Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad dog loses owner, home and faces euthanasia. Someone please help her.

what a sad face!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Update: she got moved to PAWS, a no kill shelter and has a few interested parties looking at adopting her
    Oh, good, I was thinking about that dog all day!
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

I swear,I would send money to the new family,if they just take her home!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Update: she got moved to PAWS, a no kill shelter and has a few interested parties looking at adopting her
    Thank goodness!

Look at her eyes...
    I'm glad she was moved to PAWS, but hopefully she get's a home before the weekend.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I'm glad she got moved to a no-kill shelter.. I put this on my FB and some guy had the gall to tell me the sad eyes looked photoshopped. Some people are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I'm glad she got moved to a no-kill shelter.. I put this on my FB and some guy had the gall to tell me the sad eyes looked photoshopped. Some people are stupid.
    That guy needs a kick in the face.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Awwww, Grimm gets a little bootay and turns into a big squishy puddle of gooey love.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

No, im just soft and squishy regarding things that arent human

People are retarded but animals are generally innocent things. I can't even watch humane society commercials cuz i'd turn into a crazy cat and dog lady.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I'm with you guys, I want that gorgeous dog. I hope she gets a good home soon. If I lived there, she'd be mine.

I'm bawling my eyes out.

The Columbus Animal Care and Control Center has been inundated today with calls and e-mails from people interested in adopting Rose, a 10-year-old Rottweiler mix whose owner passed away last week.
    Drale Short, Columbus' division manager of special enforcement, said animal control received more than 100 calls about Rose. The center's phone and computer systems even crashed this morning.
    Rose will be up for adoption Wednesday at 10 a.m. Those interested should show up at that time at the center, located behind the new PAWS Humane building on Milgen Road. Potential "parents" will get to spend about 30 minutes with her. Rose's new parents will then be chosen through a lottery.

"I feel confident she'll find a home," Short said.
    Columbus animal control workers took Rose June 24 after her owner died from natural causes. The 63-year-old woman lived alone and took care of stray animals at the Clay Drive Mobile Home Park.
    Rose was scheduled to be euthanized first thing Tuesday morning, but animal control decided to hold her longer in case anyone wanted to adopt her.
    Short said animal control does not screen adopters, but they will "make sure they understand what exactly is going to be needed for (Rose.)"
    "We don't want somebody that's just going to throw her in the backyard," she said.
    Rose has a skin condition on her back from a flea infestation, but workers said it's treatable. She is heartworm negative.
    Rose isn't the only animal who needs a loving home. Short said other animals are available for adoption at animal control, where fees range from $45 to $55 for dogs and cats, depending on its age, and include a city permit and spay/neuter services.
    The animal control center is located at 4910 Milgen Road.

UPDATE: Animal control receives huge response over Rose - Breaking News - Ledger-Enquirer.com

It's nice that so many people responded. I hope those that didn't get to adopt her find another pet while they're there.

YAY!! Looking good for Rose!!!!!!!!!! *doing happy dance*
    Go Habs Go!!

I was very moved by Rose's situation and her sad face. So, I wrote to the author of the article and she emailed me back. This is what she said:

Hi!

Thanks for your interest. I’ll actually be doing a follow-up story soon on Rose. I’m just waiting on new details today from animal control.

Rose is so sweet in person, I was almost in tears after seeing her yesterday. She definitely deserves a loving and caring home.

I’ll shoot you an e-mail after I find out more!

Andrea
    Then she sent another email:
    I think Andrea did a great job in bringing Rose's dire situation to the general public. Rose sounds like such a sweet-natured dog and I hope the humane society choose a very loving home for her.
    Last edited by Wiseguy; July 1st, 2009 at 10:43 AM.

OMG- so happy for Rose!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information