Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Putting a cat to sleep

Thanks for posting this, I forgot about it too.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Sunshine hope things are good with your kitty... I donot think you neglected your cat... You can only do what you can.... If you loved her and she knew it , that is the best anyone could expect from you. Including her.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Elite Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. So I had a very long conversation with the vet. Since she's almost 16, the vet said that giving insulin is not a guarentee. She may never stabilize. Even 10yrs old is better. Also, while we stabilize her blood, her tumor will grow and then she'd suffer/pass on from that. So today we put her down. It was so hard, but she was so weak. Everything in my gut told me it was her time. She was just not herself. So, as you can imagine, it's pretty tough but you guys all took the time to comment and help and it really did. So, thank you so much.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm so sorry, may she rest in peace, you and find some comfort in the coming days....

so sorry about your kitty!!!!!!
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

I'm so sorry about your kitty. I'm glad you are at peace with your decision. I never thought i would be able to make it either but i think there is a moment when your soul communicates with your baby and you know that it's the right thing to do. Many happy memories and know she'll always be with you.

So sad. It's so painful to lose an animal. I am convinced that it can be every bit as painful as losing a loved person.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Elite Member

Thank you so much, guys. Yes, it's been difficult. I mean, it comes and goes, you try to distract yourself. I haven't moved anything yet. Having her for so long, it's a hard transition not to see that cute face every morning. I know she's in heaven waiting for me. Thanx everyone for your sympathies.

You were her Angel. You don't need to move anything yet.
    She will still be inside you.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Elite Member

Thank you all. The funeral was Tuesday. She's at a pet cemetary in Dedham, Mass, the oldest pet cemetary in the country actually. They put her in a box, and my mom bought a blanket. It was baby blue and said Angel with a halo on the edge. So, they wrapped her up, with the Angel edge over her face. ((( I was kinda scared to look at her, but she looked very cute, like she was sleeping, fluffl=y and comfortable. We buried her and put some pink tulips. I guess we'll get a plaque in the summertime, because I can't afford it now. It was very peaceful. Just have to get used to an empty house. Thanx again everyone.
    Last edited by SunShine23; January 12th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Awwww really that is so great. I've never been able to have a funeral like that. What a wonderful ritual of closure for you and your family.

Elite Member

Thanx Mira It's nice to have a place to go to see her, you know. It doesn't feel like she's gone and that's it. It helps to know we can be with her, at least in spirit somewhere.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    So sad. It's so painful to lose an animal. I am convinced that it can be every bit as painful as losing a loved person.
    i agree..they are special people in yuour life after a little while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information