Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why does my cat come to the bathroom with me??

Olivia - your cat is gorgeous!

I have more cats than I'd like to admit but many of them love to follow me into the bathroom. Our bathroom is a large walk-in with lots of room, with a smaller room for the toilet. One of my cats loves to follow me into the smaller room and sit on the back of the toilet. This is a bit much for me and I remove her. I need my privacy.

Another cat loves to bolt into the shower as soon as I step out. It's like a game to see if I can close the glass door before she gets in. What is it with cats and water?

....here is the secret that you humans haven't figured out yet....they want to use the toilet....

Mingus: Charles Mingus Cat Toilet Training Program

Silver Member

Cool

she may have a separtion issues with the door being closed and the length of time that you spend in the bathroom

my cat has separtion issues

bathrooms can be busy places and many cats love to be the action is in morning

people talking, doors closing and opening

Beautiful cat Olivia!

My cat has always done the same thing, even when he was a kitten.

I keep the crunchie cat food in the bathroom, and he hangs out just in case he might get fed, but the last place I lived at did not have the food in the bathroom..... so I don't know why? I just think they like to know what you do in there!
    beauty is only skin deep (where's the scalpel?)

Daisy is stunning! What a mushy girl.

Mine loved to sit on the sink looking like an Egyptian cat and stare. It's what they do.

He'd climb to the top of a bookcase at 8 pm, stare at me watching tv for hours, with the last hour trying to figure out how he was going to get down by himself.

My sister's cat was in love with the dishwasher. It was his greatest joy in life-he thought she ran it just for him!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I long for the day when I have a bedroom that is large enough to fit in a king sized bed. I have the smallest bedroom in our house (more like a closet, really...) and can only fit a single bed in. I always wake up clinging to the edge of the mattress after the fur-demons have taken over during the night and are sprawled out in comfort while I have developed a crick in pretty much every joint I have. I also long for the day when I'll buy them their very own super comfortable cat beds and they'll actually bloody sleep in them instead of ignoring them....

^^Lol, I feel your pain! I don't happen to have a cat that sleeps with me, she comes up for a few strokes, then feels the need to split.

Thanks for all the cat compliments! I must say, everyone she meets says the same thing. But they don't know what a shit she is!

What a gorgeous cat, Olivia! Is she a Maine Coon?
    Well, she's tortoise on top and calico on the bottom . . . long hair. Her bottom half is much prettier!

Haha my dog doesn't follow me in she sniffs at the door, and claws sometimes...or even moans..the one that always follows me is the bird...I think he doesn't know he has wings..and he'll run in there right before I close the door..and just walk around mumbling to himself...

Daisy is gorgeous!
    Petunia and our cat, Simon, follow me everywhere, too! I can't even use the bathroom in private!

Petunia Pearl

My dog has to come in the bathroom with me too. If I shut the door he'll try to push it open. He also stares at the shower curtain when I shower. If I'm at home I have a glass shower door he will just sit there and watch me. Kinda creepy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information