Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about adopting pound puppies

If they didn't do an x-ray, and I don't know if they did or not, couldn't a gun shot wound resemble a burn? Powder burns are pretty common. That poor pup had a horrible start in life -- he's lucky to have a kind new owner.

I did have to sign a contract to get all of her shots and have to spayed within 6 months. This city run shelter doesn't do any shots or spay/neuter before adoptions, this is why they are $10 adoptions. We are kind of out in the country so they get a lot of animals in and out.
    We finished her puppy shots over the weekend and the vet said it wasn't even worth my breath to talk to the shelter I adopted her from. He made it sound like they have had problems with that shelter before. We are going to get her spayed and remove the pellet in 1 surgery so she only has to put under one time. My vet is wonderful and he works with everyone with payment plans and so the animals get the best care they can without breaking the bank so badly! So hopefully she will be as good as new in a matter of weeks. *I'm keeping my fingers crossed because if this doesn't straighten her leg out we then have to go to an orthopedic to have pins put in to make it straight.*

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Awww, I'm so happy the doggy has a good home. Totally agree with Moomies; get some pet insurance.

Thats good to hear. It makes me smile when people like YOU adopt pets. There are many people who would have dropped the dog back off at the pound after finding out these ailments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

You deserve 3 gold stars. That doggy will enrich your lives for years to come. This is money well spent and I hope you get every blessing back threefold. Seems like her leg will mend,after the pellet is out.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Apainta View Post
    I did have to sign a contract to get all of her shots and have to spayed within 6 months. This city run shelter doesn't do any shots or spay/neuter before adoptions, this is why they are $10 adoptions. We are kind of out in the country so they get a lot of animals in and out.
    We finished her puppy shots over the weekend and the vet said it wasn't even worth my breath to talk to the shelter I adopted her from. He made it sound like they have had problems with that shelter before. We are going to get her spayed and remove the pellet in 1 surgery so she only has to put under one time. My vet is wonderful and he works with everyone with payment plans and so the animals get the best care they can without breaking the bank so badly! So hopefully she will be as good as new in a matter of weeks. *I'm keeping my fingers crossed because if this doesn't straighten her leg out we then have to go to an orthopedic to have pins put in to make it straight.*

You are a wonderful person!

I am so sorry for this bad "surprise". It feels frustrating.

I am kind of shocked the shelter's staff misinformed you about your doggie's health or didn't tell you the truth. I adopted a dog who was ill too, but after I signed all papers I was not entitled to blame on the kennel in any case. In addition, you have no proofs to show the dog was bad before you adopter her.

Nevertheless, one thing I know is that you can ask the shelter to remove the pellet for free, as well as you can ask for vaccines, sterilization and so on for free. You can give a contribution if you want but they can't ask you $$$ if it's a public pound. I'd ask my lawyer anyway. I think you deserve help!!!

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    $10??? Wow! I paid $200 each for my two rescue dogs!
    Where I live adoption is totally free and you can own more than 3 dogs (I remeber people were shocked that Penis Hilton owned more than 3). Apart from the bargain itself, what I am proud of is that kennels here do not kill animals for room problems :-)
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information