Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Rescue 3 kittens Next to my Building to no Avail :(

also if you list them on Craigslist, don't list them for free, as people will get the free ones for snake food, etc.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

well i saw the mom this morning; she's a big fat hairy beast! she hissed at her own son and was hovering around while i fed them. this is a mess b/c now i have to catch her and get her ass spayed too! and she is a lot more wild than them and stronger, she might kill me i swear - she's just that big

but my little darlings are ok and I'm getting them taken care of tomorrow and putting up fliers galore, and still working the internet best i can.

You have a feral cat society in your area? They would be able to help trap the mom and get her fixed.

Feral Cat Caretakers' Coalition
    P.O. Box 491244
    Los Angeles, CA 90049

Ph: (310) 820-4122

Email: info@feralcatcaretakers.org

http://www.feralcatcaretakers.org/index.html

thanks for the idea Twitch
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

^ omg thanks Deb! I'm emailing them right now!! b/c I made an appt. to get the mom the mom spayed tomorrow but I dont know if i can even catch her. plus this is gonna cost me, grrrr oh well, its my charity and its better than her breeding more and more homeless kittens.

Hey Alice -- I missed it...have you already caught the kittens?

Bless you for helping and looking after them, Alice.

yes i've caught 2 of the 3 and they're in my bathroom until i can put them up for adoption next week; which sucks for them b/c they're like in a little jail but the adoption ladies said its fine and that they have to stay away from my cats b/c they haven't had their shots yet, etc.

i need to catch the other little girl or boy though; its imperative.
    i've put up some fliers and did craigslist and all kinds of phone calls and emails. the one lady who responded to my craigslist (with an "s" b/c i listed a few) posts is still a maybe....so i'm hoping that something comes up for them. they are so damn sweet; i almost would give mine up for them its funny b/c mine are fat, selfish and spoiled at this point in their lives and i'm sure w/ a good home that these little guys will get that way too but right now they are sweet innocent loving angels

Hey alice...thanks for the update...Can you post a pic? I'm in the neighborhood and on the market for a kittie!

Any more updates Alice?

well one of them is sick she's eating a very little then throwing up and/or diarrhea-ing but other than that she's acting normal and the other cats aren't hissing at her - which is what happens when a cat is really sick. I'm hoping it passes, I just need to get some fluids in her. Also she's diarrhea-ing clear liquid which is really wierd. but they all slept in the bed last night are really doing ok, I have a lady interested in 2 of them, but I want to ask her for help with the bills of getting them fixed and tested for FIV and Leukemia but don't know if I should or not. I am never doing this again though, its been a really difficult experience, not to mention expensive and I'm already have money troubles.

I mean I love them and everything, but yeah its been tough. ugh. I will post pics when i get home thanks for caring you guys! it means a lot. the only person to really help me out of everyone i've asked is my sister, thank god b/c last night i came home to a diarrhea mess in my bathroom that took hours to clean, not to mention giving the kitten 2 baths and a shower poor thing....

could you maybe cook up some plain white rice and put it into the sick one's food? we used to do that with my dog whenever she got diarrhoea and it definitely helps.
    and i think it's normal to ask the lady for help with the bills. when we got our dog from the original owners, we didn't have to pay anything for her but they did ask for us to reimburse the cost of her shots.
    as for getting them fixed, how young can you do that? i thought you were supposed to wait until they were about six months?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ Trix - I have 8, so I'm already there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

^ yeah thats what my sister said to do! plus pedialyte; so i'll do that for the little sprite.

and I'll show the lady my receipts and ask her nicely but no pressure, and just show her I'm not trying to make money just get help. thanks again guys; will keep you posted so they must be 4 months to get fixed sputty, thats what the vet's assistants told me and they wouldn't operate otherwise, so i hope they were old enough, it turns out i was way off on guessing their age. they were just small too b/c they were in the street, but they've grown a lot in just the week or so i've been taking care of the dear-hearts. they all slept in the bed last night walking all over me and stuff, no sleep, i guess this is what its like to have a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    ^ Trix - I have 8, so I'm already there.
    Haha, well I had two dogs at the time too...so 8 animals total!

I'm down to two dogs and two cats now. But that's always subject to change.

p.s. Alice, hang in there! (((hugs)))
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information