Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets we have loved and lost

Josie reminds me of my black lab so much, what a beauty she was

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Josie reminds me of my black lab so much, what a beauty she was
    Thank you, Honey Your sweet little Honey was just beautiful. I'm sorry you lost her way too soon

My heart goes out to all of you who have lost your fur babies. We have lost all of our pets in the last six months, except for one kitty, Kirby. Of course, we know have our sweet Toby who is doing wonders in healing our heart.
    Last edited by KrisNine; February 28th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Silver Member

Dear McJag!

I have a very similar story in that I let my 16 year old standard poodle (the love of my life) live a couple of months too long. He died when I had to go away for 24 hours for a wedding and my stupid dog sitter (Hula Hula hop) panicked and let him die on the floor. I will never forgive myself either for not letting my noble beautiful dog have a dignfied death. Alas, but we must forgive ourselves and only remember how we spoiled them. xx

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My story is the opposite. My vet advised putting our 13 year old dachshund to sleep. I just couldn't do it. Stupid. I had to be with him when he died and watch him suffer horribly. I made him suffer for my own selfish reasons. He trusted me and I let him down. You can damn well believe I am never going to forget that.
    He came to us at age 4 after his owners divorce. My son was 4. It was love at first sniff. They were a dynamic duo. Once, my hubby was throwing my son up in the air and we heard this low,blood freezing growl. We all froze & my son was gently put back on the ground. We had to lock him up when playmates came over-if they were having a sword fight, the dog would try to nip the butt of the opposing swordsman! Best dog,ever!
    My sweet Ginger-gone this past December. My faithful companion. My hand maiden. My lap warmer. This time I could see it coming and planned ahead. This time I listened to the vet-that helped. Because of her, I now have another great doggie-rescued from the shelter. He was junked by his owners at age 4. We have forged a new happy life together and the grief is more bearable for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by pwry View Post
    Dear McJag!

I have a very similar story in that I let my 16 year old standard poodle (the love of my life) live a couple of months too long. He died when I had to go away for 24 hours for a wedding and my stupid dog sitter (Hula Hula hop) panicked and let him die on the floor. I will never forgive myself either for not letting my noble beautiful dog have a dignfied death. Alas, but we must forgive ourselves and only remember how we spoiled them. xx
    It's tough. How dare I think I knew more than the vet? Stupid. Never again. Bad lesson to learn.
    I am glad you told me how old your standard was when he died. Mine is 6 now and I was afraid to check on his lifespan. He is my bosom buddy,too! That helped. Thank you!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

When my daughter wanted a dog she really looked into it. She decided on shar-pei's. She found a reputable breeder about 4 hours away. She picked up Mulan (the blonde) and they gave her Ushi at half price.

Mulan and Ushi were my grandpuppies, when they came to stay with me my daughter packed their diaper bag and all their stuff. Mulan sat on my lap, watched TV with me and ate popcorn. She would never pee in the grass if it rained. She always looked like she was posing.

When they both reached 6 years old they became very ill, Ushi passed first. I thought Mulan was just missing her sister but then Mulan got very sick, I was cooking her chicken and feeding it to her by hand. I took her to the vet, I called my daughter and told her she had to take Mulan back to the vet to be put to sleep. She held her until she was gone.

It turns out they both died of the same thing, my daughter took them to the University of Georgia and had a necropsy done. She has both of their ashes.

The vet said he has never seen a better natured dog than Mulan.

It's been almost two years now. My daughter is trying to adopt two rescue shar-pei's.. both need surgery one has heart worms. My daughter needs back surgery, maybe they will all be healthy at the same time.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm sure this thread is very bittersweet, but i just can't bring myself to read any of it. This stuff is just too painful for me.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^

It's life, and life rears its ugly head all the time.

I lost my parents, both of them, in the 70s. I'm an only child and I don't have family on this continent. The family I know of is in the UK, and I keep in touch by email.

Bill's an orphan, too. He's got his step-sister in California, but apart from that he has no one on the planet except for me and our rowdy crew of birds.

