Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angeline Jolie and Maddox leaving a judo class (03/01/2006)

Default Re: Angeline Jolie and Maddox leaving a judo class (03/01/2006)

The harshest criticism I think we've seen, though, has been over Britney's pregnancy. People said MJH looked big, but not that she was hideous or anything like that (until the one comment in this thread). I think a lot of it just has to do with how freaking badly Britney dressed during her pregnancy. How many comments do we see now saying things like "see Britney? That is how one should dress while pregnant!"

I just object to the assumption that the posters here only appreciate pregnant women when they are slim and barely look pregnant. Sure, Angie looks good and she happens to be thin, but numerous posters here have also raved about Mariska, Gwen, Kate Winslet, Rachel Weisz, and many others, who aren't/weren't so thin, but are/were healthy looking, not sloppy like Britney. I think generally, we all know that pregnant women should be gaining weight, and we still can and do find them beautiful. But some women, like Britney, will always draw criticism for other reasons (which in Brit's case should be obvious). Where the Melissa comment came from, I don't really know, because I don't think she looked atrocious, she was just a bit bigger, and she did lose the weight.
    Last edited by Tati; March 3rd, 2006 at 01:33 AM.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

She should get the mommy of the year award. How many other celbs. do you see with their kids in almost every photo. I love it!!!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Parkersmom
    She should get the mommy of the year award. How many other celbs. do you see with their kids in almost every photo. I love it!!!
    Just because she shoves her kids in front of cameras for photo ops means she should get mommy of the year, as long as in every sincgle picture I take I have my kids, then I am wondermom...............

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I think weight might have something to do with how ppl view pregnant women/stars though. Like MJH, ppl generally commented how bad Britney looked, how much weight she must've gained etc when she was pregs.
    Other women who didn't gain alot of weight during their pregnancy didn't get this sort of negative criticism e.g. Jennifer Garner, Denise Richards etc.
    Personally, I think that is because they seemed to take better care of themselves...they dressed better and at least looked like they had bathed (britney only) MJH did gain some weight, but I thought she looked fine. She looked like a wonderfully happy woman who was having a child.

Those who think AJ hasn't gained much weight, she still has 3+ months to go-she has plenty of time! She may get as big as a house before it's all over...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information