Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help! Baby Robin fell (pushed???) from nest

Sad story, Cherrypye. I was hoping the little guy would pull through.

Constance, I'm sad to hear about those little birds too. Watching them grow, we get so invested in their little lives that its sad when it doesn't work out.

The other 2 birds have gotten so chubby in the last two days. They look so healthy, it will be exciting when they fly off for the first time.

Thanks again for the kind words and the advice guys. And seriously, consider supporting your local wildlife rehab center. They are doing some great work.

Aww, Cherry...I'm sorry to hear that you lost the little guy. You did a really good thing and did your best. You have a big heart

Thanks Kris.

I just wanted to share some happy news: the two remaining baby birds started flying today. It's so cute; their little bodies are still chubbish and they kinda hop from the nest and flap their wings like mad...then right before they hit the ground, their flying abilities kick in. Their experience consists of flying to the lamp on the garage, and to the tree in the front yard and back to the nest. Their parents are flying all around them as the babies figure it out.

It's cute to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    Thanks Kris.

I just wanted to share some happy news: the two remaining baby birds started flying today. It's so cute; their little bodies are still chubbish and they kinda hop from the nest and flap their wings like mad...then right before they hit the ground, their flying abilities kick in. Their experience consists of flying to the lamp on the garage, and to the tree in the front yard and back to the nest. Their parents are flying all around them as the babies figure it out.

It's cute to watch.
    Isn't that fun! We had a yard full of newbies tis spring and it was a trat to watch.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I kind of knew there was something wrong as soon as you said he was breathing shallowly. We've had a few baby birds here and there and if they're away from Mama, the nest or the other babies, they practically hyperventilate (in my experience).

We had a robin's nest for the second time a few months ago. Perched right on our back door light (same place the first time too). We watched her make the nest. Then my husband would hold his hand up past the nest and take pictures. One egg each day for three days. Then she just disappeared a few days before they should have hatched. We left them in there in hopes that should she would come back or they would miraculously hatch on their own. We chased away huge ravens a few times. After a week of keeping the eggs being taken as a meal, something finally got to them. No shells or anything in the nest or in the yard anywhere. These particular eggs were the most beautiful turquoise blue instead of the usual Tiffany blue or robin's egg blue. So sad.

Oh Cheorrypye, Bless you for trying and caring so about the poor baby. I'd have been just like you, worrying and stressing over it. We are kindred spirits.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information