Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Suggestions: Parents getting new dog!

  1. #31
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    12,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waikiki View Post
    Instead of talking about breeds why don't you go to your local kennel? There are hundreds of dogs, and the staff there will be able to help you to find the perfect pet for your family. Each dog from the kennel has his/her experience and his/her own temperment. Definitely. Now, that is having a wide choice and doing a responsible thing at the same time.

    Honestly, don't adopt a dog by his/her look. The breed is not an infallible method to determine a dog's temperment especially if you say you're looking for a specific attitude. Instead, get to know him/her, spend some time with him/her if you can. Please DO NOT BUY HIM/HER. This is my advice.
    Agreed. I am a big shelter advocate.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

  2. #32
    Elite Member panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Stop dissin' Poodles!!! They (from decent breeders) have great temperaments-they are cheerful,witty and totally owner family oriented. They love to do anything you want. And no-my little one is never yappy. Nor my big standard,either. They are the closet thing to cat-dogs-quiet and clean. I love the way my male standard greets me-he rushes up and bows his head, pressing against my knees for a pat. My baby female snuggles up under the cover when I sleep & stays in her basket by my desk when I am on the computer. If someone comes to the door,my biggie sounds like a battle-ready pit bull & makes sure I am safe.The only drawback is grooming-have to take them in ever 6 weeks or so & it is expensive. I know they look foo-foo compared to other dogs,but they don't know it! Like my sister says-other dogs just think they belong to a stange religious sect.
    hee hee! I love poodles, too! they are sweet and loving.

  3. #33
    Gold Member WitchHazelEyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Outside of Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,192

    Default





    Havanese... Very mild mannered but playful if you want to play with them. Very good with kids and elderly people.

    I've had nothing but great experiences!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

  4. #34
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WitchHazelEyed View Post




    Havanese... Very mild mannered but playful if you want to play with them. Very good with kids and elderly people.

    I've had nothing but great experiences!
    How cute! Who could not love this??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  5. #35
    Gold Member drama_queen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Stop dissin' Poodles!!! They (from decent breeders) have great temperaments-they are cheerful,witty and totally owner family oriented. They love to do anything you want. And no-my little one is never yappy. Nor my big standard,either. They are the closet thing to cat-dogs-quiet and clean. I love the way my male standard greets me-he rushes up and bows his head, pressing against my knees for a pat. My baby female snuggles up under the cover when I sleep & stays in her basket by my desk when I am on the computer. If someone comes to the door,my biggie sounds like a battle-ready pit bull & makes sure I am safe.The only drawback is grooming-have to take them in ever 6 weeks or so & it is expensive. I know they look foo-foo compared to other dogs,but they don't know it! Like my sister says-other dogs just think they belong to a stange religious sect.
    Yes poodles are wonderful dogs.My little poodle is such a joy to me.

  6. #36
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,075

    Default

    I vote for a poodle, too My grandparents had a toy poodle (not the teeny, tiny tea cup poodles). He was very sweet, smart and friendly. His name was Pierre and he lived to be 18. He was a good dog, gentle with children and never barked. Very clean, too. They don't have an oily coat and don't really shed.

    I do love a pug, too. Very sweet dogs and not very hyper. Panda, your Petunia is gorgeous!

    I also like Westies, Scotties and Schnauzers.

  7. #37
    Elite Member Butterfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a Handbasket
    Posts
    5,445

    Default

    ^^Schnauzer puppies are so freaking cute!
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

  8. #38
    Elite Member Dixie Normos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    In between the mountains and sea
    Posts
    4,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    How cute! Who could not love this??
    When I look at that dog I think 2 things,

    YAP

    Eye/mouth crusties I have to clean.


    But I guess I'm just a big dog person, I'm a dying breed.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

  9. #39
    Elite Member KrisNine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Sleepy night night land
    Posts
    23,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    ^^Schnauzer puppies are so freaking cute!
    I know. My mom wants to get one. She has a Silky now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Normos View Post
    When I look at that dog I think 2 things,

    YAP

    Eye/mouth crusties I have to clean.


    But I guess I'm just a big dog person, I'm a dying breed.
    I love big dogs, too. I love all dogs, but I'm more of a big dog person.

  10. #40
    Elite Member panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I vote for a poodle, too
    I do love a pug, too. Very sweet dogs and not very hyper. Panda, your Petunia is gorgeous!
    thanks! can you believe she was left at a shelter? we don't know why, but thank goodness she was rescued. she is a very good girl and just the love of our lives!

  11. #41
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    52,705

    Default



    Well I just got a Great Pyrenees mix. She's a couch potato, but I think a bit larger than you're looking for.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestions for DVD sets
    By sweetrebel in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 8th, 2006, 03:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •