Thread: Emma Thompson at the Glamour Woman Of The Year Awards (06/06/2006)

SVZ

Default Emma Thompson at the Glamour Woman Of The Year Awards (06/06/2006)

Thanks to MaD

Default Re: Emma Thompson at the Glamour Woman Of The Year Awards (06/06/2006)

I love her....but i DON'T love the blonde hair.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I'm just jealous she got to have sex with Hugh Laurie.

WTF, Emma - you're starting to look like Sally Kirkland.

Please go back to brown.
    Claude os, aperi oculos!

Silver Member

Emma, Emma, Emma.....I love you sooooo much. You are so supremely and brilliantly talented, funny and witty. BUT DARLING PLEASE, CAN WE TALK? If the blonde is for a role OK but if this is part of a new look for everyday.......no, no, no, no, no! And the bangs are way too heavy for your face. This outfit is unfortunate.....it's way too busy on you with the embroidery, the fringes, the bling, bling, bling, the details on the back and a train no less (sigh). Not to mention that your boobs look squashed. And where the hell is your posture girl???? I want to see you with maybe a lovely chestnut auburn hair color with some deep gold in it for shimmer. Curl and sweep those bangs off your lovely face, grow it out a bit and let the rest of the soft curls fall to your shoulders. I see you in a emerald green satin dress with halter top (if you improve that posture you would definately have the shoulders for it, and get a bra on), nipped at the waist and a large, flowing skirt to about below the knee, make it a little poufy by wearing a matching green crinolyn that just peeks out a little under the skirt to modernize the look.

I know I'm going on and on, but you are one of my most favorite actresses. I do so admire your talent, you truly are a star. It just kills me when you get your look so wrong!

i love emma. who gives a f*** what she wears or what color she dyes her hair...the woman is a legend....it's like talking bad about meryl streep...it's useless.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Silver Member

But if you notice Meryl Streep does care to get it right.

Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Belfae
    But if you notice Meryl Streep does care to get it right.
    Not always!

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb
    I love her....but i DON'T love the blonde hair.
    I love Emma, too, but this is not the look for her. She looks totally washed out here, like a snow-woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Not always!
    exactly.
    "I'll probably just end up in some seedy bar with some seedy blonde"-some random Englishman

Silver Member

Frankly, I think that's a good look for Meryl. She can carry it. Whereas Emma's look seems to wear her.

Emma's eye looks extremely wonky here, which I've never noticed before. Doesn't matter, she'll always be one of my favorites.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Thread Information