Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angeline Jolie and Maddox leaving a judo class (03/01/2006)

Default Angeline Jolie and Maddox leaving a judo class (03/01/2006)

Default Re: Angeline Jolie and Maddox leaving a judo class (03/01/2006)

I'm prepared to take the heat, but I think she looks lovely here.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

She's glowing And Maddox is adorable, as usual.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel
    I'm prepared to take the heat, but I think she looks lovely here.
    Agreed.

I wonder what Maddox will look like when he's older?
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood". --Oscar Wilde

Bronze Member

I think she's looked great throughout this entire pregnancy. Unlike some, like what's her face from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, who looked just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by kris571
    I think she's looked great throughout this entire pregnancy. Unlike some, like what's her face from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, who looked just awful.
    For the record, women are actually supposed to put on some weight during their pregnancy, considering they've got a fetus to nourish. Angelina looks just great according to you people because she hasn't put on any weight, but Melissa Joan Hart's pregnancy was more healthy and normal.

maddox seems like a spoiled brat to me...
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    Oscar Wilde

Elite Member

I'm one of those sappy people who think pregnant women look beautiful. Angelina is no exception.

Bronze Member

maddox seems like a spoiled brat to me...
    I can see where you'd get spoiled because, I mean, his mom is a jillionaire, but I don't get where you see brat. I mean, it's not like we've heard story after story of Maddox's tantrums or bratty behavior.

For the record, women are actually supposed to put on some weight during their pregnancy, considering they've got a fetus to nourish. Angelina looks just great according to you people because she hasn't put on any weight, but Melissa Joan Hart's pregnancy was more healthy and normal.
    Why I was commenting on Melissa Joan Hart specifically was b/c of how distorted looking she became during her pregnancy. Her face swelled and she looked totally different, not in a good way. That's where the comparison came in - Angelina's face looks very pretty and MJH's face looked...disturbing. I wasn't referring to the actual pregnancies.

Quote Originally Posted by kris571
    I can see where you'd get spoiled because, I mean, his mom is a jillionaire, but I don't get where you see brat. I mean, it's not like we've heard story after story of Maddox's tantrums or bratty behavior.
    its just my impression... I can have one, right? of course, I can be wrong, thats why I said "seems to me"
    Last edited by shadowplay; March 2nd, 2006 at 05:01 PM.
    There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by grace721
    There are many different kinds of normal pregnancies. Doctors say you should only gain 20 to 25 pounds throughout an entire pregnancy. Some gain more some gain less. Doesn't make Angelina unhealthy. Melissa Joan Hart looked like she had a lot of swelling especially close to her due date.
    First of all, the standard amount of weight gain which is deemed appropriate for a healthy pregnacy is 25-35 lbs. Secondly, if the woman is particularly thin, which Angelina was, you should add a good 10-15 lbs to this. This weight is needed in the amniotic fluid, the placenta, the uterine muscle, blood volume, breast tissue etc. as well as the baby itself.
    In any case, my point wasn't to say that Angelina's pregnancy is unhealthy, only that Melissa Joan Hart may not have looked as glamorous as Angelina, but her pregnancy was closer to a typically healthy one. Of course that doesn't matter, it just matters that you're glowing and beautiful, and that means the only place that should be growing is your belly.

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    In any case, my point wasn't to say that Angelina's pregnancy is unhealthy, only that Melissa Joan Hart may not have looked as glamorous as Angelina, but her pregnancy was closer to a typically healthy one. Of course that doesn't matter, it just matters that you're glowing and beautiful, and that means the only place that should be growing is your belly.
    I hardly think that's all that matters to the posters here. It's just that Angie does look nice, and Melissa did look a little bloated - a lot of us have still said that Angie looks too thin, it's just that she happens to look pretty at the same time. Melissa is also pretty short, so it was likely just the weight on her tiny frame that made her look so heavy. And Angie still has a ways to go, I'm sure she's going to put on a bit more, and may well end up looking similarly bloated.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do think Angie looks good, but it's not because she hasn't gained much weight. It's just because she pretty much always looks good, and she dresses well for the pregnancy (albeit somewhat boring). I think women who gain more weight than she has can look gorgeous during pregnancy as well. Gwen Stefani looks terrific, as does Rachel Weisz, and I think Katie Holmes actually looks nice as well (cringe), and she's definitely put on weight all over.

I know I'm not one of the ones that posted earlier in the thread, but I imagine some of those who did probably feel similarily - it's not that we think pregnant women only look good when they barely gain any weight, it's just that some wear it better than others, regardless of how many pounds they've put on.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

The woman's pregnant for God's sake, I just don't understand why we have talk about how ugly she looks. So, she gains weight in her face, what is she supposed to do about it? Why can't you just say Angelina looks good, full stop?

I don't know... you'd have to ask kris571. I likewise don't see the point of comparing two women with very different body types at different stages of pregnancy.

... however, I also don't think pregnancy gives anyone a reprieve from our wrath! j/k
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think weight might have something to do with how ppl view pregnant women/stars though. Like MJH, ppl generally commented how bad Britney looked, how much weight she must've gained etc when she was pregs.
    Other women who didn't gain alot of weight during their pregnancy didn't get this sort of negative criticism e.g. Jennifer Garner, Denise Richards etc.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information