Thread: Nicole Kidman tries to go for a drive, gets swarmed by pap in Sydney (06/23/2006)

SVZ

Default Nicole Kidman tries to go for a drive, gets swarmed by pap in Sydney (06/23/2006)

HWB

Default Re: Nicole Kidman tries to go for a drive, gets swarmed by pap in Sydney (06/23/2006)

I couldn't imagine having to go through that all the time. Sooner or later theres gonna be another Princess Di accident because the paps are becoming more & more invasive. They cant even move their vehicle.

Default Re: Nicole Kidman tries to go for a drive, gets swarmed by pap in Sydney (06/23/2006)

There should be a law against papz. Maybe take shots far from the artits.

There is a movie about a guy who is followed by a crazy paparazzi and it is really scary..... I hate them, most of them are not even professional fotographers.

Never is too late to make a change.

Aww, why don't they just leave her alone? She would probably be glad to give them a nice picture or two, without them swarming her like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakesweetjane
    I couldn't imagine having to go through that all the time. Sooner or later theres gonna be another Princess Di accident because the paps are becoming more & more invasive. They cant even move their vehicle.
    Fuck 'em. Run the paps over. Just press down on the gas and GO!

Quote Originally Posted by KIMU
    There should be a law against papz. Maybe take shots far from the artits.

There is a movie about a guy who is followed by a crazy paparazzi and it is really scary..... I hate them, most of them are not even professional fotographers.
    I saw that movie. Tom Sizemore was one of 'em. I cannot tell you how much I loathe the paps. It's why that movie was so damn entertaining to me!

Elite Member

One or two photos when celebrities are doing something but don't need lots of them sitting in a car... get the idea that they are going for a drive. I think after a while I would drive them over..do it once and they will get out of your way..

Maybe they wanted more beer.

You seriously couldn't pay me enough to be famous. Screw money, my freedom and anonymity are far more valuable. I feel for the kids born into that. I might be in debt right now, but at least I can do my own thing, ya know?

AyanEva

Quote Originally Posted by AyanEva
    Maybe they wanted more beer.

You seriously couldn't pay me enough to be famous. Screw money, my freedom and anonymity are far more valuable. I feel for the kids born into that. I might be in debt right now, but at least I can do my own thing, ya know?

AyanEva
    I totally agree with you - some things are more important than fame and fortune... peace of mind and privacy are two of them-

Doesn't seem like a bad trade off to some people, but as they say, you never know what you've got until it's gone...

I wonder how many celebrities would actually go back to being anonymous if they could?

SVZ

celebrities would actually go back to being anonymous if they could?
    You definetly can! Stop doing movies, going to publicity jobs, get a job in an office where it'd be considered trespassing for paparazzi to even enter the building!

Obviously they've chosen not to imo

Yeah there should be some kind of law for papz to take pics without swarming a celeb like there the SWAT team.

I'm surprised there aren't more stories about celebs kicking some pap's ass. I know I would probably lose my temper if I were famous I had paps tracking my every move.

Hey she doesn't have the purple red hands anymore, hmmmm....her blood must be boiling here. She should hire someone to hose these azzes down, get out the elephant hose and let them have it!!

New California law aims to discourage paparazzi

SACRAMENTO (AP) Paparazzi who commit assault in pursuit of celebrity photographs could be hit with hefty civil penalties in California under a new law.
    The law would allow victims of paparazzi assaults to file lawsuits seeking up to three times the damages they suffered. The plaintiffs could also ask for punitive damages and a court order requiring the photographer to give up any income earned from the pictures involved.
    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed the bill Friday. It goes into effect Jan. 1.
    Several celebrities have been involved in accidents while being pursued by photographers. In May, actress Lindsay Lohan suffered cuts and bruises after a photographer rammed his van into her car. The photographer faces charges of assault with a deadly weapon.
    "This bill hits the paparazzi where it hurts the wallet," said Assemblywoman Cindy Montanez who proposed the measure. "Money is their motivation, so taking away their money will be the solution."
    She said the bill would protect Hollywood stars as well as bystanders who might be injured in chases involving paparazzi.
    Actress Scarlett Johansson had a minor crash in August while being followed by paparazzi, and actress Reese Witherspoon said she was chased by photographers who she believed were trying to force her from the road in April. No charges or injuries resulted from either case.
    Schwarzenegger was involved in an incident in 1998 involving paparazzi who used their cars to surround the then-actor's vehicle as he and his wife picked up their child from school.

I think it's a good idea. Freedom of the press is one thing, but these damn paps are a nuisance. Imagine being surrounded by these vermin when you are trying to pick up your kids from school!

Thread Information