Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitbull puppy burned with acid draws worldwide anger

Gold Member

Default Re: Pitbull puppy burned with acid draws worldwide anger

A*O, Let me guess your NOT a pitbull owner

I have on MANY occasions had dogs off leash come running up to me and my dog on a public street. The owner always yells "So and So is friendly" Yeah I couldn't tell with his scruff sticking up and his stiff tail I have to pick up my 50lb pitbull and hold her while pushing away the dog(who has in the meantime has transformed into a pogo stick) with my foot. One time a dog reached my dog and attacked me. I hobbled home with a huge gash on my leg. Ever since then, I am very WEARY of any dog off leash. Dogs behave differently on and off of leashes.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

A*O

OK - I picked it immediately. I'm not as stupid/ignorant as I look
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    That's exactly the point... they will pick other breeds instead... so banning a breed isn't a SOLUTION to any problem.

And no, I wasn't joking... a lot of dogs do PLAY at dog parks. Did you check those links? I'd like to know if you properly identified the pitbull on the first try. Humor me.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
    I did just to see what it was. People seriously think that some of those dogs are pitbulls? Most don't even fit the CARTOON stereotype (seriously, a jack russell...?), let alone general misconceptions.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I'm not impressed by pitt bulls for the same reason as AO. My old across the street neighbor had one and it would drag her while it was on a leash trying to get to me and my kids when we were in our own front yards. I dashed too many times away from that maniac even as it's owner kept cooing how sweet it was. It tried to attack anything that moved on the block and the owner was useless at attempting to control it. It drug her around the yard.

No one has any business owning any sort of dog they don't have the physical strength to control or is of a vicious temper like that in a neighborhood where others will come into contact with it. You want to keep an evil beast like that buy a damn farm.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Rizzo
    That's exactly the point... they will pick other breeds instead... so banning a breed isn't a SOLUTION to any problem.

And no, I wasn't joking... a lot of dogs do PLAY at dog parks. Did you check those links? I'd like to know if you properly identified the pitbull on the first try. Humor me.

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html
    I got it on the first try, but I have an advantage. I can name all those breeds, I use to hang out at dog shows and show my Mastiff. All those breeds look similiar but not alike, 9/10 people ask me if my dog is a boxer. I can't see it, but many people think she looks like one.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My dog often gets mistaken for a bulldog puppy...(though he's pure bred Pug).
    I think it's easy to mistake pitbulls with others, too esp there are a lot of mixed breeds now.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I think it's easy to mistake pitbulls with others, too esp there are a lot of mixed breeds now.
    Alot of people have no idea what breed my pugs are, and the first guess is usually bulldog....
    Is it Happy Hour yet?

Quote Originally Posted by moomies
    I'm suspicious too... little doggie with a bulldog's face, Japanese owner, I think we have a clear cas of BONSAI BULLDOG here
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    I did just to see what it was. People seriously think that some of those dogs are pitbulls? Most don't even fit the CARTOON stereotype (seriously, a jack russell...?), let alone general misconceptions.
    Oh yes, some people really do get those dogs confused. There was a girl on a another board who had a Sharpei (the dogs with the big thick wrinkles all over) in her condo, and her neighbors thought it was a pit bull and wouldn't go near it. Even when she tried to explain that it wasn't, they didn't believe her, and they filed a complaint with the management! It was hysterical and ridiculous.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information