Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pit Bulls: most dangerous, or least understood?

Default Re: Pit Bulls: most dangerous, or least understood?

Gonflable, i can only speak about the Doberman I owned... she was the sweetest dog I've ever had. Gentle, loving, docile, playful... Dobermans had a reputation for a while as being dangerous attack dogs, but that's mostly a thing of the past in America, imo. My girl wouldn't have bitten a flea... and she had been abused as a puppy before we got her. My uncle found her on the highway and she'd been burnt with cigarettes all over her head and back when she was about 4 months old. We took her in and she turned out nicer than any dog I've had. I still miss her.

I must admit I am scared of pitbulls because of all the hype about them in the media.

Silver Member

I was terrified when I first got my pit bull. I did not know what to expect!

Any dog can be dangerous, just as any other animal can be. It depends on how they were brought up.

I used to be scared of pitbulls until I got a job in an animal shelter for a few years and saw that 99% of the time they were owned by druggie scumbags or anti-social types. The dogs are so very smart and don't do well in a kennel situation. If you're interested in learning more about the breed, or want to help homeless animals, become a dog walker at the nearest shelter. They get dumped all the time whether at a shelter or tied up to a tree with an open bag of dog food, and we had one pit that went crazy in the mind because he didn't understand why he had to be in a kennel for so long with nothing to do but pace. Make sure the shelters in your area have strong Kong type toys that can have peanut butter on them and other things to keep this breed's mind busy in a kennel environment. Hope I don't sound preachy, it's just that I worked for 3 years at the animal shelter (no kill) and witnessed far too many pit tragedies but I DO have success stories of pitbulls finding the right home after a lengthy shelter stay. The right family should not have a same sex dog or any unaltered pets, nor kids under 10 (unless its a puppy), most likely without cats as they have a small prey drive. that isn't every pit but a generalization, and most of all, a family that will provide strong leadership and love.

most likely without cats as they have a small prey drive.
    Yeah that drive is the problem.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think a new thread would have been okay seeing as how this one is 4.5 years old.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'll never meet a pit bull as they are banned here, (poor things end up in the wrong hands), but I watch a lot of animal cops so I can see how lovely they can be.

Yes this thead is so old!

My nephews 2 rescue pitts- Brad & Angelina-are so sweet and my sister has 2 indoor cats and cares for at least 8 more feral cats (neutered by her!) that are in & out. The Pitts are terrified of the cats and have never chased or tried to hurt one. In fact the cats delight in getting up high & swatting the Pitts as the walk by. The Pitts just appear wounded by this catly rudeness. Then, they all snuggle together for naps.
    These dogs are neutered and well trained. They are loved and secure. The male rides shotgun when my nephew drives, the female in the back seat, supervising.
    These dogs should be owned by firm owners-not to be indulged like a lap dog.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

A*O

Gonflable, muchlove, snakebread.... where are they now?
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

As they say, holy necro thread

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUV1oTciznE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Love that video!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My gawd that was one of the sweetest vids. That bunny and the dog, awwww! I want that beautiful cat.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I love pitbulls. Our family used to have one and he was the sweetest, most docile, funny, goofy dog ever.

If you raise them to be a terror, like any dog, they will be. People generally are afraid of them and I am not naive to that and their stats.

I would walk the little man on his leash down the street and some people would shy away. And then some others would walk to play with him and he would lap it up. He looved to be fawned over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information