View Poll Results: What pet do you have ?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog

82 55.41%
  • Cat

103 69.59%
  • Fish

7 4.73%
  • Bird

8 5.41%
  • Snake

3 2.03%
  • Ferret

2 1.35%
  • Rabbit

6 4.05%
  • Any critters not listed

13 8.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Like Tree565Likes

Thread: Pets

^She looks more impressive than she is, really. She's got light poodle bones, so she's not even 50 pounds. The vet says she has a perfect build and weight (underneath all them curls). From floor to shoulder (withers) about 25 inches high. When she's wet she's about half her width, LOL. To people who don't know our dog I always say "our Dachshund", so when they see her they almost get a heart attack. We love it when little kids get all excited at the sight of her and often refer to her as an ice bear which is Dutch for polar bear.

Added: our dog was 9 lbs when we got her at 8 weeks!

FGG, post a picture of your dog, please!
    Last edited by HWBL; October 19th, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

It's my GG's 7 th bday today.....

palta, funky_chicken, fgg and 4 others like this.

^Happy birthday!!!! Look at that smile!!!!
    Witchywoman likes this.

***** celeb

Been a while since I posted photos of my babies

Bucky's getting super big and fluffy now

And his tail is nuts - part squirrel!

For comparison, this is when he first came home at 8 weeks old

Alice has learned to tolerate the little one.... just

She still resists any attempts by Bucky to snuggle, but then will be quite happy with something like this.... go figure!

HWBL, dexter7, LaFolie and 4 others like this.

Oooooh, lovely pics. As a dog person I've always wondered how you litterbox train cats, since cats have the name to be difficult to be able to teach something.

***** celeb

all the cats I have owned (*knock on wood, because I know I will have future fur babies and I don't want to jinx myself*) have been naturally inclined to use the litterbox. This includes our outdoor rescue who was wild {we took him in after 4 yrs} (not neutered, so he was spraying our outside walls with his urine, but once we brought him in, removed his balls, isolated him for a week while he healed with a litterbox and then introduced him to every other pet.........he has never had an accident). We do have a problem with our oldest cat......he has always been a bit heavier, and struggled with constipation. Occasionally, we find a scary giant poop explosion on a piece of carpet, but we chalk that up to his natural problem with excretion. His poops outside the box are almost horribly large, and dry. Poor baby.

Cats are amazing to me!!!
    HWBL and Sassiness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Oooooh, lovely pics. As a dog person I've always wondered how you litterbox train cats, since cats have the name to be difficult to be able to teach something.
    With cats, its instinctive. You just point them in the direction of an appropriate place to dig, and they're happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    His poops outside the box are almost horribly large, and dry. Poor baby.
    Poor thing. He can probably feel when it's going to be bad, and doesn't like the litter box for its association with pain. Or can't get there in time.

One of my mate's had a cat who was way too fat. (She used to free range outside, and all the neighbours fed her despite my friend putting a tag on her collar that said "Please don't feed me - I have a home and the vet says I'm morbidly obese"! Dicks) She's hilarious - too chubby to lick her butt clean, but still has a go. Gets halfway into position, realises it's all too hard and then looks at you like "a little help here?!!" Imagine Mama June doing yoga.... it was like that!

She also got into the habit of shitting outside the litter box while in the litter box, until my friend gave up and got an enormous flat plastic box (those ones designed to store stuff under the bed) and turned that into a litter box. The cat would reason that if her feet were all in the litter box, then her arse was too..... but it wasn't, it was hanging over the edge. Then she'd look mystified as to why her poo was on the floor, kick a bit of litter over it and walk off. *rofl* Larger box solved that problem though. (A wet wash cloth and a bit of rub fixed the other problem - my mate had to clean the cat's butt for her....)

Thankfully with mine, we've been pretty ok, except when big cat's colitis acts up and she leaves poopy mucus smudges everywhere she sits. I've tried every kind of food available and even at her best, she basically has chronic diarrhea. It wasn't until I got another cat who has normal firm poo that I realised the extent of big cat's problems - she sputters out what amount to stinky cow-style pats. I settle for no bleeding and mucus from the butt as a sign that things are OK.... she never gives any indication that she's in pain and has plenty of energy (even when trailing liquid farts - that's not fun...)

Big cat had a brief spell of temper tantrums and peeing on the couch when I was at work about 3 months after I got her (she was 3 when I adopted her - nearly 7 now.) I got a second litter box (so there's one in the bathroom, the main one, and one in the lounge room, the old smaller covered one) and changed the type of litter I was using. Since then, she's only had accidents for behavioural issues - pooping on the bedroom floor if I shut her out of the bathroom. (It's easier to accept I have no privacy and let them wander in while I'm on the loo or in the shower! Especially now with the kitten)

Kitten came having been taught by Mumma cat how to use a litter box, but he's frustrating. He spends all his time cleaning his paws and leaves his poo uncovered! He will literally spend 15-20 mins scratching around, but all he's doing is wiping his paws on the side of the (tall sided) litter box.... not digging.
    Last edited by Sassiness; December 7th, 2015 at 08:40 AM.

They are adorable, Sassiness!
    Sassiness likes this.

Thanks Palta. They're my babies. Keep me sane and snuggle when I'm having a bad mental health day.

Okay, shameless copy from the aaawwwwww cute animal thread: our hairy monster at 4 months and at 4 years (she's 5 1/2 years old now).

panic, McJag, fgg and 4 others like this.

***** celeb

​floof!!!

INCOMIIIIIING! A shit ton of piccys. I haven't posted my boys in a really long time.

The Marmalade is my year old baby, Jones. Little shit is somethin else. He LOVES LOVES LOOOOOVES those cat treats called Temptations. He is so hooked, that he stole a bag of cough drops from me thinking that they were the cat treats. LOL. He as a stash of stolen shit under my bed. Feathers, Socks, treats, fish food, some of my Son's toys that he finds interesting. The Flame Point Fatty is Jinx. This tubby wonder just went to the vet last week for his annual check up. He comes in at a SLIM 30 pounds 6 oz. No wonder my back hurts picking his big ass up! My vet wasn't too harsh, he said yes he needs to lose a few tons, but I can't be mad because I myself have a fatty at home. LOL

Jones

Jones high on the nip. He had the stoner spins that day.

Telling secrets

Their favorite spot. The kitchen window.

Settling down with the boy for nite nites.

UUGGHH Drinking is so hard.

I went in to make the bed and saw this.

Such a weirdo.

My Sweet Jinx.

Jonsey

Spoiled ass cat.

This is a pretty common sight in our house. Jinx LOVES "HIS" Baby. My son was 2 and Jinx was 12 weeks old when we got him. Jinx will be 8 on the 4th of July and my son is now 10. They are insperable. This cat has to know where this kid is at all times. He stresses out sometimes when he leaves for school in the morning. He's my Fur Nanny.

FUCK YO' PRINTER!!!

You can really see how big Jinx is compared to Jones.

Sweet boy.......The End
    dougie, HWBL, McJag and 9 others like this.
    Your penis is NOTHING to brag about! Is it normal for a penis to smell like corn chips?" Lark Voorhees

^What an utterly gorgeous picture!
    Honeythorn, Brookie, fgg and 1 others like this.

***** celeb

Our family have dwindled down to Ruby our Tibetan Spaniel, Mappy cat. son picks up Bruno our new black and gold mini Schnauzer this Saturday.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread Information