Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Simpson on the set of "Major Movie Star" (07/27/07)

MIWMIWMIWMIWMIWMIW

Default Jessica Simpson on the set of "Major Movie Star" (07/27/07)

CCEU

Elite Member

i think she looks cute

The closer to natural she stays, the better looking she is.

she def looks better blonde although her face just doesnt have the radiance it once did---must be all the drugs

Why does she keep making movies?

I guess she's going to keep filming movies, regardless of the fact that they never do well and she has no appreciable talent.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by drama_queen View Post
    Why does she keep making movies?
    Exactly!
    There are so many actresses out there than can do a better job than she does.
    There must be something going on behind the curtains for her to keep getting
    these roles.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I guess she's going to keep filming movies, regardless of the fact that they never do well and she has no appreciable talent.
    she's only been in 2 movies. Dukes made 100 mill domestically and Employee of the Month was an independent movie and made money as well. just because shes not in a huge movie doesnt mean they dont do well

thank god she turned herself around. she looks SO much better.

Bitch, please.

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    she's only been in 2 movies. Dukes made 100 mill domestically and Employee of the Month was an independent movie and made money as well. just because shes not in a huge movie doesnt mean they dont do well
    Well, let's see, according to IMDb, Dukes of Hazzard made $80,270,227 domestically with a $53m budget. For a summer "blockbuster," it didn't even crack the $100m bar. The movies scored an embarrassing 14% fresh over at Rotten Tomatoes, with special attention given to Ms. Simpson's shitastic "acting." You'd think she'd have gotten a clue with this review: "Who can forget Jessica Simpson? You will, if you're lucky." And this with her in a bikini!

Employee of the Month managed to make $28,435,406 domestically. It did crank out a 21% freshness on the tomato meter, with this ringing endorsement, "Simpson has the charisma and screen presence of a wet towel." Ouch.

I'd say those movies scraped by at best, tanked at worst, and Jessica Simpson and her "acting" sucks all the way around.

I would say that she should stick to singing, but I don't think she does that well either. Maybe cooking? Oops, nope, not that either. Cleaning? Yeah, she's good at cleaning. Oh wait, not so much. Thinking! There, I think I've finally got what she's good at. Then again...well...nevermind. Maybe there's some other talents she has that we've never seen before.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Elite Member

Well, let's see, according to IMDb, Dukes of Hazzard made $80,270,227 domestically with a $53m budget. For a summer "blockbuster," it didn't even crack the $100m bar. The movies scored an embarrassing 14% fresh over at Rotten Tomatoes, with special attention given to Ms. Simpson's shitastic "acting." You'd think she'd have gotten a clue with this review: "Who can forget Jessica Simpson? You will, if you're lucky." And this with her in a bikini!

Employee of the Month managed to make $28,435,406 domestically. It did crank out a 21% freshness on the tomato meter, with this ringing endorsement, "Simpson has the charisma and screen presence of a wet towel." Ouch.

I'd say those movies scraped by at best, tanked at worst, and Jessica Simpson and her "acting" sucks all the way around.
    Firstly, who cares about rotten tomatoes? there are plenty of more legitimate review sources, and even movies that have been horribly reviewed can go on to make lots of money. reviews arent that relevant nowadays. if the film made 80 mill domestically, and lets say another 20 mill overseas, 50 million profit is still 50 million profit. and Employee of the month didnt exactly have a huge budget, as it was an independent movie. Whoever made Dukes also made money marketing figurines and copies of that red car...etc. Im not here touting her acting abilities at all, but someone is giving her parts. and everyone keeps asking why. well, you make a smaller budget movie, put her in it, and you make a profit. its not like they're making 100 million dollar budget movies with her. but shes still bankable. and look at Lindsay, granted she has talent, but her last 3-4 films were real bombs with zero profit and shes still getting work. Id say right now Jessica can make more money than a lot of other young starlets, both with more and less name recognition

Quote Originally Posted by SunShine23 View Post
    Firstly, who cares about rotten tomatoes? there are plenty of more legitimate review sources, and even movies that have been horribly reviewed can go on to make lots of money. reviews arent that relevant nowadays.
    I'm probably telling you something you already know, but Rotten Tomatoes just takes all the reviews out there and tallys up the percentages. It sucks, or it doesn't. A movie better have damn fine word of mouth to overcome 75% bad reviews.

if the film made 80 mill domestically, and lets say another 20 mill overseas, 50 million profit is still 50 million profit. and Employee of the month didnt exactly have a huge budget, as it was an independent movie. Whoever made Dukes also made money marketing figurines and copies of that red car...etc. Im not here touting her acting abilities at all, but someone is giving her parts. and everyone keeps asking why. well, you make a smaller budget movie, put her in it, and you make a profit. its not like they're making 100 million dollar budget movies with her. but shes still bankable. and look at Lindsay, granted she has talent, but her last 3-4 films were real bombs with zero profit and shes still getting work. Id say right now Jessica can make more money than a lot of other young starlets, both with more and less name recognition
    I see what you're saying, and I'll concede the point that if you put someone who sucks as bad in Jessica Simpson in a movie that cost $12m to make and it makes $50m, it's not a complete loss. But, is she really bankable now? Her skills are negligible, and her star has declined to almost zilch since she ditched Nick and quit Newlyweds. In "Dukes of Hazzard" there was the novelty of her in a bikini, but unless she's doing that in every movie, what else is there?

Maybe there is a nitch for her in the indie movie market, but I don't see anyone giving a shit about her anymore. I predict - and I very well may be wrong - that her next movie will tank, unless it's driven by some serious star power other than her.

As an actress, she makes a so-so singer, lol.

Elite Member

I'm probably telling you something you already know, but Rotten Tomatoes just takes all the reviews out there and tallys up the percentages. It sucks, or it doesn't. A movie better have damn fine word of mouth to overcome 75% bad reviews.

I see what you're saying, and I'll concede the point that if you put someone who sucks as bad in Jessica Simpson in a movie that cost $12m to make and it makes $50m, it's not a complete loss. But, is she really bankable now? Her skills are negligible, and her star has declined to almost zilch since she ditched Nick and quit Newlyweds. In "Dukes of Hazzard" there was the novelty of her in a bikini, but unless she's doing that in every movie, what else is there?

Maybe there is a nitch for her in the indie movie market, but I don't see anyone giving a shit about her anymore. I predict - and I very well may be wrong - that her next movie will tank, unless it's driven by some serious star power other than her.
    Actually, I didnt know that. sorry! i just thought it was a review site on its own. thanks for the info lol.

I definitely agree about Dukes. You're right, She was still with Nick at the time and had some sort of star power. I don't think you're wrong about her next film. I do think her next movie wont make much money unless her image in the media changes. I think if she had stayed with Nick and her father wasnt such a publicity hound and sleaze-ball, she may have actually come out and become somewhat bankable.
    But look at Jessica Alba. All her films have tanked accept her ensemble movies (Fantastic Four). Scarlett Johanssen doesnt have a great track record either. There are a lot of young actors who get roles and their films flop. So I guess giving Jessica isn't so shocking. I mean, even Angelina, who is considered the epitome of a movie star had a string of flops before Mr and Mrs Smith and after (Good Shepherd, Mighty Heart). Heart even had Oscar Buzz. So I guess my point is, if these people cant carry a movie, then might as well give Jessica a dumb role and some teeny boppers might make them some kind of profit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information