Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestions: Parents getting new dog!

Quote Originally Posted by waikiki View Post
    Instead of talking about breeds why don't you go to your local kennel? There are hundreds of dogs, and the staff there will be able to help you to find the perfect pet for your family. Each dog from the kennel has his/her experience and his/her own temperment. Definitely. Now, that is having a wide choice and doing a responsible thing at the same time.

Honestly, don't adopt a dog by his/her look. The breed is not an infallible method to determine a dog's temperment especially if you say you're looking for a specific attitude. Instead, get to know him/her, spend some time with him/her if you can. Please DO NOT BUY HIM/HER. This is my advice.
    Agreed. I am a big shelter advocate.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Stop dissin' Poodles!!! They (from decent breeders) have great temperaments-they are cheerful,witty and totally owner family oriented. They love to do anything you want. And no-my little one is never yappy. Nor my big standard,either. They are the closet thing to cat-dogs-quiet and clean. I love the way my male standard greets me-he rushes up and bows his head, pressing against my knees for a pat. My baby female snuggles up under the cover when I sleep & stays in her basket by my desk when I am on the computer. If someone comes to the door,my biggie sounds like a battle-ready pit bull & makes sure I am safe.The only drawback is grooming-have to take them in ever 6 weeks or so & it is expensive. I know they look foo-foo compared to other dogs,but they don't know it! Like my sister says-other dogs just think they belong to a stange religious sect.
    hee hee! I love poodles, too! they are sweet and loving.

Havanese... Very mild mannered but playful if you want to play with them. Very good with kids and elderly people.

I've had nothing but great experiences!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post

Havanese... Very mild mannered but playful if you want to play with them. Very good with kids and elderly people.

I've had nothing but great experiences!
    How cute! Who could not love this??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Stop dissin' Poodles!!! They (from decent breeders) have great temperaments-they are cheerful,witty and totally owner family oriented. They love to do anything you want. And no-my little one is never yappy. Nor my big standard,either. They are the closet thing to cat-dogs-quiet and clean. I love the way my male standard greets me-he rushes up and bows his head, pressing against my knees for a pat. My baby female snuggles up under the cover when I sleep & stays in her basket by my desk when I am on the computer. If someone comes to the door,my biggie sounds like a battle-ready pit bull & makes sure I am safe.The only drawback is grooming-have to take them in ever 6 weeks or so & it is expensive. I know they look foo-foo compared to other dogs,but they don't know it! Like my sister says-other dogs just think they belong to a stange religious sect.
    Yes poodles are wonderful dogs.My little poodle is such a joy to me.

I vote for a poodle, too My grandparents had a toy poodle (not the teeny, tiny tea cup poodles). He was very sweet, smart and friendly. His name was Pierre and he lived to be 18. He was a good dog, gentle with children and never barked. Very clean, too. They don't have an oily coat and don't really shed.

I do love a pug, too. Very sweet dogs and not very hyper. Panda, your Petunia is gorgeous!

I also like Westies, Scotties and Schnauzers.

^^Schnauzer puppies are so freaking cute!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

How cute! Who could not love this??
    When I look at that dog I think 2 things,

YAP

Eye/mouth crusties I have to clean.

But I guess I'm just a big dog person, I'm a dying breed.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    ^^Schnauzer puppies are so freaking cute!
    I know. My mom wants to get one. She has a Silky now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    When I look at that dog I think 2 things,

YAP

Eye/mouth crusties I have to clean.

But I guess I'm just a big dog person, I'm a dying breed.
    I love big dogs, too. I love all dogs, but I'm more of a big dog person.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I vote for a poodle, too
    I do love a pug, too. Very sweet dogs and not very hyper. Panda, your Petunia is gorgeous!
    thanks! can you believe she was left at a shelter? we don't know why, but thank goodness she was rescued. she is a very good girl and just the love of our lives!

Well I just got a Great Pyrenees mix. She's a couch potato, but I think a bit larger than you're looking for.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information