Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Psycho pets stray kitten, throws it into garbage can on CCTV

Incapable of empathy.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Oh yeah, I'm sure the cat thought it was a real hoot being trapped in there!

Thank goodness she doesn't have pets.

I know some people choose to be single, but in her case, I'm betting her personality has something to do with it.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^Good thing or her husband might find himself in a dumpster.

She is just cold blooded. If you look at the video, she carefully looks both ways to see if anyone is watching.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

It was bound to happen...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyI51a463E&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Funny^^^

That kitty looks just like my cat and it is so friendly walking/jumping right up to her to say "Hi how are you today" and she just throws it in the garbage. She had 15 hrs to check on the cat to make sure he wiggled out, she's sick gutter slime and I hope they do arrest her and make her life a living hell. Stunts like these are what some early stage Alzheimers patients do. Maybe she has a tumor coz she also doesn't sound stable.

There's gotta be some mental illness going on here. No rational person does this unless they're a sociopath to some degree. I'm starting to feel bad for her just incase it is an undiagnosed mental illness and/or grief over her ill father. She should definitely be monitored and checked out psychologically, she's a danger to society and probably herself.

^^ I have to agree. She seemed to have a really creepy smile on her face as she was doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    That was great, Honey.

Hopefully the cat won't have trust issues with humans.
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyI51a463E&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]
    Actually, I wouldn't mind that happening in real life to this lady, now THAT would be a viral video extravaganza.

oh yeah! Update:

20 September 2010 Last updated at 11:30 ET
    Coventry woman charged over cat bin dumping

Woman charged in relation to cat in bin CCTV

A woman from Coventry who was filmed dumping a cat in a wheelie bin has been charged with animal cruelty offences.
    Mary Bale, of St Michael's Road, has been charged with causing unnecessary suffering to a cat and of not providing the animal with a suitable environment.
    The incident happened in August and the RSPCA said it was taking the 45-year-old to court under the Animal Welfare Act of 2006.
    She is due to appear before Coventry Magistrates Court on 19 October.
    The RSPCA said it had served Ms Bale with a court summons on Sunday.
    BBC News - Coventry woman charged over cat bin dumping

-- Stephen Hawking

Woman who shocked the nation after putting cat in a bin is banned from keeping pets for five years and fined just 250

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 8:05 PM on 19th October 2010

Guilty: Mary Bale arrives at court today where she admitted causing unnecessary suffering to four-year-old tabby Lola

A bank worker who sparked an international outcry after putting a cat in a wheelie bin was today banned from keeping animals for five years and fined 250.

Mary Bale, 45, was caught on CCTV stroking four-year-old tabby Lola before picking her up by the scruff of her neck and dropping her into the bin.
    Lola was trapped for 15 hours before her owners Stephanie Andrews-Mann, 24, and husband Darryl, 26, finally found her the following morning.
    The footage sparked a nationwide hunt for Bale and led to fury and threats from animal lovers - and resulted in Bale being given police protection.

As evidence was given in court today, Bale - wearing a dark suit and white blouse - sat sipping from a plastic cup before bowing her head as details of the case were read out.
    Showing the judge stills from the CCTV on his laptop, RSPCA prosecutor Nick Sutton said it was clear Bale's actions were deliberate.
    He said: "The defendant says she doesn't know why she picked it (the cat) up and didn't intend any massive distress with the cat and she does not know why she did it.
    'That does not fit with what we see. She plainly looked to see if anyone was watching which means she was clearly aware of the moral position she was in at that time.'

In court it was revealed that Bale had actually stopped and stroked Lola on several days before the attack on her way home from visiting her seriously ill father in hospital.
    In mitigation, solicitor David Murray said his client's actions were impulsive and caused little or no injury.

He said: 'There is no evidence to say the cat has not made a full recovery, the court will of course be concerned as to why this matter happened.
    'Mary Bale has asked herself the same questions for the last two months.'
    He added: 'After going to the hospital daily with her mother to see her father she would then walk to her own house.
    'The cat was often on the wall seeking attention and she would stroke it. She cannot explain why her behaviour changed on this occasion.'

Miss Bale is shown stroking the cat...

... before dropping the tabby in the wheelie bin

Mr Murray also stressed that his client had been suffering from depression.

'She indicated in interview that she actually had very little recollection of it.,' he said.

'She was confronted by members of the press six days later when she made a full admission.
    'Because of her father's condition she was not eating, she was not sleeping. She had subsequently been signed off work for anxiety and depression.
    'She has taken full responsibility for her actions although you might say that the video footage gave her no alternative.'

She admitted in court to causing unnecessary suffering to an animal but a second charge of failing to provide the cat with a suitable environment, contrary to the 2006 Animal Welfare Act, was dropped.
    The maximum sentence for her charge is six months in prison or a 20,000 fine, but sentencing District Judge Caroline Goulborn ordered her to pay just 200, a 50 victim surcharge and 1,171.04 costs.
    She was also banned from keeping or owning animals for the next five years.

Outcry: Bale attracted huge interest from the media as she left court today...

... as did Lola, who was filmed by a TV crew today as well

District judge Caroline Goulborn told Miss Bale the potential of the offence to have caused harm to the cat was substantial, but in reality it had not been hurt.

She said: 'The media interest in this case has resulted in you being vilified in some quarters and I have taken that into account.'

Judge Goulborn added: 'I accept that you were in a stressful situation at the time, but that's no excuse for what you did.'
    Mail Online was inundated with comments from outraged readers after we published the CCTV images in August.

But when Miss Bale was finally tracked down, she claimed the outcry had been blown out of all proportion.
    'I don't know what the fuss is about,' she said. 'It's just a cat.'

She added that she had just been walking home on a Saturday when she saw the cat and decided to play with it.

But she told the Sun that she 'suddenly thought it would be funny' to put it in the bin.
    'I did it as a joke because I thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped, I expected it to wriggle out,' she said.
    Referring to the CCTV footage, she told how she could not believe it was being seen around the world and was afraid it would upset her family.

She said: 'I don't know what my relatives will think but to be honest I think everyone is overreacting a bit.'
    While Miss Bale admitted she should not have done it, she said she did not deserve to be 'hated' by everyone and assumed the cat would find its own way out the bin.

Her mother also insisted the unmarried bank clerk 'loved cats' - and had even kept them as pets as a child.

Home safe: Lola with her owner Darryl Mann, 26, shortly after she was found

Celia Bale, 78, said: 'She's my daughter and as far as I'm concerned she is the most caring person you could ever wish to meet.

'She had cats when she was a little girl and has never shown any cruelty to animals before in her life - she loves animals.

'I talked to her on the phone today and she can't explain why she did it or what got into her head, only that she really regrets it.'
    Today the RSPCA welcomed the court's decision.

Nicola Foster, an inspector from the animal charity, said: 'This was a deliberate act and could have had far worse consequences as the defendant had no way of knowing if there was anything like broken glass in the bin, nor how long the cat would be there before she was found, nor if the bin was due to be emptied.
    'We are pleased that the court agreed that a complete disregard was shown for the cat’s welfare and hope that this sentence will act as a deterrent to anyone who feels that it is acceptable to mistreat animals in any way.'

Sauce: Mary Bale: Cat bin woman fined and banned from keeping pets | Mail Online

-- Stephen Hawking

I demand angry villagers chase her down with pitchforks and burn her at the stake.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I think the only thing worse than what she did was she had no explanation for it...

I just don't know what came over me.. Ridiculous!
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information