Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Police arrest evil bitch who burned dog on stove (RIP Bobo)

At least Colorado is one of the forerunner states in treating animal cruelty like a real crime. There's no way this woman won't do time.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

More than 250 donations totaling more than $10,000 have been made in less than 24 hours to help pay for the care of Bobo, the Yorkshire terrier allegedly burned by his owner in Lakewood.
    "Online donations started really flooding in late Monday," Ben Drotar, director of development for the Table Mountain Animal Center, said this morning.
    "They range from $10 to $1,000," Drotar said.
    Tanya M. Martin, 38, is being held in the Jefferson County jail for investigation of cruelty to animals and fourth-degree arson.
    Lakewood police say that after a neighbor made a call about smoke, they discovered that Bobo had been hog-tied over the flames of a stove.
    Relatives say Martin suffers from mental illness.
    Drotar said Bobo's medical bills and care may come to as much as $15,000 — "worst case scenario."
    If the donations exceed the cost of care, they will go into the Westy Fund for abused animals. That fund was established after Westy, a cat, was burned, thrown out a car window and left for dead in 2001.
    She was treated at the Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, as was Bobo.
    Some animal lovers worry that Bobo is being kept alive despite being in a lot of pain.
    Drotar said that despite burns over his legs, Bobo is hanging in there pretty well.
    "There's good reason to continue to provide care.
    "Burns are very painful, but a big part of his treatment is pain management," he said. "He is being heavily sedated as they take care of his skin. The first 72 hours are going to be the most telling."
    Doctors give Bobo about a 50/50 chance.
    "At any time the doctors don't think (the treatment regimen) is in Bobo's best interest ... we'll make whatever decision is in the animal's best interest."

Donations can be made to "Bobo's Care" at Table Mountain Animal Center Foundation, P.O. Box 270587, Louisville, CO, 80027. For more information go to Table Mountain Animal Center - Home and find "Help Bobo the Burned Dog."

Donations pour in to help dog Bobo after he was set afire : Local News : The Rocky Mountain News

If they are managing his pain, I hope they do everything in their power to keep him alive.

Bless his sweet heart. I keep clicking in this thread reading the new info, but it tears my heart out every time.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I hope this precious baby pulls through in as little pain as possible. This is so heartbreaking.

Angry

No words!

Bobo the Yorkshire terrier is in stable condition one day after he was hogtied and set on fire over a stove, a veterinarian said Monday.
    In the meantime, the woman who allegedly burned her dog appeared in Jefferson County Court Monday and was advised she is being held for investigation of cruelty to animals and fourth-degree arson. Tanya M. Martin, 38, also was ordered held on $10,000 bail.
    Veterinarians said they were cautiously optimistic about 6- year-old Bobo's prognosis.
    "One of his biggest hurdles is whether or not he gets an infection," said Elisa M. Mazzaferro, the director of emergency services at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital. "It's too soon to tell if he's out of the woods."
    Bobo suffered burns to more than 50 percent of his body. The serious injuries were to his tongue, lower jaw and feet pads.
    "He's lost most of his feet pads," she said. However, the terrier's trunk, torso and abdominal areas were spared.
    Veterinarians treating Bobo also learned that he's deaf, Mazzaferro said.
    The hospital desperately is seeking a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to help deliver oxygen to Bobo's damaged tissues. Dead skin on the dog's body could be a major source for infection, Mazzaferro explained.
    Lakewood police officers who found the dog inside Martin's apartment on Sunday morning learned that veterinarians found speaker wires wrapped around Bobo's four legs, according to court papers. Officers also found that the wires were attached to the stove where the terrier had been hogtied over the flames.
    A neighbor told officers that he saw smoke coming from Martin's apartment on Sunday and went to check on Martin. The neighbor said he heard the dog crying and found it on fire on the stove top, according to an affidavit. Officers tried to question Martin but described her as speaking incoherently and refusing to make statements about the dog.
    A relative said Martin suffers from mental illness.

How to help
    The Table Mountain Animal Center is accepting donations to help pay for Bobo's medical treatment.
    People can mail their donations to Table Mountain Animal Center Foundation, P.O. Box 270587, Louisville, CO 80027. Write "Bobo's Care" on the checks.
    People wishing to make a donation online can go to www.tablemountainanimals.org and find "Help Bobo the Burned Dog."
    Last edited by HelpMeRhonda; October 22nd, 2008 at 08:22 AM.

The hospital desperately is seeking a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to help deliver oxygen to Bobo's damaged tissues.
    Hopefully, with so many people tuned in to how he's doing, someone will know how to get one.

Hang on, Bobo.

If she loved that dog so much then why did the crazy bitch set it on fire? Her family needs to get real.

I hope this nut gets put away. Nobody should be able to get away with doing this kind of shit.

Jailed owner, Bobo were fast friends
    Friends say the woman was off her medication when the Yorkshire terrier was burned.
    By Carlos Illescas
    The Denver Post
    Article Last Updated: 10/22/2008 09:37:39 AM MDT

Tanya Martin refused to answer any questions about the dog.

Oct 21:
    Lakewood Terrier recovering after being burnedOct 20:
    Dog tied up, burned in Lakewood recoveringOct 19:
    Lakewood dog burned on stoveTanya Martin and her dog, Bobo, went everywhere together. She talked to him like he was her child.

