs the blatant publicity, it needs all the help it can get, They need to start to rebuild , especially the poorest , hardest hit sections aka 9th ward. I don't care if people are "Team Aniston" or "Team Jolie" ( very highschoool in my opinion) There are no Teams when it comes to helping your fellow human being. I don't know Mr. Pitt personally, but his actions speak, he is not just standing in front of a camera with a check in hand, throwing money on a the huge problem of trying to rebuild, he is trying slove problems and new orleans needs all the ideas and help it can get. I don't understand hating people or disliking people that we don't know, yes gossip rocks, but it is not always the truth. As for people saying he looks tired, I don't think so, he is a 42 year old man, and he looks damn hot , I think some of you who don't like him for various reasons, will always insult his looks, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it is whats in the heart that counts. Just my opinion, but that comment set me off. I look forward to looking and discussing pictures with everyone. Sorry for the long ass post....
    I'll go out on a limb here and just say...this is a gossip board, that is what we are doing. We aren't actually here to discuss the climate in New Orleans. Some people use that as justification to LIKE him, but I don't think anyone slammed the whole New Orleans thing. I DO have an idea about what happened, it's been shoved into my face for the past year. Not only on the news, but I live in Texas. Guess who's schools are now overcrowded...?

"Team" might be a little 'high school-ish' to you, but I find it FREAKING HILARIOUS. By all means, I never claimed to act like an adult ALL the time. By that token, I don't walk around with a stick inserted into my bum and refuse a guffaw or two.

Bronze Member

Angie really taught him well...I think it is terrific that they give so freely of themselves and their wallets to charities...God will surely bless them!!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by equallydivided View Post
    I'll go out on a limb here and just say...this is a gossip board, that is what we are doing. We aren't actually here to discuss the climate in New Orleans. Some people use that as justification to LIKE him, but I don't think anyone slammed the whole New Orleans thing. I DO have an idea about what happened, it's been shoved into my face for the past year. Not only on the news, but I live in Texas. Guess who's schools are now overcrowded...?

"Team" might be a little 'high school-ish' to you, but I find it FREAKING HILARIOUS. By all means, I never claimed to act like an adult ALL the time. By that token, I don't walk around with a stick inserted into my bum and refuse a guffaw or two.

What a wonderful human being you are I hope your life will always be perfect and you and yours will never have to suffer like some do. I agree with one thing you said:

"I never claimed to act like an adult ALL the time."

Yup you have alot of growing to do, that why you find it all so hilarious. God Bless!

I agree that Angelina may be a little narcisstic, but she also has other traits... she really operates well in the environment in Africa. If you look up a movie she's in called The Fever (2004), it shows that she is naturally skilled, with a keen awareness to people's needs/ survival in the developing world.

Mother Teresa grew in and helped people within the context of a church.

www.wf-f.org Women for Faith and Family

Much different from what Brad and Angie are doing...
    Last edited by JamieElizabeth; September 1st, 2006 at 04:53 PM.

What a wonderful human being you are I hope your life will always be perfect and you and yours will never have to suffer like some do. I agree with one thing you said:

"I never claimed to act like an adult ALL the time."

Yup you have alot of growing to do, that why you find it all so hilarious. God Bless!
    Well ain't you the sweetest damned thing! My life WILL be perfect...because I will get up and dust myself off. I would refuse to lay on my lazy ass for a year...and start my life over.

As for Hilarious, I think you have made a huge mistake, or you actually like twisting words around...a little high school-ish huh? I never said LA was Hilarious, but being on Teams. DO NOT MISTAKE ME OR TWIST MY WORDS AROUND. It's in print. Anyone can see it.

Growing up has a lot to do with moving on...I think you've got it all wrong, honey. Move on.

^I'm sorry, and am probably being nosy, but I can't tell what has just happened b/t you two? Is this about who's mature & responsible vs. who is still a child?

Nosey is being a part of GR, we're all nosey. This was not over maturity in any form, but a reply for someone who wants classify terms as 'high school'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntiParis View Post
    Hes hot. Thats all I really feel like saying.
    ITA
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

^Oh, I see, "Team", as in leadership? I see how High School was mentioned, since our cities are the ones that first organized "team", as in sports. Our country is all about sports. I've also heard reference to "team" Celine Dion, she needs a team so she can create the big picture.
    Last edited by JamieElizabeth; September 1st, 2006 at 02:13 PM.

Ack, sorry. On GR (and many other gossip boards as well) "team" basically represents which side you feel empathy for....

Example. If you think Brad should have left Jennifer and agree with everything he's done thus far, you would be "Team Brangelina" and so forth.

Example. Brinkley and Cook. If you think COOK is a complete idiot for cheating on his wife and should have his balls chopped off...then you would be "Team Brinkley" etc.

He's looking a bit haggard lately, but I'd still hit it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information