Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Zimbabwe’s Most Famous Lion Is Now a Hunting Trophy

I've spoken to quite a few of them over the years and I've never really gotten a solid answer to my question about why only one doe day, or if we had more, do they think it would help to thin out the herd.
    *sigh* Pretty obvious to me, because they're not trying to "thin out" the herd, at least not to the extent that it would affect their hunting revenues. And if does were targeted, there goes next year's crop of potential trophy bucks. From your State's Fish and Wildlife website: (Note there's no mention of massive deer overpopulation which requires public help to reduce vehicle collisions. Nope, it's all about enjoying recreational hunting and the money it produces for the State.)

Again, not attacking the hunting culture, just saying the deer are "overpopulated" because that's the way the States want it.

A healthy deer herd, managed at levels that are compatible with current land use practices and the human population, has great value to the people of the state. Deer are photographed, watched and hunted by many New Jerseyans and visitors from elsewhere. Deer hunters spend more than 100 million dollars each year as they enjoy approximately 1.5 million recreation-days hunting deer. Money spent in the course of deer hunting benefits a wide variety of New Jersey businesses.

These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

How the hell did this shithead get 'no charges'?? Doesn't matter, the fear of of him being the hunted will haunt him and his family for the rest of their lives.

Cecil the lion: No charges for Walter Palmer, says Zimbabwe

36 minutes ago
    From the section Africa

The US dentist who sparked an international outcry after killing a lion in Zimbabwe will not be prosecuted because he had obtained the legal authority to hunt, officials say.
    Walter Palmer admitted to killing Cecil the lion in July but has always denied that he acted illegally.

Zimbabwe's Environment Minister Oppah Muchinguri said he could not be charged as all his "papers were in order".

Mrs Muchinguri said Zimbabwe would now review how it issues hunting licences.

The environment minister had previously called for Mr Palmer to be extradited and face prosecution. However, it appears that Mr Palmer broke no laws when he killed the lion using a bow and arrow.

"We approached the police and then the Prosecutor General, and it turned out that [Walter] Palmer came to Zimbabwe because all the papers were in order," Mrs Muchinguru said.

Meanwhile the trial against Mr Palmer's Zimbabwean guide, Theo Bronkhurst, is due to continue on Thursday.

Mr Bronkhurst denies the charge of "failing to prevent an illegal hunt".

After his name was revealed by the press, Mr Palmer's dentistry practice and home were targeted by protesters. He has now returned to work after a two-month break.

The 55-year-old is believed to have paid $50,000 (£32,000) to hunt the lion in Zimbabwe's largest game reserve.

Speaking publicly for the first time about the incident last month, he told the Associated Press and Minneapolis Star Tribune that if he had known who the animal was he would not have killed it.

"If I had known this lion had a name and was important to the country or a study obviously I wouldn't have taken it," Mr Palmer said. "Nobody in our hunting party knew before or after the name of this lion."

Mr Palmer also revealed that his wife and daughter had faced intimidation.

"They've been threatened in the social media, and again… I don't understand that level of humanity to come after people not involved at all," he said.

An avid hunter who had previously visited Zimbabwe four times, Mr Palmer did not rule out returning to the country,

"I don't know about the future," he said.

"Zimbabwe has been a wonderful country for me to hunt in, and I have always followed the laws."

Cecil the lion: No charges for Walter Palmer, says Zimbabwe - BBC News
    Go Habs Go!!

Fucking asshole. i hope the protests shut down his business again.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cunt.

Elite Member

*i wasn't quite sure where to put this article.

I took my three-year-old daughter to see a lion dissected and she roared with delight

I took my three-year-old daughter to see a lion dissected and she roared with delight

The Guardian
    Richard Orange 1 hour ago

© Richard Orange Writer Richard Orange took his three-year-old daughter Eira to a lion dissection at Odense Zoo in in Denmark.

My three-year-old daughter is transfixed by a bandage tied around the lion’s rear shin, there to hide the spot where the zoo has cut away a strip of fur from the ligaments in advance.

“It’s got a big plaster,” she says over and over again. “Little lion, little lion. It’s got a big plaster.” She likes plasters, Eira. They’ve been an obsession ever since she gashed her forehead a year ago and sported one for several weeks.

A female lion lies stretched out on the wooden table in front of us, ready for dissection, and the air is filled with the dull reek of dead meat.

“Are you experimenting on your daughter,” a Danish TV journalist asked me when I told her I was going to Odense Zoo because I wanted to see how my daughter reacted to something that, for Danes, is completely normal and educational, but for the British seems so strange. I don’t think am, but if I thought there was the remotest chance she would be harmed, we wouldn’t be here. My wife is a bit ambivalent about the idea. “Take care of her,” she says, as we shoot over the bridge from our home in Malmö, Sweden. “Not sure about the whole thing. Makes me a bit worried.”

