Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angelina Jolie at the "National Art and Hobby" (01/26/07)

I thought she always wore black.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I thought she always wore black.
    Yeah i know that's why i wrote she is back to wearing it. I'm thinking maybe the
    reason why she wears black and always covered up is because she knows
    it disguises her skinniness.

I thought she always wore black because of her 'dark' personality. I've seen her in white, and light brown before, never seen her in anything very colourful.

I wear a whole lot of black, and even I think she would look nice in some other colour than black.

She is beautiful enough, I think most stuff would look nice on her.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    Yeah i know that's why i wrote she is back to wearing it. I'm thinking maybe the
    reason why she wears black and always covered up is because she knows
    it disguises her skinniness.
    Actually, it doesn't go that way. Black is a slimming color. That's why people wear black and other dark colors when they want to look slimmer. Wearing white and lighter colors makes you look fuller. So I don't think she's at all worried about covering up her skinniness.

And to the person who bashed Angelina for working and traveling while her mother was sick, that's just stupid. Her mother had been fighting cancer for over 7 years. What do you expect? Angelina to stay by her bedside and not live her life, not take care of her kids, not work for 7 YEARS? There are many pics of Angelina visiting her mom at the hotel and hospital (and visibly upset) so it's not like she abandoned her mother like many people do when faced with illness. Also, I very much doubt her mom would want her to do that. She'd want Angelina to live her life.

I just think people need to take a break with the bashing when it comes to the death of someone close. It's obvious Angie loved her mother very much by the way she has always spoken of her and how she raised Angelina and her brother by herself because we all know Jon Voight was busy boning other women and not very interested in caring for the kids.

^Thanks for the info. on wearing black color.

She looks too thin as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    Actually, it doesn't go that way. Black is a slimming color. That's why people wear black and other dark colors when they want to look slimmer. Wearing white and lighter colors makes you look fuller. So I don't think she's at all worried about covering up her skinniness.

And to the person who bashed Angelina for working and traveling while her mother was sick, that's just stupid. Her mother had been fighting cancer for over 7 years. What do you expect? Angelina to stay by her bedside and not live her life, not take care of her kids, not work for 7 YEARS? There are many pics of Angelina visiting her mom at the hotel and hospital (and visibly upset) so it's not like she abandoned her mother like many people do when faced with illness. Also, I very much doubt her mom would want her to do that. She'd want Angelina to live her life.

I just think people need to take a break with the bashing when it comes to the death of someone close. It's obvious Angie loved her mother very much by the way she has always spoken of her and how she raised Angelina and her brother by herself because we all know Jon Voight was busy boning other women and not very interested in caring for the kids.
    Errrmmmm, can you tell me why it is NOT stupid that she leaves to go to Vietnam for five days and returns just in time for her mother to die. WTF are u talking about. If my mother was dying of Cancer, I will be sure to spend very special holidays with her instead of gallivanting all over the world in a bid to remold my image. That's what close knit families do, she didn't need to stop her life, but if she was such a loving daughter with as much money as she has, she would have made concessions to be with her dying mother because we all know she is not short of money. Instead of spending, New Year, Christmas, and every other holiday in a third world country photo-opping and staying in luxury hotels while her mother languishes in a hospital. And what makes you think that she loves her mother as much as you say, do you know her that personally?? Or are u just talking because of the pictures from last year that showed her crying leaving the hospital? I do not care if she loved her mother as much as you believe or not. I think it is very obvious what her priorities in life are. She must have loved her mother so much that she decided that the best way to show her love is to move as far away from her to New Orleans. Cancer is a disease that gives you warning signals when it gets critical. And when you say Voigt was boning other women, won't angelina count as an "other" woman in that term, the hypocricy is certainly ludicrous!! And how do you know that Voight did not want to care for his kids, do you know them that personally and do you know the **TRUTH??**

SHe made it to the hospital at about 5pm from what I read and her mother died at 7. Yep, she must be the greatest daughter alive. And please stop spitting lyrical to me about not bashing people when a loved one dies. What has that got to do with me and who I bash, you realy think she comes to GR to read up on what's being said about her. If you need to feel conscientious about people and their feelings when someone in their family dies, go to church or to a mosque and NOT a gossip forum!!!!!!!! I get sooo peeved when someone comes on a gossip board to try to give me lectures on how to talk about people that don't give a fuck about me or them .. Geez!!!!

Bronze Member

The thing with cancer is that you NEVER know what is going on,or what's going to happen!
    My aunt died from a cancer, and the week before she passed away she was perfectly fine, laughing, cracking jokes,it seemed like she was better than ever and that life still went on....
    the next thing i know is that,she went abroad just to do a check up...she died there,just a few days after we saw her;We were completely shoked , depressed and devastated.Because the last time we saw her she was so lively and vibrant!It seemed so natural to see her the week after she left.We didn't even think once that she could die,NEVER EVER.She was 43...
    So please ,i'm BEGGING you down on my knees,don't judge people when it come to serious and sad things like that,especially when you only get to "know" them through the media...or the tabloids,which don't always report the thruth.
    Last edited by makedah22; February 2nd, 2007 at 05:47 PM.

^^^ I guess you are right, maybe I spoke too soon about the effects and predictability of cancer. But basically everything we kow about this people is what the media tells us so we never know the real *truth*. It's all speculation and tabloid rumour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information