I have to say that when the late Mother-in-Law (Bill's sister's mother) passed away, I didn't shed any tears. She was an abusive old ****. Grimmlock and some other members here have no trouble posting that word, but I can't do it, I can't even speak it. It begins with a "c" and ends with a "t". Bill has no problem spitting it out, but I find it offensive...oh, back to the story...

Bill loathed that old bitch. Due to her abuse he had to be plucked by Ontario's Child Protective Services when he was a kid and removed from her care -- she'd married Bill's bio dad.

God, this story makes our soaps seem boring!

Gail got it into her head that Ol' Mama Bin Laden and Bill should meet and make amends before the old sow croaked. To please Gail, Bill went along with it, even though he hadn't seen Ol' Mama Bin Laden for thirty-two years.

"If I don't see the old bitch for another thirty-two years, either, I won't care!" he snapped at me as we boarded a flight.

He's claustrophobic and was just about panicking and ready to disembark, when the plane's passenger doors slammed shut. "CLANK!"

It's a fifty-five minute flight to Toronto from Montreal. Bill drank four (4) double vodkas in that time. I had a coke, someone had to babysit him, and his nerves were destroyed, not only by being cooped up in the plane, but he was upset because he was to meet his former abusive step-mother for the first time in over thirty years. That second fact would be enough to upset anyone, wouldn't it?

I'd pre-promised Bill that I wouldn't drink any alcohol during our short (but painstakingly long) visit and I kept my word. Gail tried to get me to drink with her, but I wouldn't.

I'd never met Ol' Mama Bin Laden before, but I'd heard all sorts of stories about the wretch, all unpleasant.

The first time she clapped eyes on me, she rushed to me and one of her gnarled claws clamped onto my upper right arm. She dragged me aside and hissed, "Don't let Bill walk all over you, you hear me?!"

I was horrified. I didn't like it all. I'd promised Bill that not only would I not drink alcohol, but also that I'd try to behave, (both are sacrifices for me -- I don't know which is worse) so I had to let it go.

Ol' Mama Bin Laden beat Bill's sister once with an iron fly-swatter when she was a teen because she suspected that the latest guy she'd picked up thought that Gail was more attractive than she was -- it's right, of course, but how sick is that?

Oh, and this same guy took a swipe at Bill when he was about six years old. Bill's bio-dad heard about it and beat him so badly that the guy had to spend about two weeks recuperating in the town's nearest hospital. I know the names and the name of the hospital, but won't repeat them here, of course.

Lovely family.

While we were visiting Ol' Mama Bin Laden, she drove us berserk. "Don't you go jaywalking if you go to the mall!" she threatened, waving a bat-winged arm. "A kid was killed doing that!"

Really? This old toad from Mississauga is trying to caution me, ME, a Montrealer, about jaywalking?! I think not.

It was four days of hell, which due to the horrid and wretched nature of the forced visit, made it seem as if it was four years of hell.

The old **** tried to put a damper into our return flight home. It was awful. The evil old bitch tried to look up bus schedules to get us from Mississauga to Pearson airport, but did it in such a way that it was evident that she was trying to find a way to get us to miss our flight so that we would stay longer.

I started to cry, I really did, which made Bill go nuts. I sobbed and looked at him helplessly. I was scared, scared that I'd have to spend another day with that old hellbound hag, and I missed my Westie. I really broke down.

Bill can't stand it when I cry, and I don't do it often, I swear. He hates it when I am upset to the point of tears, and wants to protect me. I'm the same way when he gets upset. We will do anything to defend and help each other, we have always been this way.

"Ma, we'll take a taxi!" he snarled at Ol' Mama Bin Laden. "Put those schedules away."

The old bitch insisted on coming with us in the cab, and she plonked herself next to me (lucky, eh!) and Bill sat in front with the driver. She leaned over during the ride and slapped the back of Bill's head so hard as we were talking, that my eyes popped open, as well did the cabbie's. His head whirled around in amazement, and he looked at me. I looked directly into his eyes, glanced at the evil entity sitting beside me quickly, and shrugged. He knew.

The old bitch wouldn't let anything rest, and followed us into Pearson airport. She and Bill became embroiled in a HUGE fight over a nearby squaller. Their fight was so bad that I excused myself and went to a washroom, which I had to PAY to get in, just to escape the madness.

Trust me, I could have used four double vodkas myself, but I didn't drink anything. I lowered my head in the stall, and tried to calm myself.

Bill was pissed off because Ol' Mama Bin Laden followed us to Pearson airport and he had a mickey of vodka and some Gatorade that he wanted to drink before he got on the plane. The old cow was like Super Glue, figures, and stuck to us like a fly does to shit. Except that the fly and the shit is infinitely more appealing than Ol' Mama Bin Laden was, may the Creator not let her soul rest.

On the flight back, Bill was into his double-vodkas again as I sipped coke. He got so drunk that the lady who was sitting across the aisle from where I was sitting started to laugh. He spilled his last $8.00 double vodka down himself, right down the front of his shirt, in betwixt his legs, leaving a tell-tale stain on his jeans as if he'd pissed himself, and then the drink seeped down one of his pant legs.

The aisle lady and I looked at each other and roared with laughter!

Bill tried to retrieve the drink, too, which made me and the aisle lady laugh even harder. He found his empty plastic glass, but alas, there was no booze in it!

He tried to slur to the flight attendant for another snort, but we were landing so the bar was closed. Just as well. "You can have all the drinks you want when we get home," I said soothingly to him, turning my head around to wink at the aisle lady, who laughed.

And the process of getting off the plane...by crikey, didn't Bill's claustrophobia kick in. He bolted up, tried to maneovre his body into the line, and he couldn't get through because there were other passengers ahead of him who were waiting to disembark.

"&$#(@#(@)! I wonder if I can get off this &$#(@#(@) plane before I die of old age?!" he spat.

The aisle lady and I broke up laughing again, and so did a businessman who was waiting behind us.

I tell you, it's best not to have any living relatives near you....at all.

For those who have in-laws, may I suggest a wee visit to I Hate My In-Laws?

You know, sometimes when I'm down in the dumps, I go there to read the complaints about in-laws and I feel so much better afterwards...cause I don't have any in-laws, save for Gail. And I love Gail...but she's miles away from me.

After I read on that site, I count my blessings.

Sometimes I tend to agree with Aldous Huxley, though.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell." -
    -- Aldous Huxley
    Last edited by Pippin; March 7th, 2010 at 01:43 PM.

Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Just me babbling. Again. As I do every weekend.

I just lost my beloved pup Liza February 15, 2010. She was 12 1/2 years old and brought so much joy. My baby.

I'm so heartbroken, can't believe she's really not here. Miss her so badly.

Love and blessings to all of you who've lost such precious family members.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    And the award for the longest post with the most digressions, causing laghter in the midst of a teary thread goes to......
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    I just lost my beloved pup Liza February 15, 2010. She was 12 1/2 years old and brought so much joy. My baby.

I'm so heartbroken, can't believe she's really not here. Miss her so badly.

Love and blessings to all of you who've lost such precious family members.
    aw Sweetness, I'm so sorry
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

my precious little berry (october - 9.11.2009).

he was three weeks old, fluffy ball of grace and sweetness. i found him at work and took him home. took him to the vet, gave him special-get-bigger-and-stronger-for-mummy-food but in the morning of the fifth day he was in bad shape. after couple of hours later he died

no one really knows what went wrong. the only answer i got was that he was probably too small to survive without his real mum and that he might have not eaten for a long time.

anyways, that day i cried my soul out. never cried as mush as i had back then. and i still cry everytime i think of him but you know what? he's a great reason for my vet studies.

(I found a kitten!)

dear little berry always in my heart

Autumn & Sweetness-hugs to you both.

Aww, so sorry Autumn and Sweetness...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information