Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite animal?

I love kitty cats. I have two of my own whom I adore. I'm also intrigued by wilder felines like lions, tigers, and leopards. I thought I was the only one who loved turtles. I like seeing the huge Galapagos tortoises at the zoo, and I have seen a few turtles in my neighborhood. One night I was driving at least 30 or 40 mph in my car, and this turtle tottered across the road. I slammed my brakes because I didn't want to hit him. The turtle tottered on, unfazed. I don't think he even realized his life was briefly in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Dogs. I think I react to a puppy or dog the way most people do to a cute baby.
    Yea me too, I go pretty soppy

Elite Member

i love all animals, but when it comes to pets i would like to own, i just want two dogs i think. dogs are v. special in how they are affectionate w/ people.

I love them all too, but cats are the best for me. Cats have been my family since I was a little cat girl of 3 years old. I also really love dogs, and lizards are very special to me. I also take turtles out of the road!
    Scared of big fat black spiders though, even hard to type those words
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Elite Member

^^
    somehow i do not finds cats as trustworthy as dogs..they are rather into their own thing and kind of fishy.
    i guess i find dogs kind of more loyal and affectionate sometimes.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

See, this is nearly impossible for me to sort out. I have 7 pets: 4 cats, 2 dogs, and a ball python. I had a pair of ferrets who lived to age 7 and died a few years ago from cancer. I had nursed them both for years w/meds and surgeries. When I was young I'd have hermit crabs and hamsters and had a small turtle whose toenails I used to paint bright pink (his name was Cinnamon Carmichael). I'm one of the oddballs who loves rodents, reptiles, farm animals, cats (wild and domestic), dogs, and just about everything. I don't want harm to come to any animal. I like exotic pets and I think newborn/baby alligators are just about the cutest things ever. I live for animal planet. When I was little all I ever wanted when I grew up was a big, beautiful house full of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    ^^
    somehow i do not finds cats as trustworthy as dogs..they are rather into their own thing and kind of fishy.
    i guess i find dogs kind of more loyal and affectionate sometimes.
    Dogs are almost too affectionate for me. Cats give you personal space. Also dogs stink and you have to take them to the groomer so they'll look decent. They can be sweet, but they require so much maintenance.

Gold Member

I love all animals but meerkats for some reason crack me up the way they stand on two feet and keep watch. I have two dogs and a cat and all three are equally affectionate. The other night I let my bigger dog sleep in bed with me. Usually I don't because she hogs up the bed. So she slept wedged in between my husband and I on top of the covers using my feet as a pillow. My small dog was curled up into a ball under the covers behind my knees and my cat slept right next to my face purring everytime I openend my eyes. Of course I had the worse night sleep because I couldn't move but they all slept comfortably
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

This is rsautens daughter...i just first want to say that i LOVE dogs and they are ALWAYS going to be my favorite animal. Ever since my doggy passed away i have wanted to help all dogs..like one time i saw these people on the street and they had some dogs and a car was coming and the girl picked one of the dogs up by the coller and held him like that for a while. OH MY GOSH!!!! it is soo sad to see a dog getting tortured.

But...thats my favorite animal.
    -Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rsauten View Post
    This is rsautens daughter...i just first want to say that i LOVE dogs and they are ALWAYS going to be my favorite animal. Ever since my doggy passed away i have wanted to help all dogs..like one time i saw these people on the street and they had some dogs and a car was coming and the girl picked one of the dogs up by the coller and held him like that for a while. OH MY GOSH!!!! it is soo sad to see a dog getting tortured.

But...thats my favorite animal.
    -Thanks.
    Some people are so cruel, they deserve a taste of their own medicine!

That puppy pic is adorable!!!!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    Dogs are almost too affectionate for me. Cats give you personal space. Also dogs stink and you have to take them to the groomer so they'll look decent. They can be sweet, but they require so much maintenance.
    lol i know what you mean, they are high maintenancwe..but i love it!!
    i am extremeley affectionate as a person which is probably why i like dogs so much

Dogs are starting to grow on me, though. I would like to add a pug or bulldog to my menagerie someday. I am worried about the housetraining issue. I am so used to litter boxes.

Elite Member

i would never like to own any wild animals, i think they should be left to live free in the wild..but i do find elephants and giraffes to be quite amazing looking,.
    giraffe have very nice eyes especially..

hmmm i love rats (domestic ones!!) but i absolutely adore dogs, elephants, kangaroos, otters and i love penguins. My list is never ending... i love animals!!
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Crumpet - it sounds like you've got a zoo!

I love pandas and persian cats. Some people think persians are too aloof, but I love their personalities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information