Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it possible to love animals yet eat meat/wear fur, leather...

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    xoxo. I admire the way you have done this post in a very non- judgemental way. No one got angered & we have just agreed to disagree with both sides having new things to mull over. I appreciate that!
    Agreed! it was actually very refreshing. Usually, these sorts of threads get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    we do have teeth made for ripping flesh, they're called canines. and humans can eat raw meat without getting sick. steak tartare, anyone? sushi? we've just lost the habit in the thousands of years since we discovered fire.
    biologically, humans are omnivores. therefore there's no need to 'justify' eating meat. which is not to say that one shouldn't try to do so in a way that is as humane as possible.
    it's fine if you choose not to eat meat, what isn't is thinking that's better. it's a bit more complicated than that. your plastic shoes? they might not be made from animals, but producing plastics is harmful to the environment, and do you know how long it's going to take for that shoe to bio-degrade after you're done using it?
    So you mean to tell me that you can go chase down a cow, kill it with your bare hands, and eat it, skin and brains and bones, and not get sick, like a lion or bear would?
    Well my shoes aren't 100% plastic...I wear New Balances and the majority of them is fabric...and I'd like to think that whatever damage my shoes cause to the environment is made up by me not eating meat which causes a tremendous amount of damage to the environment due to excessive factory farming.

The minute they let me cook and eat humans.....I will give up eating animals and fish........until then......if you try to take my steak......just remember that I have a knife and fork........

The worst thing a human can do to the environment is be born....the second worst is to reproduce.......

I agree with you cynic touch my food and i'll cut your ass lol

I must be a horrible person for the environment
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I'll claim one of your kids and save you the environmental "reproduction tax", if you let me claim him or her on my income taxes? Deal? But, don't go sending me any in boxes with air holes.....I don't want to live with small people........actually......any people.......but small ones are usually noisier......

Yep, me and you killing the wild cow herds.....keeping America safe........

lol hell no I dread the day the get too old for me to claim. I know people should thank us for protecting them from the crazy wild cow stampedes
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    do you guys think it is possible to do those things and still be fond of animals? or do you find that to be hypocritical?
    No, it's not possible. Anyone who thinks they *need* meat isn't familiar with the nutrition literature. Or the ADA's stance on vegetarianism. Or the statistics for CHD, colon cancer, longevity, etc. etc.

I am a vegan, not a hypocrite.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information