Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are your pets' names??

Default Re: What are your pets names??

I have 3 cats named Bram, Jasmine, and Aladdin
    Av by IIIcons

I have a grey American SHorthair cat, her name is Magenta , I also have a black cat named Bazooka Jane.

I also have a dog named Gromit.

Dog named Holly-Molly. Don't ask.

A Rott named Prince.

I have two black guinea-pigs named Pepper and Elmo. They're so cute!

Two cats - Speedy Tomato and Chester C. Field. Our neighbour has a little Yorkie named Esther, who is Chester's best friend. It's funny - Chester and Esther!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by Femme
    I have two black guinea-pigs named Pepper and Elmo. They're so cute!
    My doggie's name is Elmo, too

<--- see my avatar

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

4 labs at my house....Jasper is yellow, Sammy is yellow..Howie is black...and my new lil baby is black..but she has yellow brindle on her legs...and quite a few yellow spots other places..one right on the side of her face..like a beauty mark..her name is Hemi

my boyfriend has a puggy named Zorro...hes fawn colored

Murphy - Boston Terrier
    Gracie - reverse brindle Boxer
    Marlow - blue point siamese

all of which, are DYING in this bloody heat!

five cats
    Moline-orange male, was a tiny stray, very relaxed and loving, loves to be carried around. 9 years old. Grown up lanky and strong, he's our "guard cat".

Matilda-from a very sick feral litter, a sweet but nervous tuxedo tiger kitty, sleeps on my head, but panicks when I pick her up. 11 years old.

Bagheera-very calm, smart black male, inherited her from my daughter when she had her baby. 9 years old, 19 lbs. and buffed. We're so glad he's calm and gentle...and doesn't want to eat the other cats, he could, in a minute!! He's like steel.

Foible-4 year old female Japanese Bobtail from the Pound. Her person had a stroke. She talks all the time. Very smart and funny. I cannot go into the bathroom without her.

Bugsie-3 year old? Persian/Siamese? male. Very loving and calm, a stray who decided to live here. He and I are in love.

Two dogs.
    Baby-female Sheltie-16 years old. Getting blind and deaf, but still will warn us when my husband uses his nail-gun.

Kristin-female Sheltie-14 years old. Baby's daughter, not near as smart as Baby, but will love you and play with you all day.

I cannot imagine living without my beloved animals, even my animal friends who have died , I cannot imagine having lived without them...

Elite Member

Smile Pet names

helloo to gr pet owners from xoxo!

so...i am going to acquire some shelter rescues this year..i have a few names i like..just wondering..what are the names of your guys' pets? and how did you happen to choose the name? did you hang out with your pet for a little while and then the name 'came' to you based on his/her personality..?

We named our first kitty Newton (we're both nerds), and are so happy with the choice. It took a few days to come up with it and yes, we wanted to get to know him a bit first. He's grey, so we tried Pepper and stuff like that, but it didn't stick. He has a lot of 'tude.

With our next kitty we wanted to stick with the ancient natural philosopher theme, so we named him Kepler - it makes for a cute cat name. If we ever get an orange kitty, we're definitely naming him Copernicus, Copper for short. I also like the name Smithers for a cat because of an inside joke.

For dogs, I like short boy names like Jack, Mal, Jake, etc. but we don't have a dog yet as our yard really isn't big enough for one.

Be sure that you like the way the name sounds when you call it out - our cats actually do answer to their names (although many don't), so we find ourselves yelling them a fair bit. "Nooooo-ton" sounds cute when called.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Had a few cats and one dog during the course of my life, and only boring, dull names.
    Dog name: Prince
    Cats names: Snowball, Tigger and current cat Spooky

I love 'regular' names for animals. Like after my cat Spooky is gone (though I hate to think about it) I plan on getting 2 kittens, both girls and naming them George and Ringo. I love the name Louie too for a cute little dog like a Pug...
    or Vito.

You could hold a contest w/friends or coworkers (or us!) and have people contribute names when/if the time comes! Could be fun!

OCD

We currently have:

Ruby (new pug)
    Gabby (shelter dog came with the name)
    Mystery Kitty, but my daughter insists on calling her Cute Cute, I usually call her Little Minou

In the past:

Sheba (rottie)
    Butt Cat or Little Buns (Manx kitty)
    Tubby Kitty (pretty persian mix)
    Orange Floyd
    Baby Mow Mow (rhymes with ow)

We are serious nicknamers, the given names never last long because we talk to our animals so much other names evolve.

Like OCD said, given names never stick in our family either:

I've got Jasmine, who's an all black cat. We had gotten her from a shelter where her name had been Jordan, but it just didn't stick. Nickname: Fatty

We had Sonja - longhaired siamese/persian. She became "Bird" very quickly because she would chirp anytime she saw a bird.

Our latest kitties:
    Butch and Sundance. They're brothers, so I wanted to give them names that sort of meshed. Butch has stayed "Butch", but Sundance has just been shortened to "Sunny".
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information