Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Woman Killed By Her Own Bull Mastiff

I was attacked by a cat before, and I grew up with pits.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I had a pit and he was the sweetest dog that ever lived. If a dog is raised to fight and treated like shit no doubt it will attack and lots of pits are raised this way. Any dog can attack but I hate the reputation pits have because it is really not through any fault of their own.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Cesar Milan was right when he said:

SHELLEE, gas_chick, laynes and 3 others like this.

I need to stop reading these threads; some of the responses make my blood pressure sky-rocket.

OK, I didn't mean to offend any pitbull owners here. I apologize. Yes, it is possible a fight started between the Mastiff and the Boxer. But every story I have heard about fights between dogs, if there was a pitbull involved, it would get more protective and defensive in protecting it's territory before the other breeds that happened to be involved, or around, did. It's like the other dogs followed the pitbulls lead. They are definitely the "Alpha" dog.

ALL dogs can get territorial no matter what their breed. I've seen chihuahuas attack like a maniac before.

Frankly, if I was jogging alone at night, I'd want a pitbull by my side.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I was attacked by a cat before, and I grew up with pits.
    Those must have been some DEEP claw marks....
    Bluebonnet, Ravenna and eva like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    OK, I didn't mean to offend any pitbull owners here. I apologize. Yes, it is possible a fight started between the Mastiff and the Boxer. But every story I have heard about fights between dogs, if there was a pitbull involved, it would get more protective and defensive in protecting it's territory before the other breeds that happened to be involved, or around, did. It's like the other dogs followed the pitbulls lead. They are definitely the "Alpha" dog.

ALL dogs can get territorial no matter what their breed. I've seen chihuahuas attack like a maniac before.

Frankly, if I was jogging alone at night, I'd want a pitbull by my side.
    Hey you didn't offend me! You didn't even say anything offensive. I know all dogs and now cats can have it in them to attack. I was saying that it's ironic that I grew up with pits (don't have them now) and of all things, I get attacked by a cat. I do have cats too btw.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Hey you didn't offend me! You didn't even say anything offensive. I know all dogs and now cats can have it in them to attack. I was saying that it's ironic that I grew up with pits (don't have them now) and of all things, I get attacked by a cat. I do have cats too btw.
    Oh good. It was just a general apology because I went back and read how I worded it and it came across (to me anyway) like I was blaming the Pit for provoking the Mastiff.

I have a relative who has a female pit and that dog is the SWEETEST thing ever. She thinks she's a baby and crawls in everyone's laps, even though she's 85 pounds. LOL!

Okay, hold the phone here... One week? A full grown 140#er?? One Week??? That jumped out at me.

I get as pissed as the next dog lover that some breeds are unfairly maligned, BUT.... As the owner of several large dogs in my lifetime (currently a 100+ lb Rottweiller), I will admit that if I'm gonna have a dog this size...living in my house...it will be one I have had since a pup and raised myself.

Ultimately, this is an animal. And who the fuck knows what it has been through before you got it if it's already grown.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post

and, of course, any dog has the ability to attack. a beagle? i can pry off my kid. a pit bull? nope. those jaws are insanely powerful.

I quoted this because it is the crux of the matter for me. I don't want to offend or upset anyone over this issue - and I agree that any breed of dog can attack. An "aunt" had a chihuahua that scared the hell out of me; he was that aggressive if you went near him. But when I used to walk my furbaby (maltese/shitzu cross) on the foreshore and old people were walking their malteses and other little furbabies without leashes (it's a leash-compulsory zone) I wasn't bothered. But the bogans walking their pitts and other debated breeds without leashes? I wanted to shoot them (the owners). Because I could protect my dog from another maltese... but even parents in the same room as their children have been unable to save their kids when the larger breeds attack (Ayen Chol attack in Melbourne).

If other people want to keep those breeds, fine. So long as they don't walk them leashless or keep the dog in a poorly fenced yard. But I admit that as soon as I see some arsehole walking a pitt (and once it was a Rotty) without a leash at the local foreshore (lots of kids' playgrounds/swings; old people) I get stressed out. Because a chihuahua is a bb gun, and a pitt is a sawed-off shot gun, when the leashless dog attacks. IMO.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

I do love bull mastiffs but I also won't have any large dog around kids or other small dogs. They make me nervous. There sheer size alone scares me. If a maltese were to attack me or my child I might have a chance but I would be screwed if a bull mastiff had a go at me or my child.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I remember reading (source long ago forgotten) that smaller dogs actually bite more. However, they have a harder time to even pierce skin, whereas larger breed dogs--even on the rarer occasions that they bite--can go straight through muscle and perhaps even bone.
    If being cunty is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

*sigh* Figures; after the stupid, self-righteous, indignant rant I posted *cringes*

Family's pet Jack Russell kills eight-day-old baby
    Andy Dolan and Liz Hull
    Daily Mail
    November 22, 20127:02AM

AN eight-day-old baby has died after being attacked by his family's pet terrier.

Harry Harper is understood to have suffered a crushed skull after being bitten just once by the Jack Russell cross.

The animal has since been destroyed, The Daily Mail reports.

It was unclear which family members were in the room at the time of the incident.

Neighbours said the child’s mother, Mikayla Bell, ran out of the house screaming "my baby, my baby", following the tragedy on Tuesday.

The pet, named as PJ by residents, was one of two dogs kept at the three-bedroom home in Ketley, Shropshire, where Miss Bell lived with her own parents and younger siblings.

Just over a fortnight before giving birth, Miss Bell, 19, had tweeted how the dog had ripped the eye off one of the family’s soft toys.

Police say Harry’s death appeared to be a "tragic accident".

Officers are examining the possibility that the dog may have attacked the infant after becoming jealous at his introduction to what the animal considered to be its territory.

Jack Russell breeders and an animal behaviour expert agreed the dogs could be both possessive of their existing family unit and jealous of new additions to the family.

One neighbour said at least one of the two dogs kept by the family was ‘very vicious’.

Nigel Pitchford said: "I know one of the dogs is very vicious. I tried to post a Christmas card through the letter box last year and it went for my hand as I posted it through. It was only small but a vicious little thing."

Jack Russell breeder Angela McKenzie said the breed could become possessive of toys, family members or other pets in their environment.

"They may happily live with a cat, but go after other cats in the neighbourhood, the same with children," she said.

Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene of the tragedy just after 8am on Tuesday.

Harry was taken to The Princess Royal Hospital in Telford, Shropshire, but was pronounced dead shortly after being admitted.

A post mortem examination to establish the exact cause of death was due to take place overnight.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Jamieson, of West Mercia Police, said: "Our investigation is ongoing but it appears that the baby died as a result of a dog bite."

Read more at The Daily Mail
    source: Family's pet Jack Russell kills eight-day-old baby | Perth Now
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Cesar Milan was right when he said:

^^This.

I have a 100 lb German Shepherd, a GS/Husky mix, and a Pit Mix. NONE of them would hurt a fly in my opinion. The Shepherds are very loyal but generally aloof and stick to each other. The Pit is the neediest, sweetest and gentlest one. I had them all trained at a young age and still don't "assume" that something might not set them off. In the end, they are animals..and as their owner, I know I have to be responsible for them.
    Seapharris7 likes this.

Sometimes you get a good dog out of a badly labeled breed (Pittys/Shepards/Terriers, etc) & sometimes you get a bad day from a "good" breed (Golden Retrievers, Setters, etc.)
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information