Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saving a cat with fatty liver syndrome (Feline Hepatic Lipidosis)

Silver Member

I am sending positive cat love!!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition :: healthy cat diet, making cat food, litter box, cat food, cat nutrition, cat urinary tract health

I found this yesterday after deciding I need to be more proactive; pretty interesting, what are your guys' thoughts?!

basically says that dry foods are crap and our cats need more animal protein and water w/ their food, that sounds about right.

Ever since I been doing this w/ my cat that got blocked, he's been peeing huge amounts - which I think is good

Store food esp the dry stuff is hazardous to your pets health. Ive been cooking for my animals for a few months now and it gets easier as time goes by. My next step is a raw diet for them.

This gal has taken it to the max and claims her animals are healthier than they ever have been and many other people have had the same results. Check out her videos.

http://www.rawlearning.com
    I blew the tranny in my car.........thanks MsDark.

I'm using a mixture of raw and cooked meats/organ meats I get from the inlaws. They farm organically and I know there's nothing bad in that and that the food was well treated while alive and humanely killed. It all gets run through a big grinder like sausage meat and I freeze it in daily use size baggies. Yay chest freezer! I also get a grain free kibble the name of which escapes me at the moment. A couple of them grew up on kibble and prefer it if they can get it. Maybe it's the crunchy texture? So my old guys get some of that with the wet stuff.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Bless all the kitty lovers!
    I used to only feed my cats dry kibble, listening to advice that wet food rotted their teeth etc. My last baby had kidney disease and the vet said that all cats should have some wet food, because they are descended from desert animals and by nature do not get enough hydration. I just adopted my landlord's cat and feed her a quarter can of high quality wet stuff every evening, as well as kibble.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ oh damn, that shit makes me so sad and feel so guilty luckily my cats really like wet food so i won't have a problem there except the cost, but its damn worth it though! I mean it was $2,000 to have my big guy's thingy unblocked and he suffered too more than I care to see him suffer again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information