Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A pregnant Angelina Jolie still takes flying lessons (02/17/2006)

SVZ

Default A pregnant Angelina Jolie still takes flying lessons (02/17/2006)

Default Re: A pregnant Angelina Jolie still takes flying lessons (02/17/2006)

Do you still take lessons after you get your license? She's had her pilot license for like a year.

Is she in her last trimester? That's when you're supposed to stop flying.

Silver Member

In the 3rd pic it looks like rain. My dad used to fly, but weather was key. It is real dangerous to fly in the rain.

well my boyfriend is a pilot and it depends on what kind of license she has and he says she probaby has a initial private license to begin with which means that she can fly VFR (visual flight regulation) and THAT means that she can fly a single engine land aircraft...and in answer to the question...yes..she has to fly to meet the requirements of her license..

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove
    Do you still take lessons after you get your license? She's had her pilot license for like a year.

Is she in her last trimester? That's when you're supposed to stop flying.

I'm not attacking flying specifically, but what in gawd's name is she trying to prove?? You don't have to do it all right now! There's plenty of time: life is long (one hopes... ) She has two preschoolers and is heavily pregnant. WHY is she still running all over like this? It's OK to back off your schedule and just take care of yourself and enjoy life for a bit. Can she not stand to be still for even a DAY?? Most pregnant women I know feel compelled to rest and eat: they owe it to their child and their health. She must have a serious overachieving addiction.
    Founder, Alan Rickman Bedtime Story Societyhttp://www.skapunkandotherjunk.com/i...tter_snape.gif

i agree...she just needs to take it easy for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by NurseNoir
    I'm not attacking flying specifically, but what in gawd's name is she trying to prove?? You don't have to do it all right now! There's plenty of time: life is long (one hopes... ) She has two preschoolers and is heavily pregnant. WHY is she still running all over like this? It's OK to back off your schedule and just take care of yourself and enjoy life for a bit. Can she not stand to be still for even a DAY?? Most pregnant women I know feel compelled to rest and eat: they owe it to their child and their health. She must have a serious overachieving addiction.

SVZ

isn't it not recommended to fly and be pregnant at the same time?

She must have a serious overachieving addiction.
    Well said!
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Those little planes are dangerous. I wouldn't get on one of those when I was pregnant, but I am on the cautious side.

Same here. I would be reluctant not pregnant let alone pregnant to hop in one of those!

Zee

I fly in commerical and private planes. I actually feel more confident in the air in a private plane. Mostly because the pilot is wonderful. Have had some lousy flights, just like in commercial planes.

When I was pregnant, I had to fly into my 8th month due to a business trip that couldn't be avoided. My doctor gave me the green light even though I was an older mother.

I do hope that she will slow down after the baby is born.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Child
    Same here. I would be reluctant not pregnant let alone pregnant to hop in one of those!

You don't know the fun you're missing. Piloting a small plane is a great deal of fun.

I do question her wisdom flying that late into her pregnancy. That's pretty dumb.

Pregnancy is not an illness or a handicap-you can still do everything you did before pregnancy. Like all things, you should show some common sense...I have never taken flying lessons, but I would venture to say she isn't flying hundreds of miles. I'm sure we all agree AJ is not dumb. She is a very intelligent woman, and I'm sure she is putting the safety and well being of her unborn child first.
    If I'm not mistaken, the reason they tell you not to fly late in pregnancy is in case you go into labor-you don't want to be x miles in the air and in labor...
    I guess my point is (I really do have one ) I don't think you should change your behavior or habits just because you are pregnant--UNLESS they were dangerous or BAD in the beginning....
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by mermaiddelsol
    well my boyfriend is a pilot and it depends on what kind of license she has and he says she probaby has a initial private license to begin with which means that she can fly VFR (visual flight regulation) and THAT means that she can fly a single engine land aircraft...and in answer to the question...yes..she has to fly to meet the requirements of her license..
    Thanks! I've been wondering about that for a while.

she is enjoying life, she is flying. so she must stay at home eating and getting fat? pregnant is not a desease. I don`t know why people in this forum tend to give all this "advices" to pregnant celebs. none of them lost their baby, if you know what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information