Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snickers got bit by a pit bull.....

^^ I was really angry. I dont react by yelling, but by getting really quiet and sulky. She asked me "Are you angry?" and I was like "Uh, yea, you waited two whole days to even TELL me he got attacked and then the way you brought it up was totally nonchalant." I guess she can understand why I was so pissed... this dog is my life, I love him so much... but I made her swear never to let him go stay with these people ever again. This isn't the first time they've acted carelessly... not just with Snickers but in general, and then they pass the buck and try to blame the situation on something else. I don't even want to think about how the explained to my mom that our dog got bitten by a pitbull a considerably long time before she was made aware of the situation and now she has to deal with it on her own.

Ugh. Makes me disgusted thinking about it. $300 in vet bills. Not that it matters... I'm so glad Snickies is okay... but what a bunch of fucktards. The little boy is never getting his grubby, dirty hands on my dog ever again. I was protective of Snickers before, but now... forget it.

ETA: And Soj, don't sweat the trailer park thing... I have family that live in a trailer park, so I wasnt trying to correllate the horror of the situation with the fact that it took place in a trailer park... I'm sure yours is much nicer than the one in question, too.

I hate pit-bull dogs. They're just plain evil as far as I can see, bred to bite and fight.

Hope your dog gets better soon SJ.

How is Mr Snickers today?

Very good, Honey.

I've been pampering him since I got home.... he's wearing a tee shirt that says "King of the Universe".... he's the king of my universe.

Awww I'm glad he's doing ok, SJ.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Poor Snickers!!! Thank God he's okay, but I bet you were/are just sick about this...I'm sorry SJ.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Awww him in his T shirt

(Really, these people should be offering to pay at least something toward the bill, if they had any manners)

They aren't exactly economically liberal... so I guess my mom felt bad and didn't ask them to pony up the money.

It's the first and last time they'll ever see my dog, though. It just makes me sick thinking how quiet and indifferent they were about the whole thing.

Thumbs down

Some people don't see animals as important (weird) maybe they are those kind of people? You see those types on animal rescue shows, people hitting their pets because they are "just cats or dogs"...so stupid. I now they didn't hurt Snickers themselves, but they didn't do anything to help him.

I'm glad he is being pampered now

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    I hate pit-bull dogs. They're just plain evil as far as I can see, bred to bite and fight.

No no no! My Nephew rescued 2-1 walking on a hurt paw in Metairie La. after Katrina. Those dogs LOVE him & us. We don't know where they came from or how long they had been walking-very thin. Male & female-my sister calls the "Brad & Angelina" and they are beyond sweet. Their ears were not docked,so clearly they were not fighter dogs. They have little pink noses. They play well with 3 cats and a big ol hound dog.

"
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

^That's a great story, McJag... and Style I hope your pup is doing much better. How traumatizing.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    No no no! My Nephew rescued 2-1 walking on a hurt paw in Metairie La. after Katrina. Those dogs LOVE him & us. We don't know where they came from or how long they had been walking-very thin. Male & female-my sister calls the "Brad & Angelina" and they are beyond sweet. Their ears were not docked,so clearly they were not fighter dogs. They have little pink noses. They play well with 3 cats and a big ol hound dog.

"
    Awww isn't that cute

Angry

Well my sister in law's dog(the dog is the brother of my parent's dog that just recently passed away) was just attacked by a pit bull-while my SIL was walking it. It is pretty torn up. They took the dog away. Big vet bills. It got loose and went right for the dog. My SIL tried to beat it away, and several men stopped in cars, and it took them beating the pit bull with clubs to get it to stop.

This happened in a decent middle class neighborhood. WTF is going on with these damn Pit Bulls?

My SIL is scared shitless now and is carrying mace when she leaves the house. I guess it was just a really horrific violent attack.

Poor little Kirby..
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post

It isn't the dog, it's the owner at the end of the leash that makes ANY dog vicious!! I was bit by a Collie when I was a kid, my Gramma's Pug used to bite all the time. Why? Because it was constantly picked on, put down and treated poorly. This is the type of attitude that has created the doggie genecide that is now happening.
    SJ, it is awful that your Snickers has gone through this, he is probably traumatized as you said. I was watching an animal program a while ago, and they talked about what happens to animals when humans come in and out of their lives, it's very hard on them, they are sensitive creatures. I am certainly not saying this to make you feel worse, however it may explain Snickers behavior towards you on your return home. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information