She had even purchased doggie clothes so the 6-year-old Yorkshire terrier would look just right when she took him for a walk.

But Martin, a diagnosed schizophrenic, had been off her medication for several months.

Then something inside her must have snapped, those who know her say, to make her place her beloved dog on top of a phone book, hogtie him with speaker wire and then set him on the stove to burn Sunday.

"No one has a clue why her mind took her that way when she loved her dog so dearly," said Martin's mother, Arleen Ornelas.

Martin, 38, is in the Jefferson County jail, charged with animal cruelty and fourth-degree arson.

Tanya Martin faces charges after her terrier was badly burned. (Lakewood Police)

Bobo is in stable condition at Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital with burns over half his body. Veterinarians are unsure if he will survive.
    Martin had gotten Bobo about a year ago, her mother said, from the Denver Dumb Friends League. Bobo was deaf, but Martin fell in love with the dog, Ornelas said, so she took him home anyway. They played like any normal owner and pet would.

But earlier this year, Ornelas said, Martin quit taking her medication because it made her gain weight. That's when her family and others noticed big changes in her. She would talk to herself, imagine people coming into her Lakewood apartment and stealing things and she became extremely rude.

"Something must have snapped," said Marcie Neimes, manager of the Concordia Apartment Homes in Lakewood, where Martin lived until last month when she was forced to move because she was causing too much trouble. "That dog was her friend."

Ornelas said she called Jefferson County Social Services for help over the past several months. Neimes also worked with the Lakewood Housing Authority to get Martin a more secure place to live with the assistance she needs.

But something failed.

"If she gets her mind clear and realizes what she did to that dog, I don't know what's going to happen to her," Ornelas said.

Table Mountain Animal Center Foundation is accepting donations for the medical care of Bobo.

Those wishing to donate toward Bobo's medical care can visit tablemountainanimals.org and follow the instructions to donate securely online. Donations also may be sent to Table Mountain Animal Center Foundation, P.O. Box 270587, Louisville, CO 80027.
    Jailed owner, Bobo were fast friends - The Denver Post

Kill the bitch.

Aww, poor Bobo is deaf to boot!!

I'm with you on this one, Sweetie, Kill the Bitch!!!

Unhappy

Bobo the Yorkshire terrier burned by his owner, dies

Preston Gannaway / The Rocky
    At Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, Beth Heaton, right, and Jackie Connors monitor Bobo, a Yorkshire terrier, who suffered second- and third-degree burns on Sunday. Bobo's owner was booked into jail on suspicion of arson and animal cruelty.

More Local News

More stories »

Sadly, the Yorkshire terrier clinging to life after his owner purposely burned him, died early this morning.
    The shock of the burns apparently did damage to his kidneys, pancreas and other internal organs, veterinarian Elisa Mazzaferro said this morning.
    "He suffered cardio-pulmonary arrest. He didn't suffer, he was comfortable."
    Bobo suffered burns over his legs and other parts of his body after his owner allegedly hog-tied him and set him on fire over a stove on Sunday.
    Relatives of Tanya M. Martin, 38, of Lakewood, say she suffers from mental illness. She has been charged with cruelty to animals and fourth-degree arson.
    As recently as Wednesday, the Bobo hotline was sounding optimistic: "Bobo was resting comfortably today, greeting us and interacting with his surroundings," said the message. The message said veterinarians were hopeful that a special skin treatment could hasten Bobo's recovery and return him to normal.
    On Wednesday, Mazzaferro brought Bobo into a hpyerbaric chamber in Lakewood donated by animal-lover Dr. Alex Thermos.
    "It was very peaceful in there," Mazzaferro said. "We took a nap together."
    But afterward, when they did surgery to remove some of Bobo's dead tissue, "it showed that some of the organs were failing," she said.
    "The burns we could see were only the tip of the iceberg," Mazzaferro said. The failed organs were "the internal consequences from the external burns."
    Mazzaferro noted that Bobo was given generous does of pain medicine. Up to the end, "he was alert and responsible and very comfortable. He wasn't suffering."
    Coloradans, stirred by the story of the burned dog, had donated more than $23,000 as of Wednesday afternoon for Bobo's care, said Ben Drotar, director of marketing for Table Mountain Animal Center. The average donation was $53.
    "We'll more than likely be well over what was required for Bobo's care," Drotar said. The remainder will go into the Westy Fund, a pot of money to help abused animals. "The response was tremendous."
    The Wheat Ridge Animal Hospital, where Mazzaferro is director of emergency services, provided Bobo's treatment.
    The Table Mountain Animal Center organized the fund-raising campaign and oversees the Westy Fund.
    "It's very sad," Mazzaferro said. "It's not a good day over here."

I feel sick now.

Rest in peace, sweet Bobo.

I hope that evil, repugnant bitch that killed him suffers in whatever way would inflict the most agony on her.

Oh, no I feel sick, too....and so sad.

Poor Bobo trusted this worthless piece of shit to take care of him and this is how she betrayed him.

It's times like this that I wish I believed in hell so this fucking bitch would go there and rot and burn! Ahhh, I'm so angry, mad and sad all at the same time.

I hope she burns in a vat of acid.

RIP!

I can't even begin to tell you what I hope happens to this bitch. I wish I could do it myself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information