Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Angelina Jolie leaving Pune airport in India with her son Maddox (11/04/2006)

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Well, it's Maniston's fault as always

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

she's gorgeous, but her feet.....they're just so huge and...i wouldn say ugly...but pretty unattractive

Elite Member

she looks gorgeous
    motherhood and travel agree with her
    *hottt mama*

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm sure, like most kids that age, he'd rather spend more time at home and at the park and less in airports and foreign countries. People can talk about how wonderful AJ is, but all you've got to do is look at that kid's face sometimes and see that he doesn't look as happy as he should..
    Yeah and then you see kids crying at their own birthday parties and screaming bloody murder when they see Mickey Mouse at Disneyland or freaking out on Santa's lap at the local mall for their yearly Christmas picture...lol

I think the 'looks' on the kids' face means nothing--that's really being overly analytical. Kids are kids...moody, brooding, sleepy, tired, grouchy one minute and overjoyed the next. These 3 kids (Maddox, Zahara & Shiloh) have great lives and they may not appreciate it now because yes, they are small, but one day they'll see these pictures and be aware that they had wonderful little lives. It's not just money, it's love and attention and they seem to be getting it all.

Shiloh is still an infant--I can understand them not taking her everywhere yet. It's not a sign of anything...just like any parent who leaves their child with a babysitter for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    she looks gorgeous
    motherhood and travel agree with her
    *hottt mama*
    ITA...I love seeing hands on parents.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Yeah and then you see kids crying at their own birthday parties and screaming bloody murder when they see Mickey Mouse at Disneyland or freaking out on Santa's lap at the local mall for their yearly Christmas picture...lol

I think the 'looks' on the kids' face means nothing--that's really being overly analytical. Kids are kids...moody, brooding, sleepy, tired, grouchy one minute and overjoyed the next. These 3 kids (Maddox, Zahara & Shiloh) have great lives and they may not appreciate it now because yes, they are small, but one day they'll see these pictures and be aware that they had wonderful little lives. It's not just money, it's love and attention and they seem to be getting it all.

Shiloh is still an infant--I can understand them not taking her everywhere yet. It's not a sign of anything...just like any parent who leaves their child with a babysitter for a couple of hours.

ITA...I love seeing hands on parents.
    Overly analytical based on the look on the kids face? As opposed to your very sound and logical analysis of Jawniston, Ben Affleck, Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Lopes and Jennifer Garner to name a few?
    You like who you like and therefore defend them based on whether or not YOU like them.

Travelling all over the world doesn't make a happy childhood/life. I have a child and at the end of the day, he wants to be HOME!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Who cares if they 'travel all over the world'? Does that hurt anyone? If they can afford it, more power to them...what should they do stick their kids in a tiny yard and expect them to entertain themselves for the next 18 years? I'm all for parents giving their kids what they can...why does that bother people? And some kids want to be home because they don't know any better...glued to the t.v. hanging on to their mama's apron strings. If people can travel with their kids and give them experiences, that doesn't make me jealous. Love your kids man and good for parents who love theirs too. Considering what some people do to thier kids (treat them badly, abuse them, etc...), traveling with your children all over the world is at the bottom of my list as far as 'bad treatment' goes.

She's pregnant; the jacket's pulling...look at the buttons.

She's covering up.

Looks like she's got varicose veins......of the arms???? shudder

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    Who cares if they 'travel all over the world'? Does that hurt anyone? If they can afford it, more power to them...what should they do stick their kids in a tiny yard and expect them to entertain themselves for the next 18 years? I'm all for parents giving their kids what they can...why does that bother people? And some kids want to be home because they don't know any better...glued to the t.v. hanging on to their mama's apron strings. If people can travel with their kids and give them experiences, that doesn't make me jealous. Love your kids man and good for parents who love theirs too. Considering what some people do to thier kids (treat them badly, abuse them, etc...), traveling with your children all over the world is at the bottom of my list as far as 'bad treatment' goes.
    As someone who moved all over during my childhood, I really disagree. I didn't even do half as much travelling as Maddox does on such a regular basis, but just moving to various foreign countries was really hard. We never had a sense of stability and a feeling of belonging. I really don't care how other people raise their kids, but you can't pretend that little children don't need the security and stability of a home in such formative years, especially when they're at the age when they are leaving the house for school and friendships. And if they're really was an Al Qaeda threat on them, there is absolutely no need to take your kids with you. But the whole Al Qaeda thing was a big lie anyway to rationalize the barbaric behavior of their security people.

Silver Member

I'm not going to get into whether or not Angelina Jolie is a good mother (I don't really care) and what's best for her children but to offer another perspective, I changed 6 schools in almost as many years when I was young and even that was still very hard on me. I remember living in constant dread of another inevitable move because it had taken me the entire school year to make friends and the reason it took me so long to make friends was because I was always afraid we'd move again suddenly. Children like stability, structure, and routine. I would imagine that it's even more difficult for children of celebrities.

Elite Member

For pete's sake, these 3 kids aren't even in school yet! They're BABIES! There's a difference between traveling and going on vacation and moving and relocating every year. Angelina and Brad take their kids with them when they travel whether it be on vacation or while they're working. Considering how rich and famous they are, I think it's humbling that they care enough to keep their family unit intact and aren't just dumping the kids in boarding schools. The fact remains that Maddox, Zahara and Shiloh aren't in school and they deserve to be with their parents. One day when they do start school, I'm sure the traveling won't be as frequent, but in the meantime, while they still can, it's a good thing that they are together and that they are cared for by their parents.

Also, going on vacation or traveling to different places a few times year is different than totally relocating, leaving your friends and family and starting a new school year every 6 months. Don't confuse the two....and as far as the downfalls of moving, my niece and nephew are both military brats and have been their entire lives. They move every 3 or 4 years and guess what? My 17 year old nephew is the most intelligent, mature and unpretentious young man you could ever meet. He is wise beyond his years and has seen a lot of the world--more than some people will ever see in their entire lives. In fact, they are moving to Japan in January and he (along with his entire family) are totally excited about it. For them, this new move is an adventure, a new chapter in their lives. My brother wanted to come back to the states and the kids didn't want to!! They wanted to stay overseas!! So, not all families, not all people and not all kids, feel scarred, insecure or 'dread' change. A lot of people welcome it and adapt well.

So you have celebrities like Madonna who hire babysitters for a night out for dinner because they obviously don't want to hassle with an infant or couples like TomKat who NEVER go out in public with their baby Suri... and then you have others, like Brangelina who take the entire family in tow and rough it out (even if the cameras are watching) and do spend time with their kids at all costs...and no matter what, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. As long as kids are loved, I think do what works--they don't have to please us--just take care of their kids. That, to me is more impressive than any movie any of these people put out.

PrettyGirl,
    Let me be clear on this: Travelling/vacationing with your children isn't wrong. Turning your children into vagabonds who really don't KNOW where home is just isn't a good idea. IMO. Like I said, I have a child and he wants to be in HIS bed at the end of the day - except on weekends when he likes to stay at friends sometimes. You're right, children vary - some do not like to travel, others do. Most children (and yes, I am very familiar with lots of them - I probably have 20 to 30 nieces and nephews) need structure, familiarity and schedules. Different strokes for different folks. It may not be as important now when they are babies - however, with Maddox starting school soon, it will become even more important to stay someplace long enough to make friends, ride the bus and just BE A KID.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information