Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad dog loses owner, home and faces euthanasia. Someone please help her.

Or else I would have gone all the way to Columbus...
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    No, im just soft and squishy regarding things that arent human
    Does this extend to those little yappy Paris Hilton handbag dogs belonging to neighbours?

those aren't dogs.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Awwww! But how can you resist them! And in their cutesy little outfits, too!

Rats with legs, don't like 'em.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Eww dogs in outfits are not cute

Thumbs up Rose found a home!!

I received another email from the author in the original article:
    Great news! Rose has been adopted! Here’s a link to the story that ran in the paper today:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/766098.html

Rose got her happy ending. J
    Here is the story:

Thursday, Jul. 02, 2009

Waverly Hall couple adopts Rose

By Andrea V. Hernandez - ahernandez@ledger-enquirer.com

Rose has been saved.
    The 10-year-old rottweiler mix, who was originally scheduled to be euthanized Tuesday, was adopted Wednesday by Len and Delores Jagoda.
    The Waverly Hall, Ga., couple showed up at the Columbus Animal Care and Control Center almost an hour before the facility opened at 10 a.m. Drale Short, city division manager of special enforcement, said the Jagodas and another couple arrived in hopes of adopting Rose. The other couple decided to let the Jagodas take the homeless dog, who ended up at animal control after her owner passed away last week.

“I’m ecstatic,” Short said. “It’s a great day for animal control whenever we can get one of our kids out of here.”

Len Jagoda is an artist who focuses exclusively on portraits and sculptures of animals, specifically dogs and horses. His wife works as a victims’ advocate in the Columbus District Attorney’s office. The couple owns horses and four other dogs — three of them rescue dogs — on their 16-acre farm. Over the years, Len Jagoda said they have taken in and cared for 25-30 stray animals — mostly older canines, some of whom have lived to be 17 and 18 years old.

Delores Jagoda saw Rose’s story on the Ledger-Enquirer’s Web site Tuesday and told her husband they had to adopt Rose.
    “There wasn’t any need to go through a thought process,” Len Jagoda said. “We just knew we’d go try to adopt her.”

Rose’s story
    Columbus animal control workers took in the frightened dog June 24 after her owner died from natural causes. The 63-year-old woman lived alone in the Clay Drive Mobile Home Park, where she took care of stray animals.
    Rose was first scheduled to be euthanized at 6 a.m. Tuesday, but animal control officials decided to hold Rose longer in case anyone wanted to adopt her. After receiving at least 250 phone calls Tuesday for Rose, they invited potential “parents” to come to the facility Wednesday morning. That was when officials had planned to pick Rose’s new parents through a lottery.

On Wednesday morning, Rose no longer seemed timid and scared. After PAWS Humane staffers cut Rose’s nails, inserted a microchip and administered a rabies shot, Rose lounged on the grass outside of the adoption center as Len Jagoda petted her.

Their next stop was the veterinarian, where Rose would be checked for a bald spot on her back, most likely caused from a flea infestation.
    “She may not grow her hair back, but so what?” Len Jagoda said. “She’s not in a beauty contest. She needs to be happy, that’s all.”
    “We just knew all she needed was a little love.”

Contact Andrea Hernandez at 706-571-8586

Waverly Hall couple adopts Rose - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com - check out the link as it has pictures of Rose with her new owner.

Happy ending.

YAY!

and

PHEW!!

What a relief!! She is such a precious baby. I love her new parents for adopting her

Oh great I could cry

I'm already crying. Damn PMS!

I love happy endings!! I hope the other couple adopted another needy critter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information