Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ashlee Simpson's Performance Victoria's Secret Pajama Party (07/19/2006)

Default Re: Ashlee Simpson's Performance Victoria's Secret Pajama Party (07/19/2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Warren
    On this board saying that is the equivalent of saying you are a racist in the Middle of Harlem. Some things are better left unsaid.

Just one question. What exactly are you a fan of? (music, look,nose,etc)
    Speak for yourself, newcomer. I have her CD. I bought it at a big discount-but I have it.

Default Re: Ashlee Simpson's Performance Victoria's Secret Pajama Party (07/19/2006)

^^Never knew Ashlee had so many fans. On the news a couple of nights ago they were showing all these preteen and teens that lined up to see the Ashlee/victoria Secret concert. There weren't a lot of them but, it was scary seeing all these girls saying that Ashlee was their role model. She's starting to creep me out because she is obviously trying to look like Jess. She may be creepier than her papa. Her forehead looks really huge like her had her hairline surgically receded. She looks like BAby Spice

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23
    ^^Never knew Ashlee had so many fans. On the news a couple of nights ago they were showing all these preteen and teens that lined up to see the Ashlee/victoria Secret concert. There weren't a lot of them but, it was scary seeing all these girls saying that Ashlee was their role model. She's starting to creep me out because she is obviously trying to look like Jess. She may be creepier than her papa. Her forehead looks really huge like her had her hairline surgically receded. She looks like BAby Spice
    Well, pre-fake bake tans, surgery and hair dye they DID look alike. They are sisters.

It think she looks quite pretty and very happy.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

She needs to find a fucking image and stick to it. Bombshell? Nope. Try again. As it is now, she's just a professional poser. Nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    She needs to find a fucking image and stick to it. Bombshell? Nope. Try again. As it is now, she's just a professional poser. Nothing more.
    Uh, why? Changing images defines the post-PoMo age.

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas
    Uh, why? Changing images defines the post-PoMo age.
    It's one thing to change your look, but this girl isn't doing that. She's trying to change her image. Remember what she wore on SNL? That's when she was trying to be punk(ish). Now she's trying to be glamorous. It doesn't work, and it makes her look like a poser, a wannabe.

Bottom line: there's nothing wrong with changing up the look, but the image should still remain the same. Gwen Stefani? Madonna? Tha's what I'm talking about. It's clear that Ashlee is still trying to find herself, hence the nose job, fake tan and bombshell attempt.

It's one thing to change your look, but this girl isn't doing that. She's trying to change her image. Remember what she wore on SNL? That's when she was trying to be punk(ish). Now she's trying to be glamorous. It doesn't work, and it makes her look like a poser, a wannabe.

Bottom line: there's nothing wrong with changing up the look, but the image should still remain the same. Gwen Stefani? Madonna? Tha's what I'm talking about. It's clear that Ashlee is still trying to find herself, hence the nose job, fake tan and bombshell attempt.
    Madonna has successfully changed her image many times. Hell, its such an old story they taught an hour on it at Yale in 1991! Also, it's Hollywood-everyone sports fake tans and PS-hence this site's mothership! Hell I get fake tans.

Meh. I still say Ashlee hasn't settled on an image yet. Does she want to be a rocker? A femme fatale? An earth goddess? What??? Image is nothing but the outward manifestation of who you are on the inside. That's why it's possible to change up your look (dark hair, light hair, slutty clothes, 1940s glam, etc.) while maintaining the same image.

RE: Madonna
    She has changed her look hundreds of times, but her image has remained the same. She's still that no BS, super-sexual, my-way-or-the-highway person she was 20+ years ago. And now she's added spiritual to that list by getting into Kaballah.

RE: Gwen Stefani
    Her looks have changed, but not the image. She's still good ole Gwen, a cute rocker chick fun-time kind of girl. That's her image.

So, yeah, I'm still waiting for Ashlee to figure it out for herself what her image is going to be. Because, so far, I ain't buying it. She's coming off as a wannabe, a professional poser.

Meh. I still say Ashlee hasn't settled on an image yet. Does she want to be a rocker? A femme fatale? An earth goddess? What??? Image is nothing but the outward manifestation of who you are on the inside. That's why it's possible to change up your look (dark hair, light hair, slutty clothes, 1940s glam, etc.) while maintaining the same image.

RE: Madonna
    She has changed her look hundreds of times, but her image has remained the same. She's still that no BS, super-sexual, my-way-or-the-highway person she was 20+ years ago. And now she's added spiritual to that list by getting into Kaballah.

Uh, isn't it nice hindsight is 20/20. You have to remember that at the time it was not obvious Madonna was the same. Remember when she got married? Remember when she was pudgy? I am sure Ashlee's image will seem monolithic in 20 years as well!

IMO, Madonna has always been Madonna. The only thing that's changed about her is her outward appearance (her look). She's still the same person she is on the inside, that's why her image hasn't changed.

Wait. Now that I think about it, Madonna has been trying to change her image. She wants us to believe she's a mature, spiritual, posh mother (as opposed to fame-hungry whore). Words and actions are what she's used to try and change that image, not clothes and make-up. So my point I guess is: image is not the same as look. And until Ashlee Simpson settles on an image (ie., figures out who the hell she is as a person, deep down), her looks will continue to change, and I will continue to think she's a professional poser, a wannabe.

IMO, Madonna has always been Madonna. The only thing that's changed about her is her outward appearance (her look). She's still the same person she is on the inside, that's why her image hasn't changed.

Wait. Now that I think about it, Madonna has been trying to change her image. She wants us to believe she's a mature, spiritual, posh mother (as opposed to fame-hungry whore). Words and actions are what she's used to try and change that image, not clothes and make-up. So my point I guess is: image is not the same as look. And until Ashlee Simpson settles on an image (ie., figures out who the hell she is as a person, deep down), her looks will continue to change, and I will continue to think she's a professional poser, a wannabe.
    You don't remember when Madonna learned to speak without her Meeeshegaaan accent? Before she was anglophilic she wanted us to know she was smarter. All Ashlee has changed is cosmetic! And yes Madonna has used clothes and makeup-her tweed suits, flat hair and toned down makeup are all hallmarks of the becoming Mrs. Ritchie/Moomie stage.

Ashlee Simpson is an empty vessel. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot reconcile this with this. She's clearly searching for an image by changing up her look so drastically. She has no idea who she is. It's obvious, and it's why she's an empty vessel.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warren
    On this board saying that is the equivalent of saying you are a racist in the Middle of Harlem. Some things are better left unsaid.

Just one question. What exactly are you a fan of? (music, look,nose,etc)
    i like her songs.videos.the ashlee simpson show.clothes. appearance.

I listen to her most on my ITunes

Ashlee Simpson is not Madonna. As much as I hate Madonna she was original. She changed to please herself. Ashlee is trying to morph into all the other blond singers/actresses of today. To compare her to Madonna is way off

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information