Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: We said goodbye to our doggy yesterday

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm so sad and the grief is overwhelming. Yesterday morning I needed to take an anxiety med right after waking up. Often, I will look for him in his spots that he liked to lay. When I go outside I look for him to let him out to go pee. Everything reminds me of him. This morning it snowed, and I thought of him being out on the deck licking the snow. I guess I'm still in shock because it happened so quickly. Our house seems so empty without my 120 pound furbaby. I need to take comfort in the fact that he had a long happy life and he knew he was loved, but it's hard to do that when I'm really struggling with the grief of losing my sweet boy.
    Honey, KrisNine and Fran like this.

So sorry for your loss smurfette
    McJag and Jazzy like this.

I'm so sorry!! We just went thru this in November too. Our dog was also 11 and we got him when he was 10 weeks old, he was my husband's buddy and our kids all loved him. He had a nasal tumor and he went down hill the last two months, but he had good and bad days so it was hard knowing he was going to die. The last week was emotional torture with him being in pain and not wanting to eat, but then we would take him to the park and he seemed happy and not sick. We had to make an appointment and put him down before he starved to death and we didn't want the kids to see that or for him to suffer. It was the hardest decision we ever made, my husband was a wreck for days. We are doing a lot better now and we actually got two rescue dogs (siblings) and it's been a joy for the kids to have a pet(s) again. It will get better and you will be able to talk about the good memories as time goes on. We have his ashes but we haven't been able to take it out of the packaging to even look at the cedar box, but I'm hoping soon we will be at that point. Time helps with the grief. Many hugs to you!!
    smurfette and Fran like this.

Elite Member

Oh smurfette and DeadDwarf, how heartbreaking for both of you and your families.

Please never forget all the wonderful memories you have and all the times your furbabies made you smile and laugh.

So sorry for your loss and please take great care of yourselves.
    smurfette, DeadDwarf and Jazzy like this.

DeadDwarf, I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby. I know how heart wrenching it was to watch him suffer in his final days. How wonderful that your family adopted two rescues. I am sure they have filled the void in your hearts. It has been six days since we lost our boy and I am still looking for him and my mind thinks he is still here, then the awful reality sets in. I know that it will get better with time. But right now, it is still so painful.
    DeadDwarf and Jazzy like this.

I'm so sorry. Although I know it's no consolation, that is quite a long life for a dog that large.
    Wilbur was a lucky dog to have such a great life with you, and you took care of him in his time of greatest need so he was not alone and afraid.
    Do you have any pictures of him? I'd love to see -- he sounds beautiful.
    Froogy and Jazzy like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

We pet owners have all walked that horrible path. The grief is awful but the memories of your precious pup will hold you up.
    The best part was that he only knew total love from his Humans and left in a cloud of peace and happiness that you were there at his side.
    Many hugs.
    Jazzy and Laurent like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

So very sorry for your loss. They are just never with us long enough.
    Honey, Jazzy and Laurent like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm so sorry for your losses, Smurfette and DeadDwarf. Losing a pet is just so heartbreaking, and you have my condolences.
    Jazzy likes this.

I'm sorry for your losses, smurfette and DeadDwarf. I cried myself reading your posts. I lost my cat Lucy about 15 months ago, she was 18 years old and my little sister. I was six-years-old when we got her. I know I posted pictures here of her and mentioned when she died. Because I didn't live at home, it doesn't really feel like she's gone, so everytime I come home I expect her to be here. I did when I got back from the US. I constantly expect to hear her meow, or get her tail caught in the blinds like she always did. She was very precious and I know my Dad was heartbroken when she passed.

I hope you can take peace in the knowledge that you made Wilbur the happiest little (big!) dog in the world, and I'm sure he misses you as much as you miss him. You couldn't have given him a better home and it sounds as if he lived a life filled with love and affection, he couldn't have asked for better. I hope the memories of Wilbur soon again make you feel happy, rather than sadness. Take care of yourself.
    Jazzy and Laurent like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

It is so sad loosing a much loved fur baby. I'm so sorry for your losses, Smurfette and DeadDwarf.

I'm so sorry, Smurfette. I grew up with a shepherd. So beautiful, so loyal, so smart. Take good care.

So sorry for your loss. A pet is such a big part of our heart and daily lives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information