Thread: Denise Richards and daughter play on the playground in Malibu Market (11/05/2006)

Default Denise Richards and daughter play on the playground in Malibu Market (11/05/2006)

hwb

This may sound cruel, but is Sam "special?" She seems to get significantly more attention than Lola, and despite being the older of the two, she's always the one hanging all over Denise, being carried, putting strange things in her mouth, etc. And never with any facial expression other than that blank, hideous scowl.

Silver Member

If you see the other pictures, Denise was carrying Lola from the car and they went to play in the park when Sam bumped her head on the springy horse in the playground. Obviously the child was upset and wanted her Mom, she's only 2 and a half years old still. If you see the video at x17online.com they were really harassed by the paparazzi in this particular instance and even the paparazzi apologised to Denise. Obviously, there are loads of pictures of Denise out and about with the children and I would say from the PICTURES Denise seems to divide her time between the children really well; obviously they are only pictures but I defintiely wouldn't say Sam gets more significantly more attention based on the pictures I have seen.

That really was unnecessarily cruel to say that about Sam, as I said she is still only 2.
    Last edited by LizaMarie; November 8th, 2006 at 04:05 AM.

^^^ Too right it was cruel!! Fecking "special"? Are you too ashamed of yourself to say disabled??

The only thing wrong with little Sam is how much she resembles Charlie!
    Last edited by pinklilycat; November 8th, 2006 at 04:36 PM.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

She's a really loving mom~

First thing I always look at when it says "Denise Richards and her kids" is to see how many pictures have Sam with her thumb in her mouth and the blanket.

/shrug Cruel or not, it's time to wean her at least from sucking her thumb. I'm all for the security blanket, but nothing irks me more (and I'm a mom of two before anyone says anything) is to see parents starting their kids on thumb sucking and carrying the security blankets from an early age. It's just as bad to see a three year old with a pacifier.

No flaming necessary, this is just my opinion, and I am entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    This may sound cruel, but is Sam "special?" She seems to get significantly more attention than Lola, and despite being the older of the two, she's always the one hanging all over Denise, being carried, putting strange things in her mouth, etc. And never with any facial expression other than that blank, hideous scowl.

And I agree here, it's not just this occasion that Sam has that look on her face, this is one of many pictures.

Maybe the little girl just doesn't like to smile. Would be nice to see one photo of her with a big "I'm a happy 2 year old" grin like you see most others at that age.
    When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we’d all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn’t until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear. ~ Jack Handey

The pics of them at the pumkin patch Denise was with Lola in most of them so l think she spends time with both of them. Very cute kids they look so alike!

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

People can get really defensive at the suggestion that a kid isn't attractive or looks impaired, can't they?

SB, I understand your point. I'll bet she's just frightened by the paps though.

Justagirl, how do wean a kid from sucking their thumb? It's not like you can take it away. Neither of my kids were thumb suckers...thank god...but I don't see how you could get them to stop.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

When my son was 3 (same as Sam almost is) the dentist I took him to indicated that he was starting to get an overbite as a result from the thumbsucking. He advised me to wean him. He suggested home remedies or just distracting the child from doing it when they are agitated or need comfort. They do it as a security issue (she always carries a blanket around for that) my son did that too, which was fine.

However at age 11 he has had to wear retainers to correct his teeth formation, and is scheduled for braces at 14. The dentist is the same one who saw him at at 3 (no the thumbsucking didn't stop till he was in kindergarten) and thank God he stopped on his own when he said the other 5 year olds were calling him a big baby. He got embarassed and stopped on his own. At that point I had been at wits end to stop. Seems denise has both her kids doing it, some moms just think its cute when they are little and that it is more "accepted" than a pacifier, not knowing the dangers later on from it.
    When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we’d all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn’t until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear. ~ Jack Handey

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

SB, I understand your point. I'll bet she's just frightened by the paps though.
    My thoughts exactly. And I like how DumboDenise has taken to wearing a diamond-encrusted cross around her neck. God, she really annoys me for some reason.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Thread Information