My only worry is that Eira might be too young, not to handle the blood and gore, but to sit and watch for an hour. But as soon as the zoo worker, Rasmus, begins the demonstration, she stops squirming and begins to watch intently. Rasmus, who looks Viking-like with his bright red beard and protective chainmail glove, cuts off the lion’s tongue with a quick tug of his knife. His colleague, Lotte, then holds up the severed organ and starts scraping it close to a microphone so that the crowd can hear how rough it is to touch. Eira grins and sticks out her own tongue and starts rubbing it with a finger.

Lotte brings out a lion’s skull and demonstrates how the teeth are adapted to puncture and rip the skin of its prey. “Big jaws. Roar! Lion going to bite you,” Eira exclaims. “Lion going to bite Eira!”

For me, the experience is fascinating. I realise it is the first time I’ve seen an animal dissection.

Rasmus removes the plaster and fur and pulls the two tendons he had exposed earlier to show the crowd how lions can extend their claws to form hooks that dig into the hide of their prey. “We have the same ligaments,” he explains. “The only thing is that we can’t pull both of them at the same time, so we can’t push our nails out.”

He then cuts into the lion’s abdomen, shearing through the fat in its inner thighs. “Lion don’t want to cut,” Eira says. “There’s blood coming there.”

The lion was put down several months ago, so when Rasmus opens up the abdomen you can really smell it. The children in front of us cover their noses. I start retching and, as far as I can see, I’m the only person who is affected so badly.

Rasmus unravels the lion’s colon and Lotte and another zoo assistant hold it out, stretching it to at least five metres. They then tip out the contents of the lion’s stomach to reveal the sodden fur of its last meal. By the time Rasmus pulls out the liver and kidneys, there’s blood and guts all over the table. But there’s still little sign of alarm from Eira. On the contrary, she is starting to look bored and hungry. After a passing aeroplane distracts her, I decide to rush out and refuel at the zoo cafe, where she wolfs down overpriced frikadeller.

Twenty minutes later, she’s in much better shape. The same cannot be said of the lion, which has now had its ribcage cracked open and its head and heart removed. The crowd is thinner, so we can get in really close to the animal’s head and face, which is now missing an eye and much of its skin. Rasmus informs me that while we were away we missed the best bit. “We can actually blow air through from the lungs, and we can make the lion roar,” he explains. “It only works 5% of the time, so we are very pleased that it worked today.”

I ask him if he thinks children as young as Eira risk being traumatised by dissections. He shakes his head. “It’s more cruel if you just walk into a supermarket and see all the cuts of different meats and all the organs that are lying there from different animals,” he says. “We only want to make it astonishing and tell people how beautiful and how interesting a lion is on the inside, too.”

Can they learn anything, though?

“If she’s just got the message that an eye is round, then she’s got something from today, because she can’t see that an eye is round from looking at another person. Different children and adults will learn different stuff, but they all take some interesting information home with them.”

I do wonder a little if this applies to Eira too. On the train home, I ask her what happened. “Lion fall down on table and got a plaster,” she says.

Karma arrives at last? The man who killed Cecil the Lion has his boat stolen and crashed

Brad Reed
    21 Jul 2016 at 11:03 ET

Dentist Walter Palmer, Cecil the Lion (thank goodness they labeled those so I can tell them apart - twitchy)

Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer outraged the world last year after he shot and killed a beloved lion named Cecil outside the Hwange National Park in Western Zimbabwe.
    Although Zimbabwe decided to not press charges against Palmer, he did receive some delayed karma this week when a thief stole his boat and crashed it at the Caxambas Park Marina in Marco Island, Fla.
    The Naples Daily News reports that Marco Island firefighters and EMS units were called to the Marina on Sunday to deal with a boat that had reportedly crashed. Shortly after arriving on the scene, police discovered that the boat belonged to Palmer and had been stolen by his neighbor.
    The neighbor in question, Andrew Derwin, stole the keys to Palmer’s boat from the rear lanai of his vacation house on Marco Island on Sunday, police said. Derwin and one passenger, Nicolas Stolinas, crashed the boat on Sunday afternoon. Stolinas suffered injuries caused by the boat’s propeller and was treated by medics.
    The boat itself is valued at $61,175, The Naples Daily News says, although the publication doesn’t go into great detail about what condition it’s now in since its Sunday crash.
    Karma arrives at last? The man who killed Cecil the Lion has his boat stolen and crashed
    "I don't want to see a ghost. It's the sight that I fear most. I'd rather have a piece of toast." Des'ree

Not enough karma.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

This guy is the true definition of Chiclets teeth.
    greysfang likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

worthless piece of shit.
    in21derland likes this.

The right Karma for this guy would be that, when he's on another shooting trip, his gun stalls, his guides run off, he gets surrounded by a pack of lions, or a tribe of wild - adult - chimps or baboons and they'll "play" with him for a while, before they feast on him. He needs to be literally scared shitless before he gets attacked. What a cold, callous, s.o.b.
    Brah and Bluebonnet like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information