Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: RIP My Boys

Sorry to hear that, that's horrible to lose both so close together.

I'm so sorry for your furbabies, A*O. They were both so cute. In a way its better for them that they went together and had no time for one to be left all alone without his friend. Poor babies.

I'm sorry for your loss. They have such beautiful kind and attentive faces. It looks like they both must have been little rascals when young, running around wildly, causing a lot of mischief... Thank you for giving them such a wonderful home and lots of love. To them, you must have been their whole life.

It humbles me to see what a great part in family life they take over, giving us shelter, helping us in everyday life simply by being themselves and mirroring our love endless times.
    May they rest their souls now.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

I'm so sorry. This made me tear up.

One of my dogs is a 15 year old chihuahua and she is not doing well. I know the day is coming soon.
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

So sorry A*O.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I'm so sorry, A*O.

Sending you lots of puppy hugs.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I’m so sorry a*o. Losing a pet is heartbreaking and I can’t even imagine losing both almost at the same time.
    HeartShapedBox likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm so sorry AO. So adorable. With you they had a fantastic long life, with lots of sass and love. I can hear you in my head talking to them.

Friend from my home town just called for new year wishes,I could tell from her voice she was not ok.She finally told me she lost her pekinese boy of 21 years,her Tabby that i used to call Mop.4 days ago and she was hospitalized already.She broke down.I feel so bad i am far and not able to help..She will have a rough time.

A*O

Thank you all. It means a lot. I’m ashamed to admit this has torn me up more than losing my father. But the dogs loved me unconditionally, my father didn’t so there we are.

The Boys have been cremated but my husband won’t let me see the little ashes caskets yet because he knows I’ll be a mess.

See? My cold, black heart does have a soul after all.
    effie2, Sarzy, Brookie and 8 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I am so sorry. We once lost 2 within a week so I know how you feel. And nothing wrong with being more upset than about your father, our furries are part of our daily lives and always there. Of course they are going to leave a much bigger hole.
    A*O likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

My heart goes out to you A*O, they get under our skin and into our hearts and it's a big old bitch to lose them. They are so adorable, I'm so sorry you are suffering, it's so hard not to see them or be with them. It really does sting.

My husband knows that the loss of our dog will break me. We joke that if he or Sally were hanging off a cliff, I'd save Sally. I justify it by saying she's 10 lbs and I'd have an easier time getting her up and also, she's a dog so if she's hanging off a cliff someone put her there, while he's a grown ass man with only himself to blame... But in truth, he just knows I love her more. She's my best friend. My little sounding board. She'll be ten this year and I don't want it come. She's still pretty spry (knock on wood), but every passing year makes me anxious and depressed.

I'm so sorry, A*O. They are the truest loves in our lives. They keep our secrets, let us slobber all over them when we are sad, distract us when we are hurting, provide levity when we are angry, and are always happy when we come home. It isn't fair we don't get them forever. It isn't fair they have to go without us (their mommies). None of it is fair.

When she is scared, Sally puts her paws on my knees and begs to be picked up. I want to break down in ugly sobs every time I have to think of her final days, when she has to face the end and I can't hold her close to me and calm her fear. I hope it helps you to know they are together. They didn't go alone. They had you until the end and they have each other in the new place (wherever that is). Thinking of you and your sweet boys.
    effie2, Brookie and Sarzy like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Thank you all. It means a lot. I’m ashamed to admit this has torn me up more than losing my father. But the dogs loved me unconditionally, my father didn’t so there we are.

The Boys have been cremated but my husband won’t let me see the little ashes caskets yet because he knows I’ll be a mess.

See? My cold, black heart does have a soul after all.
    I'm sorry, I've been there and it does tear you apart. I certainly think it makes sense to grieve them more. They not only love you unconditionally, but you see them everyday, and you're responsible for their well-being every day. It's a special bond.
    czb and effie2 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information