Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blonde Natalie Portman fighting with a photographer (07/??/2006)

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Blonde Natalie Portman fighting with a photographer (07/??/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by dowcat
    I think the same thing...BTW You're very pretty in your new avatar Pandora
    Thanks, hun (and fellow Brazilian).

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Believe it or not, some super-famous actors are in the business because they are artists and they love what they do. Al Pacino, anybody? You have a job, I have a job, and so do they.

Guess what. I too am an artist. Performance is my medium. My goal is to live well doing good work with brilliant people. If I do get what I want, that means I'll work in theatre, film, television and radio. I will act, write, direct and produce. The end product, unfortunately, would most likely be fame. So does that mean I want to be famous? No. All it means is I want to do good work with brilliant people, as an actor/writer/director/producer within the theatre/film/television/radio industry. So don't be calling me a bitch and making snide comments when you see me beatin' some paparazzi ass, cuz I'll cut ya!

So if I had a million bucks, I'd totally bet you that Natalie Portman didn't become an actor because she wanted fame. I'd bet she became an actor because, like me, she loves it and she's good at it. <<--- Yeah, that's right! I just tooted my own horn!!

I can think of a reason or two. Besides, the guy may have been following her around or whatever. Bjork beat some woman's ass years ago after having been harassed by the chick for a straight three days. Ass-whoopings are quite unusual for her and Natalie, so I'm curious what happened that we didn't get to see or hear.

I'm starting to want to be famous now, just so I can beat up on the paps. "Um, yeah, Mr. Spielberg? Instead of giving me $10 million for the next movie, just give me carte blanche to kick paparazzi ass when- and wherever I want."
    You'd be an exception in the industry, then. I'm acquainted with someone big in Hollywood, and this person doesn't exactly describe the people in the business as you do. I won't type out anymore on this issue, because it would be a bit offensive. Although I do wish you luck in your venture, and hope you can be a celeb we love (you wouldn't want us commoner GR posters to do all the bitching we do towards you also, huh? ).

As for Natalie, I still think she did it all for the fame (child actor = fame/money-hungry stage parents), because she's a pseudo-intellectual who opens her mouth just to sound stupid. Oh, and her acting sucks.

You're lucky I don't wanna be a pap or else I'd stalk you and we'd end up in a major fist fight.

Edit: Very well put, Somerset.
    Last edited by Pandora; July 26th, 2006 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora
    You'd be an exception in the industry, then. I'm acquainted with someone big in Hollywood, and this person doesn't exactly describe the people in the business as you do. I won't type out anymore on this issue, because it would be a bit offensive. Although I do wish you luck in your venture, and hope you can be a celeb we love (you wouldn't want us commoner GR posters to do all the bitching we do towards you also, huh? ).
    Offensive to who? If it wouldn't be offensive to anybody on GR, then do dish!! We want details!! Of course, names can be changed to protect the innocent.

As for Natalie, I still think she did it all for the fame (child actor = fame/money-hungry stage parents), because she's a pseudo-intellectual who opens her mouth just to sound stupid.
    Agree to disagree.
    Oh, and her acting sucks.
    I don't think so!!

You're lucky I don't wanna be a pap or else I'd stalk you and we'd end up in a major fist fight.
    Only if you were an asshole about it. In all honesty, all jokes aside, I'd only get physical to protect myself or loved ones. Oh, and if anybody tried to use their vehicle to box me in, damn straight I'd ram 'em!! Vroom vroom!!

As for Natalie, I still think she did it all for the fame (child actor = fame/money-hungry stage parents), because she's a pseudo-intellectual who opens her mouth just to sound stupid. Oh, and her acting sucks

I love you Pandora, and I admit I'm jealous of Natlie, so I think she sux..ESPECIALLY in those STar WArs movies...WOOOOO!!!

but in the professional, she was bomb!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

I gotta admit, I haven't seen all of her movies. I saw the first 'Star Wars' installment, and I didn't think she sucked. The fact is, that sucky role she had didn't exactly call for a Meryl-Streep-caliber performance. Oh, and not for nothin', but I wasn't even fooled by that decoy they used.

I have no idea why I have turned into Defender of Natalie Portman. I guess it's cuz she doesn't strike me as a self-centered, trashy, dumb starlet. She strikes me as quite the opposite: humble, down-to-earth, compassionate. *shrug*

KD
    Elite Member

^and she was excellent in Closer.

One of these days I'll see Closer. I just have a hard time getting up the desire to see a movie about adulterers and cheaters and whatnot.

Plus, Julia "Call Me Mr. Ed" Roberts is in it, so that don't help matters none either.

KD
    Elite Member

Well, it is disturbing, but the acting is excellent. And I love JR so, it was good all the way around for me. Definately worth seeing.

I used to not "care" one way or the other about Julia Roberts, but lately... I don't know... Just something about her I find a bit off-putting. But then, I recall her appearances on David Letterman, and I don't "dislike" her anymore.

From Imdb.com:
    Had to miss the premiere of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) so she could study for her high school final exams. <<--- What a gal!

Here's some more:
    Says her performances in 'Everyone Says I Love You' and the three 'Star Wars' films are her worst. Her failure, she believes, is her inability to do improv.

The moment you buy into the idea you're above anyone else is the moment you need to be slapped in the face. ^^--- See, this is why I genuinely like this girl.
    Last edited by WickedHo; July 27th, 2006 at 04:13 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Only if you were an asshole about it. In all honesty, all jokes aside, I'd only get physical to protect myself or loved ones. Oh, and if anybody tried to use their vehicle to box me in, damn straight I'd ram 'em!! Vroom vroom!!
    I would! Nah, just kidding. I have to agree with you on that. There's a big difference on being a bitch just for the sake of it and getting physical for self deffense.

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon
    I love you Pandora, and I admit I'm jealous of Natlie, so I think she sux..ESPECIALLY in those STar WArs movies...WOOOOO!!!

but in the professional, she was bomb!
    Oh, she MAJORLY sucked. I've never seen The Professional, only a few scenes. Although KD is right, I was amazed with her on Closer (I see that as an exception). Still, her acting sucks and will keep on sucking in my book... and so will she.

*keels over, wounded by Pandora's harsh words*

Hit By Ban Bus!

*keels over, wounded by Pandora's harsh words*
    That's because you haven't felt my "harsh" fists.

i'm with you wicked! i like natalie and she's a good actress!

wicked, you have to watch closer! don't mind horse mouth, can't stand her either and i wish that jr's character would have been played by someone else but nontheless i liked the movie

Sure she's a decent actress..and they shouldn't be so agressive, but really this is a part of being famous..sure they deserve space, and privacy but they are not going to get it. Sad, but it's true...

Also I've never heard..of Tom Hanks having a problem..or Samuel L...or tons of other people..hm...
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by lienka
    I don't like her hair.
    Me neither.
    But the photos are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMarsters
    Sure she's a decent actress..and they shouldn't be so agressive, but really this is a part of being famous..sure they deserve space, and privacy but they are not going to get it. Sad, but it's true...

Also I've never heard..of Tom Hanks having a problem..or Samuel L...or tons of other people..hm...
    ITA, except about the decent actress part. I think she's done well because she's gotten a lot of breaks and lot of old man directors with a penchant for young girls who coddle her and can draw out a half decent performance (ie Luc Besson, Mike Nichols etc). But when she's not being coddled and the material isn't that great, well, you get her performance in Star Wars. Ewan McGregor had to say some horrendous lines too, but no one seemed to notice him stinking up the place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)

1. February 10th, 2007, 01:32 PM
  2. February 9th, 2007, 10:15 PM

Thread Information