Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird things your pets do

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Hello~ just thought I'd add that Elmo likes to find a new place to nap every now and then and the newest spot is my box of yarn. It's not all that comfy on it cuz I have other items in the box like my crochet books and hooks. So I've thrown a pillow on top of it and he's having a snooze.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Aww...cute. Elmo has you in the palm of his paws.

My fiesty tabby boy cat, now gone for many years, was a trip.

He liked to walk on the kitchen counters because he liked to be equal in height to me.

He'd have his dinner, jump on the counter, and give himself a bath for 45 minutes. Then he'd sit there and stare at me like "Look at me. I'm clean and perfect".

Then I'd put some cream cheese on his nose. He'd lick it off and spend another 45 minutes cleaning himself.

When he was a kitten, he slept in my dog's food bowl (clean). He also drank from the bathroom sink. One night I heard loud, clanking noise. He was sitting on the sink vanity, lifting and dropping the sink stopper with his paw so I'd hear him and turn on the faucet.

RIP Dusty. (After Dustin Hoffman).

if i scrunch a bag of chips my rat comes running over from where ever she was because she loves chips and wants me to give her one.

She eats and sleeps laying on her back which is really handy when i'm clipping her nails because i can give her a bit of banana and she will happily eat that while i'm clipping her nails.

If we have a glass of water sitting on the table, she will stand up to it and dunk the entire top half of her body in it and fish around in the glass like she is looking for something (very cute!!)
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Elite Member

When it is time for my Chihuahua to go outside he will run from you, lay on his back and piss in the air. This is very annoying.
    omg lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    if i scrunch a bag of chips my rat comes running over from where ever she was because she loves chips and wants me to give her one.

She eats and sleeps laying on her back which is really handy when i'm clipping her nails because i can give her a bit of banana and she will happily eat that while i'm clipping her nails.
    awww she sounds adorable

Our animals are wonderful. Whenever I lost my keys, they would be under my cat Little Snakes, gone many years ago, my baby cat Ernestine used to sleep with one little elbow hooked over my ankle, then when she grew up, she went to sleep with her nose in my ear. We both slept very well. My dog Monroe, a Maltese, would get on top of my head if there was thunder. He would clamp on like a winter hat. We always laughed, poor little guy. Moline, kitty, plays in the bathroom, pulls the towels off the rack on the back of the door and wedges them under the door so he has locked himself in. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get him out!!!

We could all write books about the wonderful things our animal friends do for us and with us.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

My pup gets jealous when I am chatting on the telephone - he shoves his head in my lap and "talks" as loudly as he can! He also humps the air and gets himself going and goes all the way across the room. It's pretty stinking funny. He's fixed, but I guess it didn't "fix" his lil' habit! He eats ANYTHING that drops on the floor. I have to be careful because as soon as he hears ANYTHING hit he dives right for it... I've had to take some strange stuff out of his mouth. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE animals... they are so much fun!!

My horse has some silly habits, also. She loves to buck and fart at feeding time... she also follows my husband around the perimeter of her fence when he is mowing the lawn. I love being around my horse so much that I actually enjoy the smell of horse-doo... cleaning out a stall is enjoyable to me. Am I weird, or what?
    Jim Anchower at your service!

demon(my pup as most of you have heard me talk of before) has learned to talk lol everytime he sees me come outside he comes over and starts making these weird little noises between a whine and a yap its cute. My Larz(rip) used to do a lip quiver lmao usually after molesting some innocent puppy(he was a pedophile)
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Elite Member

one of my mom's dogs sort of curls her lip up when she first sees you after a long time..it looks like she's smiling sort of, it makes my heart melt

lol xoxo i had a lab that would do that when she was in trouble anytime i got onto her for something she'd do that and it was like she was saying oww man come on you know you love me it was cute (and yes she always got out of trouble)

My standard poodle is TALL and can stand up at the kitchen counter ,brace himself on one elbow & use his other free paw to reach almost to the back to rake any food forward where he steals it and runs! He has had 2 full hams that way,without ill effect. The funniest was once I had 3 frozen buscuits out to cook,turned around for an instant and presto there was only 2. I looked over at him,sitting bolt upright, looking at me with utter innocence UNTIL I noticed frost coming out of both sides of his mouth!
    Last edited by McJag; March 18th, 2007 at 12:11 AM.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

lmaooooooooo too cute my sil's dog did the same thing with a whole batch of cookies she had out to cool when she came back they were gone and baby(her dog) was laying on the floor looking miserable

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    lol xoxo i had a lab that would do that when she was in trouble anytime i got onto her for something she'd do that and it was like she was saying oww man come on you know you love me it was cute (and yes she always got out of trouble)
    oh shedevil, my mom's dog that does this is part lab too, mostly lab i think (she's a mixed breed shelter rescue)..it must be something specific to the breed?

we'll have to ask honey if her lab bella does this too lol

could be they are very smart dogs. oh btw I gave maggie to a very good home the other day but i still have jezebel I think i may keep her lol. i swear they are part lab someone told me a dog can breed to up to 3 different dogs(don't know if this is true) but i think it may be because all of eve's pups were different looking 2 looked like pure pit's 2 like husky's and 2 like labs and the two that look like labs have webbed feet like a lab weird

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    What are some of the weird things that your pets do?

My dog likes sleeping in our laundry basket...(with umm not so clean laundry) and he likes to sniff ppl's eye lids...(he kinda gently tickles your face with his whiskers and feels nice when he does this)

that's weird, my pug likes to sniff my eye lids, too! Hey Mooms, maybe it's a "Pug thing!" Pugs rock! does Elmo shake his little head when he gets sleepy?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information