Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Zimbabwe’s Most Famous Lion Is Now a Hunting Trophy

A*O

Anyway.... Back in Murca, I think I know a dentist who might be struggling to find patients now. The Petards are demanding his execution by hanging. We can always rely on them to take a balanced, reasonable stance.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    He's using the specious old "I wasn't doing anything illegal" defence.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Africa, thousands of women and children, especially Christians natch, are being systematically kidnapped, murdered and sold into sexual slavery. Where's the Twitterati outrage and petitions about that? [crickets].
    Not sure what your point is. No one should be upset about this lion being murdered because people are being murdered and no one started a petition? You can start a petition and I'll be glad to sign it.
    mtlebay, holly, Trixie and 1 others like this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Meanwhile, elsewhere in Africa, thousands of women and children, especially Christians natch, are being systematically kidnapped, murdered and sold into sexual slavery. Where's the Twitterati outrage and petitions about that? [crickets].
    yeah but they're not endangered.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't know why I feel that pain in my gut when I hear animal stories such as this one but I don't react that way to human stories. I have no idea why.

I know a woman who married a man who was/is a hunter for sport. We were all gathering at her house before we went to a family birthday party. They had just moved in, no furniture yet. I turned my head toward the living room where I saw a stuffed leopard, and two more stuffed cats, maybe a cheetah or panther, I can't remember. They were on dollies (a flat bed on wheels). I was in such shock and I kept poking my father in the arm, whispering - Dad?? Did you know? He didn't, he was surprised. This is not my culture. It's very difficult for me to be tolerant of shooting animals for sport.
    Icepik, Trixie, sputnik and 7 others like this.

My eyes rolled right out of my head at one of my vegetarian Petard friends who made FB posts comparing this "Cecil was brutally murdered by humans, he wasn't bothering anybody." to a pic of a cute cow with the same caption. Fuck off, 1) NOT the same thing and 2) that is not going to convince people not to eat meat.
    tulip likes this.

Repulsive Repug Ted Nugent adds his two cents, source Daily Mail:

Ted Nugent hits out at 'stupid' Cecil the lion protesters, saying hunting of Africa's favorite big cat was 'legal & ESSENTIAL'

• Nugent, a hunter and gun activist, defended Walter Palmer from outrage
    • Said protesters were 'stupid' for objecting to death of Zimbabwean lion
    • Thousands have called out Palmer for killing lion on expedition
    • Police in Bloomington, Minnesota, say they are investigating threats against him

Ted Nugent has attacked outraged protesters complaining about the death of Cecil the Zimbabwean lion, saying people who are upset over its death are 'stupid'.

The singer, hunter and gun activist instead defended Walter Palmer, the Minnesota dentist who paid $50,000 to kill Cecil on a lavish hunting expedition.

Nugent, 66, said that killing animals such as Cecil is 'essential' to control the environment and stop it being overrun with deadly beasts.

He seemed dismayed at the public outraged which has surrounded Palmer's kill and led him to close down his surgery, declaring 'God, are people stupid' when asked about the furore.

Nugent, who has fronted several reality TV shows about hunting, and is a board member of the NRA, seemed strongly on the side of Palmer, unconcerned that he reportedly lured Cecil out of a protected national park area in Zimbabwe so that it would be legal to shoot him dead.

The majestic beast, who was 13 years old, was a celebrity at the Hwange National Park, and thousands have rallied to criticize Palmer for his actions.

He was asked about the controversy by a fan on his Facebook page, who said: 'What is [sic] your thoughts on Cecil the Lion and Walter Palmer Ted?'

In reply, Nugent said: 'the whole story is a lie' - seemingly a reference to how the facts have been presented in the media.

He continued: 'It was a wild lion from a "park" where hunting is legal & ESSENTIAL beyond the park borders. all animals reproduce every year & would run out of room/food to live w/o [without] hunting.'

'I will write a full piece on this joke asap. God are people stupid.'

Meanwhile Palmer has closed his office in Minneapolis and has publicly apologized for killing Cecil in particular - though he seems unrepentant about hunting in general.

He has been pictured posing with other quarry including a rhino, a leopard, a deer and a bison, as well as a different lion.

Police in Minnesota are investigating reports of a threat against Palmer, who has drawn the ire of thousands online.

As of Tuesday, Palmer had temporarily closed his office, River Bluff Dental, in Bloomington, Minnesota, amid wishes for his death and widespread criticism of his hunting on social media and under business reviews on Google and Yelp.

Bloomington Police have stepped up patrols around the office are investigating a phoned-in threat, Deputy Chief Mike Hartley said.

He said: 'A terroristic threats report related to this incident was taken by our police department yesterday and will be investigated like any other similar offense report.'

The Minneapolis-based Animal Rights Coalition carried out a protest at the office Wednesday, where a small memorial of stuffed animals was placed at the building entrance.

Palmer, who has not been charged, has been under official scrutiny for his hunting in the past. He pleaded guilty in 2008 to lying to a U.S. Fish & Wildlife agent about a black bear hunt in Wisconsin two years earlier.

He had faced federal charges of killing a bear outside his permitted zone and then hauling it back 40 miles inside to register it with authorities.

U.S. Representative Betty McCollum, a Minnesota Democrat, has asked prosecutors and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to investigate whether any U.S. laws were violated in the lion's killing.

