Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Is this the world's fattest cat? Sponge Bob tips the scales at a massive 33 POUNDS...

Florida Keys

How cute Lynnie!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida

My parents cat was chubette, because everytime the cat would say "meww" my Dad would hop up and feed her! No amout of talk could convince him that was not healthy.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

just another freak in the freak kingdom

Aw, I love your huuuge kitty, Lynnie! (and your little girl is adorable too!) What a sweet pair...
    McJag likes this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Poor cat...

Oh and her belly was JUST shaved!

She's our Sweetie.....we just love her. Thanks everyone.

And I swear I'm done in the thread.

I hope Sponge Bob finds a loving home---or at least the shelter keeps him as their own and loves him. Big kitties need love too!

England (The Shire - AKA Norfolk)

Looks like we may have a contender for 'Worlds Fattest Cat':

Source: Now THAT'S a fat cat! Puss named after lazy comic strip feline Garfield takes title of world's biggest | Mail Online

Now THAT'S a fat cat! Puss named after lazy comic strip feline Garfield is biggest in the world at nearly 40lbs

Just days ago, a ginger Tom named Sponge Bob was labelled the world fattest cat, weighing in at an unbelievable 33lb.
    Now another overweight puss has claimed the dubious honour, with New York-dwelling Garfield tipping the scales at nearly 40lbs.
    Garfield loves nothing better than lying around and eating whatever food he can find - exactly like his lazy cartoon character namesake.

The full-figured feline was brought into North Shore Animal League of America in Port Washington, Long Island, after his owner died.
    Staff put him on a low-calorie diet, cutting out all dry food in an effort to emulate Sponge Bob's success in losing 3lbs just a few months.

They hope Garfield can lose around 2lbs a month, and are looking for a new owner who is committed to helping him become healthy and active.
    North Shore veterinarian Gerard Leheney said: 'This is the fattest cat I have ever seen. My first reaction was astonishment.'
    Garfield is relatively healthy but finds it difficult to move because his weight is putting strain on his hips.

The shelter has warned that obesity in cats is extremely risky and can lead to diabetes, heart disease, joint, bone and ligament damage, high blood pressure and intolerance to heat.
    Staff are trying to make 39.75lb Garfield more active by encouraging him to play with toys and a ball, and by picking him up and putting him down somewhere else, so he has to walk back to his original spot.
    Garfield will soon be given over to a foster carer, while staff attempt to trace any next of kin to his former owner.
    If no-one is found, he will be put up for adoption and given to a loving family who can spend time playing with him in their home, and keeping him on a low-calorie diet.

In the "D"

It is NOT healthy for these cats to be at these weights. Dang, people.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

In Finland

snuggly cat
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

fellow traveller

i know it's not healthy but i love fat cats! so cute i just want to hug them and squeeze their pudge.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Raccoon City

II am not sure what kind of cat I have since she was a foundling, but everyone tells me "wow she's SO FAT" - I tell them, no, SHE'S FLUFFY!

To prove my point, I get her shaved down during the summer months:

Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information