Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006)

Bronze Member

Default Re: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006)

nice pictures, they're sweet

Default Re: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    They booed him because they thought he got out of the way of a foul ball that the Angels caught, although it seemed to me like he tried to catch it but just couldn't. Some people around him began to jeer because they thought he could have prevented the out but didn't, which just doesn't seem to have been the case. You can't have an entire stadium full of fans and add to that alcohol and expect there to be no assholes at all. All teams have fans who are assholes. But to compare them to the Yankees fans, who will piss on your kids if your batting average drops by a decimal point, well that's ridiculous.
    Boston has a love/hate relationship with him because he's a hometown kid who was one part of the celebrity phenomenon known as Bennifer (ie he's a sellout).

wow you're bitter. As big as a Yankee fan as I am I can honestly say I'm not as far gone as you. If a Yank defect to the Sox we actually get over it and forget about it a few days later. We don't dwell on it. I enjoy the game and the competition. Don't know if you're from NY or know Yankee fans but, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Default Re: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006

I'm "bitter" and "farther gone than you" but you're the one insulting me, I don't really understand how that works. I was able to disagree with you in a polite way and my comments concerning yankees fans was in direct reference to the recent treatment of Alex Rodriguez (and before you had said you were a yankee fan - in fact, you yourself said yankee fans were bad). You cannot deny the way NY fans and the media have been treating him even if you haven't been one of them. The guy's hitting .280 with 22 homeruns, an OBP of .383 and an SLG of .499 (a lot better than Abreu's numbers, btw, even though his acquisition is supposed to have been a great triumph) and the NY fans and media have basically made him into public enemy number one. He's booed and insulted every single home game and the papers now affectionately refer to him as E.Rod, among other insults. Yankees fans don't hate players that defect to the Red Sox because they have a long history of hating their own players. You may not be one of those fans but you can't deny that a lot of them are like this - more so than fans of other teams, including the Red Sox.

Default Re: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006)

I can't stand them!

thay're a great couple, they seem to have a lot in common!!

Bronze Member

they are so cute together.

They are so cute! I love how she tags along to go to baseball games with him!

The are cute together.
    i love them!

God help me but I would hump the everlasting hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    They booed him because they thought he got out of the way of a foul ball that the Angels caught, although it seemed to me like he tried to catch it but just couldn't. Some people around him began to jeer because they thought he could have prevented the out but didn't, which just doesn't seem to have been the case. You can't have an entire stadium full of fans and add to that alcohol and expect there to be no assholes at all. All teams have fans who are assholes. But to compare them to the Yankees fans, who will piss on your kids if your batting average drops by a decimal point, well that's ridiculous.
    Boston has a love/hate relationship with him because he's a hometown kid who was one part of the celebrity phenomenon known as Bennifer (ie he's a sellout).
    I do agree with you, "some" of the fans are being unfairly horrible to him but, the majority of us support him.

I do admit that they make a cute couple. I heard on the radio today that Jennifer is pregnant again.

Elite Member

i like both of them
    v. cute together

Bronze Member

Post Re: Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner at a Red Sox game against the LA Angels (07/30/2006)

I'M SO GLAD HE'S NOT WITH THE OTHER JENNIFER ANYMORE! UGH!
    J.HO! LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information