Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf spiders with babies

No babies, just one lone guy sittin' there waiting to be smooshed. So I did. Now, I'm usually one of those humanitarian types that tries to catch something and release it - live and let live - but when I find something THISBIG in my shower that has lotza legs and is hairy, it has to go by the most convenient method - my shoe. Made my heart stop for a sec!

I am the biggest spider freak out ever, but even I think wolf spiders are cool (from a respectable distance). They are, I believe, found in the whole of the continental states (as well as other countries) and of course, the farther south, the bigger they are. We had one crawling on our curtain (we live in Jersey) a few years ago that I shit you not was the size of my entire hand, fingers included. DH beat the living shit out of the thing with a boot before it finally died. They can be enormous. And they are the ONLY spider that takes an active interest in parenting their young after they're born (hence the babies hanging on the back). We usually spray around our house every year for spiders (DH has a life threatening allergy to spider bites), but the wolf spiders seem to be immune. I had one on my shoulder once that was the EXACT color of my hair and my sister saw it and I FREAKED ... DH ran over and tried to swat it off me before trying to stomp it to death (instead of stomping it to death on my arm LOL) and the focker actually reared up on it's back legs when it saw him approach. Like I said, I hate spiders, but wolf spiders are interesting ... as long as they're not in my hair. I've seen many of them around my house but I've never seen one in real life carrying babies, just pictures.

That was kinda cool, but I certainly wouldn't be holding the spider...Must suck to be at the bottom of that pile though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

FUCK... THAT.. SHIT! I'm not sleeping tonight, thanks.

That makes me feel all creepy-crawly. I hate spiders.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

I don't mind spiders but I wouldn't hold that.

I like the mama wolf's eyes.

It's like peeking into Nadya Suleiman's living room.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I am the biggest spider freak out ever, but even I think wolf spiders are cool (from a respectable distance). They are, I believe, found in the whole of the continental states (as well as other countries) and of course, the farther south, the bigger they are. We had one crawling on our curtain (we live in Jersey) a few years ago that I shit you not was the size of my entire hand, fingers included. DH beat the living shit out of the thing with a boot before it finally died. They can be enormous. And they are the ONLY spider that takes an active interest in parenting their young after they're born (hence the babies hanging on the back). We usually spray around our house every year for spiders (DH has a life threatening allergy to spider bites), but the wolf spiders seem to be immune. I had one on my shoulder once that was the EXACT color of my hair and my sister saw it and I FREAKED ... DH ran over and tried to swat it off me before trying to stomp it to death (instead of stomping it to death on my arm LOL) and the focker actually reared up on it's back legs when it saw him approach. Like I said, I hate spiders, but wolf spiders are interesting ... as long as they're not in my hair. I've seen many of them around my house but I've never seen one in real life carrying babies, just pictures.
    Oh god I'm so sick to my stomach. I am the biggest scardo when it comes to (I don't even like to say their name) spiders. I can't imagine having to beat one to death.. and reared up (pass out) ew ew crawlies baaaaaad.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It's like peeking into Nadya Suleiman's living room.
    lmao!!!!!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    I don't mind spiders but I wouldn't hold that.

I like the mama wolf's eyes.
    Then you'll be happy to know they have 8 eyes. They can see you coming and going.

I thought that sucker had some eyes on it. I just showed the other girls here and we were all screaming! lol
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information