Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Weird things your pets do

My dog loves men. It's just been me, my mum and my dog when I was growing up, so I guess she sees men as a novelty. Whenever my boyfriend or any other male comes round she harasses them and will ignore me and my mum! It can be quite embarrassing!
    She also loves cheese and will only go down the stairs on one side of the staircase. If you're on her side when she's going down the stairs she'll headbutt you out of her way!

Bronze Member

lol these stories are too cute

I woke in the middle of the night, and it felt like I was being rhythmically kicked in the head by a weird being. It was my cat Toby. He was sleeping on my pillow, and was having a kitty dream, frantically working his legs. "Toby, stop it!"I said.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    one of my mom's dogs is very fond of avocado slices (there are huge avocado trees in the backyard) and also orange slices...she eats them very daintily lol
    My friend had a neighbor whose dog was getting a little on the rotund side. They could figure out why, until they realized that she was eating all of the avocados from the trees in the backyard during the day She was smart enough to just eat the inside and avoid the pit. Funny dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

My parrot's companion bird, a little blue parekeet, died this morning. I went to remove the body and Gitta got upset, stood on his body and refused to allow me to take him. She finally let me take him from the cage but not for a long time..

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    My parrot's companion bird, a little blue parekeet, died this morning. I went to remove the body and Gitta got upset, stood on his body and refused to allow me to take him. She finally let me take him from the cage but not for a long time..
    OH UG! I am so sorry. Mine has a wooden barbell that he thinks is his best friend. He stands over it and talks to it & rolls it around. Patrick is too self centered for a companion bird-that plus male!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

That reminds me-my sister once found a white & blue parakeet in our front yard. We loved him-he would fly straight back to my room in the morning & sit on my big toe chirping loudly until I got up. He bathed in a champagne glass-we would hold it while he dipped each portion in,finally going all in! He was with us 13 years and when he died our world stopped. We buried him in a beautiful wooden box with a delicate etching on it-his favorite little toys with him. Skip ahead 5 years & the phone men laying new cable in the back yard came up to the door. Mother noticed they were having a hard time keeping a straight face. They handed her his box & she said she knew they had peeked-there was Birdy with all his toys inside! We still laugh about it-that bird could be funny even after death!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Both of my cats have odd habits, but the Siamese has the most. He does not lay on laps or like to be picked up, but he will come into bed with me on rare occasions and lie under the sheets, but only if my legs are bent. He makes a little nest for himself under them and will sleep quite happily. Of course, he is tres irritated if I should dare move in the slightest. On the rare occasions that we forget to shut the bedroom door, he will start roaming around about 5 a.m. trying to get our attention. If standing on our heads meowing loudly doesn't work he goes on a methodical campaign of balancing on the radio until he turns it on, knocks the cordless phones (both of them) off their stands and his piece de resistance and something I've never seen any other cat do, he claws at an antique picture I have hanging on the wall. It has small birds flying in formation and he's nearly brought it down a few times. Maybe he thinks they're insects, because sometimes he will go after it during the day, too. He also occasionally gets his head stuck in a Kleenex box and is furious when we try to remove it.

He is also obsessed with wires. He knows that going behind the TV is bad (same with the pic), and he will do it anyway. Only a spray bottle filled with lemon water deters him, and not always then. He's quite a comedian, our Bryn.

The other cat will eat anything -- former stray -- and more than once we've caught him eating the corn litter when we change the box. He also pounces on laps the second you sit down and turns into an impossible-to-move lump.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

He also occasionally gets his head stuck in a Kleenex box and is furious when we try to remove it.
    You need to take some pics next time he does this!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I have some, but I've forgotten how to post them!

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    That is so sad What do you do? Do you have to get her another companion? This is really just the sadest thing to me. I'm sorry to hear this...

I don't think I'm going to get another companion bird for her. I only got the parakeet because I started working outside of the home again and I felt guilty leaving her for hours on her own. About two weeks ago a friend gave me her young cockatiel pair, they are about 2 years old, hand tamed and very sweet. This morning after I got the body away and buried I moved their cage right next to Gitta's and she's happy to have buddies nearby. She keeps trying to get in their cage with them now.

I didn't know they formed such rich relationships with other birds. Poor Gitta. At least she has some new neighbors to get to know

Gitta is a Sun Conure (sp), right? Our local mom and pop pet shop has one that is just a baby. She's not quite 2 and she's a real character. She's the owner's bird and I just love her.

Ha ha... when I was younger I managed to train our family cat to tip over drinking glasses by placing her ball inside and making her tip it over to get it out. Ever since then, if you leave a drinking glass anywhere in her reach, she will tip it over whether it's full of liquid or not. My parents founf the trick amusing at first, now they curse me for it, especially since I moved out and they still walk around finding tipped over glasses on the coffee tables. I still can't help but laugh.

one of my cats is obsessed with straws and the tops to two liter soda bottles. If she sees that you have a drink from somewhere that has a straw in it she will bite the straw and pull it out of the drink to play with. Chases it for hours.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information