'We are currently gathering facts about the issue and will assist Zimbabwe officials in whatever manner requested,' said Vanessa Kauffman, a spokeswoman for Fish and Wildlife.

'It is up to all of us - not just the people of Africa - to ensure that healthy, wild populations of animals continue to roam the savanna for generations to come.'

Palmer said in his statement he had not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or the United States and would assist in any inquiries. A spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office in Minnesota declined to comment.

The attorney who represented Palmer in his Wisconsin case could not be reached immediately for comment.

A professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst, pleaded not guilty in a Zimbabwean court on Wednesday to a charge of 'failing to supervise, control and take reasonable steps to prevent an unlawful hunt' when Palmer killed Cecil.

If found guilty, Bronkhorst could be fined $20,000 and possibly jailed for up to 10 years.

The Pope & Young Club, a Minnesota-based bowhunting and conservation organization that includes Palmer among its members, said on Wednesday it was looking into the hunt, though it focuses only on North American big game.

The club said its ethical code calls for fair chase of animals, which does not allow the hunter an unfair advantage, and does not condone violations of that code.

Change.org had at least half a dozen petitions on Wednesday ranging from calls for Palmer's extradition to appeals for U.S. President Barack Obama to help create laws to protect big game animals and Minnesota to revoke Palmer's dentistry license.

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

This whole story disgusts me. That lion was a beautiful/powerful creature. I can't understand what would drive a human being to do something like this. He deserves the all scrutiny that comes his way.

That said, this lynch mob mentality scares me. It's one thing to have your "crime" (only in quotes because of the discrepancies in what I've read) broadcast over a news program. It's all-together different to have people descend upon your house, your business, and to have people threaten bodily violence. We are quickly moving to a society that believes immediate justice is deserved after being tried in a social media court.
    stef, tulip and Nevan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    My eyes rolled right out of my head at one of my vegetarian Petard friends who made FB posts comparing this "Cecil was brutally murdered by humans, he wasn't bothering anybody." to a pic of a cute cow with the same caption. Fuck off, 1) NOT the same thing and 2) that is not going to convince people not to eat meat.
    People are so fucking stupid. I heard the same argument when opposing a deer cull in my town. Ummm it has nothing to do with being a meat-eater or not, maybe I just don't support people baiting deer with apples so they can sit in tree stands with high-powered rifles and shoot them in residential backyards, or across the street from where my neighbor's kids are waiting for the school bus.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I'm still waiting for Nugent to kill himself as promised.

2012 "Because I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. Why are you laughing? Do you think that's funny? That's not funny at all. I'm serious as a heart attack." http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ins-i-will-be/

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm still waiting for Nugent to kill himself as promised.

2012 "Because I'll tell you this right now: If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. Why are you laughing? Do you think that's funny? That's not funny at all. I'm serious as a heart attack." In Context: Ted Nugent saying if Obama wins, 'I will either be dead or in jail' | PolitiFact
    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Ted Nugent is one of the scummiest scums to ever walk the earth. Besides murdering every poor animal he comes across, often illegally, he is also a racist, misogynistic, and just all around disgusting and vile. He is too much of a coward to off himself, but I am truly surprised no one has killed him yet.
    Mivvi21 and Nevan like this.

Not to mention his issues with underage girls.
    Beeyotch likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^True, the list of his misdeeds is so long, forgot about that. Oh, and add shitty music to his crimes as well.
    sputnik likes this.

I'm really surprised at Ted - these two look practically related:

Elite Member

Nugent's arguments are ridiculous. There is absolutely NO lion overpopulation in Africa. No reason to kill them whatsoever.

Anytime I read something he has said, it makes me irrationally angry.
    ConstanceSpry likes this.

Elite Member

Betty White Wants to Do Some Unspeakable Things to the Dentist Who Killed Cecil the Lion

Betty White Wants to Do Unspeakable Things to Cecil the Lion's Killer | Complex

By Trace William Cowen

Video via Complex News

This is not the best week to share a name with Walter Palmer, the part-time dentist / full-time asshole and confirmed killer of Zimbabwe's much-beloved Cecil the Lion.
    In case the continued saga of Meek Mill vs. Drake has (understandably) dominated your timeline, let's turn to the New York Times for the murder summary:

"According to the Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force, the lion was shot with a crossbow after he was lured out of the sanctuary, following the scent of food. Cecil, well known to those who visited Hwange National Park in western Zimbabwe for his jet black mane, was only injured by the arrow. The hunters tracked him for about two days before he was killed with a gun, conservation officials said. He was beheaded and skinned, his corpse left to rot."

Almost immediately upon news of Cecil's murder, the internet swarmed the Yelp page of Palmer's dental practice with various photos of his long and disturbing affinity for brutally murdering animals for sport. Palmer eventually closed his dental offices and remains — as of Thursday — nowhere to be found. Serving as the proverbial cherry atop Palmer's mountain of assholery? He reportedly paid out more than $100,000 in a sexual harassment case back in 2005.

Through it all, one of our nation's greatest voices has remained silent — until now. Speaking to The Associated Press on Thursday, Golden Girl Betty White — a longtime advocate for the advancement of animal rights — expressed anger and disbelief regarding the curious case of Walter Palmer. "You don't want to hear some of the things I want to do to that man," says White. "It's such a heartbreaker. You can't even talk about it, and to see this king of the jungle and personifying it in every way, this gorgeous creature. How can somebody do that?"

Protect Betty White at all costs.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information