Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie and her plane (03/13/2006)

Default Re: Angelina Jolie and her plane (03/13/2006)

^^It's not like she chose to have her kids in the spot light, she's famous and so they are exsposed to it.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Silver Member

personaly, i don't think that ange would risk her child's health... maybe a really tough pregnancy ha?... bc she looks very thin...
    i remeber my sis friend's pregnancy. she was eating well, but she had a very complicated pregnancy and she gained just 15 pounds during her pregnancy... whatever, i hope the baby and ange are healty...

No one has out and out said it, but there have been several refrences to 'I can't believe X is doing X and she is pregnant'. I was just making a statement that there is nothing wrong with going on about your business while being pregnant.
    I never experienced any loss of balance with eithe pregnancy, despite weighing a great deal-I did sometimes have trouble getting up and down off the couch....I do see what you are saying, but she does look like she is holding on, and she isn't that far off the ground.
    Who knows what kind of mother she is. So these kids are photographed alot, true. I'm sure when she decided to become an actress she sat back and thought "when I make movies and become somewhat famous, I will have kids and parade them around to make me even more famous and the world will one day worship my children because they have been in so many mags. I want to be followed 24/7 and I will never have a moment when I can leave the house and go buy a box of tampons without 15 people looking.....wow! I can't wait for this life." Most people would prefer she locks herself and her children up in some house on a hill and let her 'servents' go out shopping for her, buy her childrens toys and clothes-hell, even let them pick out the Christmas tree....she is just a woman who has a life and children. She just also happens to be an actress that people are interested in....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

^ exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    I understand your point and I agree, but you're just attacking a straw man. I don't think anyone here has alleged that pregnancy is a handicap or that women should behave or be treated as such. But it's a fact that you have to be careful because, later in the pregnancy, your center of gravity is off as a result of the baby and hence, you can become prone to being clumsy. For this reason, I would not jump on the wing of a plane in the later months of my pregnancy.
    And I wouldn't exactly nominate Angelina for mommy of the year, despite the fact that her fans wax poetic about her parenting skills. She's made these kids just as famous as she is, and that's a huge disservice to them. And I don't buy that she didn't have any control over that, especially since she had essentially made Maddox famous before things went so crazy as a result of her relationship with Brad (Maddox was in a Vanity Fair spread etc.)
    That's lame because she only allowed one or two legitimate photoshoot to her Maddox, most celebs do that. I have seen Cindy Crowford, Britney Spears, Brook Shields, Julia Roberts, John Travolta, Antonio Banderas, and many more.

She didnt parade them like many would say, the woman has two options: either take them with her wherever she goes OR lock them up in some apartment with some nanny. Now i would question her motherhood skills if she chose the 2nd option, what's the point of having kids if you are not going to be with them? Nicole Kidman is criticised for not being seen with her kids, and now Angelina for taking her kids everywhere. She is not taking them to premiers or ceremonies, these photos is when they are having a quality time as family, like any normal mother would do except that she is so famous.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    ....she is just a woman who has a life and children. She just also happens to be an actress that people are interested in....
    Oh, how I love the cold splash of reality! Well done, Sweetrebel!

Silver Member

there is sth wierd... one of her arm is like a twig, and the other one ( look back ) looks normal. photoshop maybe? and her legs look bigger...this is really not normal. even anorexics do gain weight while pregnant- a la victoria beckham... anyone else thinking that this is photoshoped?

Sad, she always had such a healthy looking body, compared to the skinnies in hollywood, and now she is buying into the skinny mentality.

^^ I dunno. She seems to be a "Fuck all y'all" kind of person, so I doubt she's given in to any kind of peer pressure. But I am curious why she looks gaunt now. She used to be skinny, now she's gaunt, and there's a difference.

I am amazed that her body is strong enough to support a fetus.....she is the most emaciated pregnant woman i have ever seen.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I wonder if she's just had a hard pregnancy and been sick frequently. A friend of mine was like that the entire time she was pregnant, just constantly throwing up.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

yeah thats exactly what i thought... every person is diff. some really gain weight, some even loses a few while pregnant. like some do crave chocolate while having period and gains weight, but some do constantly trow up and lose. at least i hope that her thinnes is bc of this... otherwise i don't even wanna imagine what kinda baby she will give birth...

Angelina is an expert at manipulating the media to her ends, and the fact that some of you think she can absolutely do no wrong whatsoever is a testament to that.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karizma
    That's lame because she only allowed one or two legitimate photoshoot to her Maddox, most celebs do that. I have seen Cindy Crowford, Britney Spears, Brook Shields, Julia Roberts, John Travolta, Antonio Banderas, and many more.

She didnt parade them like many would say,
    In 2003, Ms. Jolie tipped off US Weekly that she would appear in a park one afternoon with her adopted son, Maddox, according to two people familiar with the situation. The actress had recently divorced actor Billy Bob Thornton, a relationship which was portrayed as reckless and bizarre. These two people say US Weekly knew Ms. Jolie had green-lighted the photo, which softened her image by showing her maternal side. However, the magazine didn't tell readers about it. Repeated calls to Ms. Jolie's manager for comment were not returned.

Mr. Hackett of People says Ms. Jolie, who does not have a publicist, is among the most sophisticated manipulators of the press. "She is totally, totally using it," he says. "I think that's brilliant."

The answer is manipulation so subtle it's hard to say if there's any manipulation at all. In January, when rumors swirled in the press that Ms. Jolie might be pregnant with the child of actor Brad Pitt, Ms. Jolie arranged for an employee of the charity Yéle Haiti to take a picture of her with her growing belly.

Ms. Jolie then let Yéle Haiti sell the picture to People, according to Mr. Hackett, the magazine's managing editor, and a representative for Mr. Pitt. A person familiar with the situation says People paid $400,000 for the picture. It appeared on the cover of the magazine with the headline: "Angelina Reveals: 'Yes, I'm Pregnant.' " (The incident was first reported by The New York Post.)

By arranging the Haiti photo, Ms. Jolie reaped several benefits. She ensured the picture was flattering. In diverting the money to charity, she put a twist on a tactic used by celebrities in recent years in which they arrange to be paid for wedding or baby photos with the proceeds going to charity. And Ms. Jolie reminded fans of her devotion to humanitarian causes. She had taken a hit months earlier when she struck up a relationship with Mr. Pitt shortly after his marriage to actress Jennifer Aniston broke up.
    http://_.wsj.com/public/article/SB114143524125389337-KUEdbMwjuTdoW9BEkTKC_fdiNSU_20060313.html?mod=blog s

She has used Maddox for pr before, just like other celebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    Angelina is an expert at manipulating the media to her ends, and the fact that some of you think she can absolutely do no wrong whatsoever is a testament to that.
    Well, I thought french kissing her brother and broadcasting that she fucked Billy Bob in the limo on the way to whatever awards show was pretty 'strange', but as far as her mothering skills or how she takes care of her body during pregnancy-I see nothing that would be negative....sorry....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

If her water breaks is she going to be able to stay calm and land the plane. I think she needs to stay on the ground now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information