Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thieving seagull

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    My sister sent me this yesterday and I thought it was so hilarious... I love stuff like this.
    Oh, so do I!

I remember seeing a clip about a bird that stole change from a parking meter. I must see if I can hunt it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    That is crafty! At least he shares.
    Birds are so damned smart.
    Judging by the number of feathered pals he has (second video) I'm surprised that Sam The Seagull doesn't steal a family-sized bag of cheese Doritos!

I just thought of something....if Britney Spears was to be reincarnated into an animal, she'd be Sam, wouldn't she? They obviously like the same food!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Whoever owns Doritos brand should really play this up as a marketing ploy-even birds will STEAL for Doritos-and only Doritos! lol They could make this bird more famous than the Taco Bell chihuahua!! hehehe
    You make an excellent point, Sojita.

Whoever shot these clips should offer to sell them to Frito Lay, who makes Doritos brand snacks. I know because Mr. Pippin works for Canada's competitor to Frito Lay in the snack food business.

I have a photo of my lovebird when he was a baby. He's perched on a take-out drink from a local restaurant that I left on the table that had Diet 7 Up in it. The name of the restaurant is clearly visible, and you just reminded me that maybe I should ask Harvey's if they want to buy the pic. It's a shame that our lovie wasn't sitting on a hamburger wrapper, because Harvey's is well-known in our area for their burgers rather than soft drinks.

I tried to find the pic, but I can't remember my Webshots password. I'm such a dolt sometimes....when it's emailed to me, I'll post it for you.

Thanks for reminding me about that, by the way, I'd forgotten all about trying to market Mott The Hoople to Harvey's!
    Last edited by Tati; September 30th, 2007 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaintTheTownRed View Post
    OMG, look at his little feet when he's running out of the store
    Awesome. This is just too funny.
    And he's got good taste, too

Oh, he does....I'd be tempted to fight him for that bag of cheese Doritos if they weren't the competition!

Mr. Pippin works at Old Dutch Snack Foods, so I have to eat their version of cheese Doritos....

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^^Good thought there Soj! Gotta good marketing head on those shoulders!

That is damn funny. And the bird has to be fairly smart to consistantly do this while the owner isn't looking and takes the SAME chips everytime.
    Just a thought....but if the seagull wasn't so funny, don't you think that the shopkeeper who appears to be annoyed would move the chips to a less accessible place?

The way the chips are placed in his store makes it almost easy for Sam to steal them, and it's great publicity for his store, too, now that I notice you've mentioned advertising.

What kills me the most, I think, is the first video in which the bird actually hesitates a couple of times to 'case' the joint out.
    Last edited by Tati; September 30th, 2007 at 02:16 PM.

So cute! And too hilarious! He does have mighty good taste in chips for sure!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    What kills me the most, I think, is the first video in which the bird actually hesitates a couple of times to 'case' the joint out.
    That's the funniest part. Smart little devils.

I love how they all share the chips

lol...silly bird!
    Love ya,
    Dara

They ain't called 'bird brains' for nuthin', are they?

Whenever I leave the apartment, or Mr Pippin does, the crows in the park next to our building caw loudly. They recognize us. They follow us for about five or six streets away cawing, knowing we are the saps who feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    That's the funniest part. Smart little devils.
    I was amazed by the way he checked the store out; he's a much better thief than I could ever be!

Quote Originally Posted by abbyroadme View Post
    lol...silly bird!
    Silly yes, but he's well fed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information