Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please exercise your pet!

Default Re: Please exercise your pet!

One of my cats is huge. Only you have to realize he's big for a cat to begin with. His head is like the size of a softball (or maybe bigger). I was looking at him a couple nights ago, and pointed out to my daughter that he has the build of a tiger. But he really looks more like a burmese type, with the coloring and all. At any rate, although there are breeds mixed with wild cats, I doubt he is, because he's just too sweet

Quote Originally Posted by moocow
    One of my cats is huge. Only you have to realize he's big for a cat to begin with. His head is like the size of a softball (or maybe bigger). I was looking at him a couple nights ago, and pointed out to my daughter that he has the build of a tiger. But he really looks more like a burmese type, with the coloring and all. At any rate, although there are breeds mixed with wild cats, I doubt he is, because he's just too sweet

I'd like to see a picture of your baby!

Here you go
    You can't really get a good idea of his size from this, but he is a total sweety.

He is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful fur!

My cat was getting kind of porky (I have no idea why, my other two are normal), but ever since I got the bunny he's toned up. They chase each other around the house, and he's taken a new interest in toys.

Moocow, that is a beautiful cat. Is he a blue point? He looks just like my blue point Tonkinese.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Glasgow - I'm not sure what he is exactly. He was rescued from some guy living in a trailer. A friend of mine's sister-in-law couldn't bear to see him like that. When she took him to the vet, he had ear mites, fleas, and was really scrawny. They said that he was 4 months old. We took him in because he was so adorable. It's one of those things where I said I'll look, but I'm not making promises. But you know how it is, if you go look, you'll get it.

We figured at 4 months, he really wasn't getting any bigger. But then he started growing and we figured he just was stunted a bit because of the bad conditions. Only when he started getting bigger than the other cats, we realized that he was only 2 months at the time we got him.

He only realizes how big he is in some ways. He doesn't realize that he could squash the other cats, and when they start picking on him (on occasion) he runs.

He is one of the sweetest kitties you'll ever meet. We almost lost him when he was 2 (he's going on 5 now), because he got a blocked urinary tract. But after spending about $1000 he got all better.

The woman who gave him up in the first place (because she already had 4 cats, she said she couldn't be a single woman and have FIVE!), she'd die to get him back. But we kept him

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My dog is chubby and the vet's been telling us to put him on a diet for years and years. But what they don't realize is that we picked the biggest pup from the litter, he's actually big boned .
    The vets at our veterinary hospital told us a healthy pug should weigh somewhere between 18-19lb. And the health/diet technician person was telling me that a pug at that weight looks somewhat anorexic cuz we are all used to seeing pudgy ones but that's how they are supposed to be.
    My pug weighed 20lb at his lightest and now he's maybe 24lb so yea he's back on a diet.
    I think 20lb is pretty good, I really think 18-19lb for a pug would be underweight. There are certain breeds that tend to be heavier like bulldogs but it doesn't necessarily mean they are fat though it might look that way. There's this lady at the front desk in our building and she always comments how my dog looks fat, I'm so sick of it. Pugs look chubby and that's how it is!!!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Cats are affected by bone mass, muscle mass etc. just like humans are though. Just like one person can weigh 130 pounds and be a size 2, another could weigh the same and be a size 8. My cat is actually 14 pounds, but he is not at all overweight, he's very long and lean. He doesn't even look like a "bigger" cat. He's got very dense fur and, I guess, a lot of muscle for a cat? And I guess a cat's "length" is not so obvious as a human's "height", but that's basically what it is, their height. My cat is probably the cat equivalent of about a 6'5" person!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Hit By Ban Bus!

Cesar Milan guilted me into walking my dogs everyday.... for 45 minutes. I have two ten year old dogs and one 3 year old dog. I confess sometimes when I don't feel like walking I'm happy to let the 3 year old pull me along.

They do not over eat, or get "much" people food.

We're still having to take it easy with Barney as far as exercise goes, since he's still growing, but he just loves his walks. He's a typical collie I suppose, and would happily walk forever given the chance.

He gets a 45 minute walk round the river daily, which is considerably more than the vet recommends for a 5 month old pup, but he's so hyper that he needs a good walk, or he just tears around the house destroying everything in his path. We take him round the block 4-5 times a day too, just for a short wander to stop him getting bored and destructive and to let him meet other dogs.

I personally can't wait till he's old enough to go for really long walks. Hopefully I'll lose a few pounds in the process too.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^^ I lost 25 pounds. It's better than treadmilling btw one of my dogs treadmills too.

Petunia, my Pug, was a little thin when I adopted her. she was a shelter rescue and I let her get a little overweight, but she is on a diet now and I"m trying to be strict. she begs and loves her food, so it's hard, but I want her to be healthy and live a long time, so I do it! she loves fresh veggies and fruits as snacks, so that's good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information