Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angelina Jolie in Chad (03/12/07)

Default Angelina Jolie in Chad (03/12/07)

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

I dunno, I think these pictures look more like a photo op than a goodwill mission out in the desert.

I do love the last pic. Her arms look the the Terminator when he rips his skin off!!

I don't know why I always step into these threads...but, I think that the pics could be seen as a photo op, sure, but they can also bring awareness to the issues...and that applies to any celeb-not just AJ...
    Personally, I don't care if she does these things because she likes the way it makes her look-why would anyone care if people are being helped...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I personally really dislike pictures like that. They are painfully staged :/
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    Oscar Wilde

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wading in with great trepidation... I don't think they are. But I'm not here to argue about it, that's for sure...

Elite Member

I suppose these skinny and starving children appear to be staged too.

What's ironic to me is how there are some people who won't even look at photographs or film of children who are diseased, dying and/or starving in Third World countries because they think it's 'too painful' and it upsets them. Their own pain interests them more than the pain of innocent children. That I'll never understand.

We love to see celebrities on the red carpet to see what they're wearing or who they're with, but to see a celebrity in a poor country with an orphaned child we are 'bothered'. Amazing.

I know everyone thinks Angelina is doing this for attention, but i'm one of the few who believes she's genuinely caring... sorry.
    I just dont believe somebody would put so much time and effort into it, and visit so much, just for 'publicity'. I dont see Lindsay or Parisite or Britney over there- they prefer the flash your cooch, go to rehab kind of attention. You genuinely have to the heart to do what Angelina does, i dont think someone would just do it for the 'attention'.

Hit By Ban Bus!

There's nothing to apologize for!

The popular opinion is that she isn't genuinely doing this, and does it to look good, thats why i said 'sorry', as in 'sorry, thats not how i feel'. Its just an expression anyway. I say it alot.

Let's be honest. People look at these pics for Angelina. How many would actually look at the pics if she wasn't in them? Seriously?
    As sad as the plight of these families/children are, we only look to see the pics of her.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

omg im falling in love with her ............ somebody slap me please?!

Elite Member

Maybe her fame is bringing much needed attention to these kids and their cause. Hopefully that would be the positive that comes from her involvement in this line of work.

On another note, someone made a comment about Angelina's arms. If some people think her arms are grotesquely skinny, can you imagine how the arms and legs of the children she sees on her travels look like? That must be beyond sad and horrific. Many of these little kids have disfigured bodies from disease and starvation and those protruding stomachs they get from malnutrition.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah angie's bod is starting to scare me though....

Elite Member

I don't know if this is true, but I hear that people who are involved in this type of work almost feel guilty about eating. Look at Audrey Hepburn...she was so tiny and skinny. I think seeing so many sick and starving children makes them think of food differently. Food for them is fuel, but it's not a luxury. To overindulge in food is incomprehensible to them after they see the shortage of it in so many parts of the world. Maybe that's why Angelina is so thin and gaunt too....the mentality one develops from seeing what they do.

Could never realige the WORK thing.
    Actual work is NOT what those ignorants are doing.
    TRaveling in style ,living in 5 stars hotels,snapping sad pictures and jet home satisfied,it is not work.
    Work is what people does living in the place,giving them selves and getting sick to help the refugees,not what those idiots are doing along with the corrupted political system.
    My kis WORK with the refugees and they know no Sunday rest for years.I find that attitude of UN insulting to my intelligence to say the least.THe pseudo humanitarianism of the likes of Miss Jolie ,can only anger me .Let me tell you,i find the Lohans and Britneys of this world A LOT more sincere.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I don't know if this is true, but I hear that people who are involved in this type of work almost feel guilty about eating. Look at Audrey Hepburn...she was so tiny and skinny. I think seeing so many sick and starving children makes them think of food differently. Food for them is fuel, but it's not a luxury. To overindulge in food is incomprehensible to them after they see the shortage of it in so many parts of the world. Maybe that's why Angelina is so thin and gaunt too....the mentality one develops from seeing what they do.
    I don't think Angelina's eating problems are all guilt about the starving children.. maybe partly. There are a lot of people who feel guilty about having more than 90% of the world, myself included, and it's up to us to deal with those feelings in constructive and effective ways, which is individual and personal for everyone.

I can understand effie's point of view, I'm just wondering if it's more the way other celebs are... somehow I feel this is real for AJ.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information