Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trying to Rescue 3 kittens Next to my Building to no Avail :(

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know i know, and thank you so much ^

i was reading some more sad stories on a cat adoption forum thingy i joined to put their post up and it really teared me up. so many animals that are just left in people's homes when they vacate LIKE WTF! how can you do that?!

and when you pull shit like that, you are just burdening someone else with your fuck-up who has a heart to take the animal(s) in and try to take care of them. Luckily I got these 3 kitties healthy, but they have gone through a lot the last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    i know i know, and thank you so much ^

i was reading some more sad stories on a cat adoption forum thingy i joined to put their post up and it really teared me up. so many animals that are just left in people's homes when they vacate
    So many of the animals die in the house/yard before someone finds them. The worthless motherfuckers who do that should be shot.

i just dont get it; people are so un-human sometimes...but my mom reminded me that people do this (and worse) to kids all the time so...i guess i shouldn't be surprised.

yes, except when humans mistreat other humans, there are usually legal consequences, unless they don't get caught. F.e., if someone abandoned their kids in their foreclosed house, they would be in HUGE trouble, and rightfully so. But in the case of abandoned animals, most times they don't even try to track down the legal owner or come after them in any way.

Tiger and Fluffy are still available for adoption; Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested! Thanks so much, this has become an urgent situation since the person who had adopted them is now being threatened by his property manager of being kicked out and since he's an older man this option is not available to him and he has to get rid of the cats unfortunately.

thank you so much for any help!!! I'm so scared for them right now I can't keep them in my house since I'm already struggling w/ 3 and I'm just dying at the thought of them going to the pound.

Wow just saw this thread! Unfortunately I can't help over here on the East Coast but I wish you the best of luck.

I had this exact problem last year! My roommate found a litter and the mother by our dumpsters. She of course brings them home to our deck. We brought the kittens inside, cleaned them and bought all this stuff. We named the mother Juno, because she was obviously still a teen...After numerous calls and emails to so many rescue places (who were all AT CAPACITY), I finally posted them on Craigslist. I did get a few flaky prospects, but luckily a woman contacted me about her rescue organization! By that next weekend she was picking them up in her "Pet Taxi". She still contacts me with updates on the babies who have been adopted.

A few weeks after they left our house, I realized they left a present in the form of FLEAS. Yup my whole house was infested including my dog, who I have been treating for Fleas/Ticks! Apparently the organic stuff I use didn't do the trick. It took me a few more weeks to get rid of them! End of Story/Threadjack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

well, I did find another home hopefully, I took them to the lady last night and she was all set and ready for them, but then she calls me saying they were scared and stuff and i'm like, "yeah, its their first night with you; please oh please give them a day or two to settle in, please I'm begging you" and she's knows the alternative, which is the pound b/c she was my last and only hope - I JUST WISH PEOPLE REALIZED WHEN YOU ADOPT A PET, LIKE A CHILD, ITS A MAJOR DECISION AND YOU CAN'T GO BACK ON IT! ugh, I'm so freaking nervous that she's going to call me again, so I'm trying to stay positive which is challenging for me and any good thoughts sent those cats way is much appreciated, thank you!

You're so sweet, Alice! Your kitty cats are very lucky!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

man I'm trying I really am, its been a rough road, if I had to do all over again, I probably would have just taken them to the pound that first time (since all the shelters here in LA are over capacity), but then I got too close to them, fell in love, their faces and eyes, they really are wonderful cats if they would just get the proper home they could prosper

omg of course they're scared their first night somewhere new, hasn't this woman ever had cats before?

My new kitties have been here two weeks and they're pretty comfortable now but the first few days I tried to keep them somewhat isolated and let them check things out at their own pace. They're still leery of the dogs but other than that, they've pretty much taken over the house.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information