Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When Good Dogs Go BAD!!!

A*O

Default Re: When Good Dogs Go BAD!!!

Dogs can instantly pick up on humans who are afraid of them - it's all in the body language, scent, etc. My theory is that in that situation the dog's natural instinct is to try and 'dominate' the 'weaker' animal (human) which is why they make a beeline for the fearful human and fuss around them, although not necessarily attacking.

There's a stupid woman who is clearly terrified of dogs but who insists on taking her morning walk across our local off-leash dog park and of course she is always surrounded by dogs sniffing and fussing around her. She squeals and covers her head with her hands (weird stuff) so of course the dogs take even more interest. She was screaming at the owners to 'get them off, get them off' and someone politely suggested that she might like to chose from any number of other local parks where dogs are not allowed at all but she couldn't see the logic.

Another example is an over-protective mother who takes her 3yr old to the same park and whenever a dog comes within 50ft she scoops the kid up and starts making a fuss. Of course, the more noise she makes the more interested the dogs become and she's doing a great job in teaching her kid to be scared of dogs too. Take the kid to another bloody park you moron!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I completely trust my animals. I know they aren't going to attack for no reason.
    I completely trust Chesney 100% I could do anything to him, take his toys, food, put my face right next to his and he just licks me! He's really soft.

I couldn't trust Snoops though, he was pretty snappy when he was younger because me and my brother use to irritate him by trying to take his toys or moving his food while he was eating, he bit me and my brother tons of times but my Mum said it was because we were annoying him. But I guess if you've got kids you should have a dog that can take a bit of shit! Snoops is fine now, mainly because he can't see if someone is taking his toys!! Bless him!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    he was pretty snappy when he was younger because me and my brother use to irritate him by trying to take his toys or moving his food while he was eating, he bit me and my brother tons of times but my Mum said it was because we were annoying him. But I guess if you've got kids you should have a dog that can take a bit of shit!
    Well dur.
    Kids must learn to respect their pets and not deliberately torment them. Expecting a dog to 'take a bit of shit' from kids is just asking for trouble because when you back a dog into a corner they will usually revert to instict, ie, snap back.
    Dame Edna Everage

Silver Member

I was seriously bitten by a dog we had; dog was of an extremely nervous disposition, had bitten people a number of times without too much effect, and then went for my face. I was 5 and literally did nothing to provoke him. We returned him to the RSPCA, and got another dog a few months later.

I think Raj was probably warning your boyfriend and not being listened to. We've had two large black dogs, an Alsatian Labrador cross called Rupe, he died when I was 6 months old, and a Lab Greyhound cross called Sooty. Strange thing was they both had their problems; Sooty would fight with other male dogs, being male and attacked by an alpha male when he was a puppy, and Rupe was a big bastard, amazing guard dog; yet both were the stupidest, fluffiest idiots you'd ever meet *and* with a sense of humour each.

The moral of the story? Don't put Raj down, but be wary of sarcastic dogs. It never looks good having your own dog essentially mock you

(NO I'm not drunk and i'm not tripping )

Trying to teach a 2 year old not to annoy a pet isn't easy, he was my baby and I loved him, I thought I could play with him like I did with my dolls, I wasn't old enough to understand that I was hurting or annoying him.

Oh and I thought I'd made it clear that Raj isn't being put down!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry

I have a German Shepherd, and in 11 days he is going in for the snip. He's great around people he knows but is way too over protective around us. I have to be honest and say I don't trust him around strangers, he's large and boisterous. I don't agree with that behavior full stop and would hate people to think I train him to be that way. I would much rather have a dog with no fluffy balls than to have no dog at all.

Having met Raj before I know it's not in his character to bite. He's very docile.

A*O

I had my two dogs desexed when they were puppies. I don't know if it made any difference to their temperaments because I have nothing to compare it to, but I suspect they are much more even tempered as a result. Unless you want to breed your dog then I see no point in keeping them 'in tact' anyway. And too many people breed their dogs hoping to produce a replica of a much-loved adult dog. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way - just like with kids!!
    Dame Edna Everage

I got Chesney castrated when he was about 8 months old. Not that he was snappy he was just extremely horny, to a disgusting degree! It was scary, he'd get so violently randy with his toy cat I actually felt sorry for the poor stuffed thing!

A*O

My two boys sometimes hump random objects even now (or each other!). It's a dominance thing but in the end I am the Top Bitch so no worries.
    Dame Edna Everage

^^ Do they have special objects in particular?

My Jake has a special blanket that he tugs into the room so we can all watch him. He hates to leave us out. Thinking about it it needs another wash

A*O

Yes, they love making out on MrAO's pillow (shhhhhhhh don't tell him) Told you I was a bitch.
    Dame Edna Everage

Chesney only ever humped his cat teddy, never us. Since he got done he hasn't done it since, he does sometimes position himself suggestively over the cat though, but he doesn't start humping. He also cocks his leg over your foot if you're sat down as if he wants you to start rubbing him with your feet, perverted dog!!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A*O
    Yes, they love making out on MrAO's pillow (shhhhhhhh don't tell him) Told you I was a bitch.
    Hey not just dogs will do that. I had an extremely sweet natured white dove as a pet and he was wonderful in all respects except one. He'd see a white object, pillow, stuffed animal, sneaker clad foot, pile of dirty laundry, whatever and he'd coo and bow and then violently hump the hell out of it. It was funny until it happened to you, then it was just gross and disgusting.

^^ How exactly do Dove's hump?? What do they look like? I'm sorry I know I sound like a weird perve but I'm just intrigued as I've never heard of this before!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Like all birds do, just settle over the object and press that crotch (actually with birds the sexual organs are in the butthole) and wriggle around. It was very comical, he'd hang off for dear life with his feet/wings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information