View Poll Results: What pet do you have ?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dog

82 55.41%
  • Cat

103 69.59%
  • Fish

7 4.73%
  • Bird

8 5.41%
  • Snake

3 2.03%
  • Ferret

2 1.35%
  • Rabbit

6 4.05%
  • Any critters not listed

13 8.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree565Likes

Thread: Pets

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Boogs you'd better keep on posting pictures because I can't wait to see what Genevieve Fluffybottom grows into!

I'm also glad that other people give their pets middle names too. We have Kitsune Bones (Bones was the name of the dog belonging to one of the Bloke's musical heroes, Viv Stanshall from the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah band) and Pandora Wowbagger (apparently Wowbagger is a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy character and she's a very talkative cat who says "Wowwb" a lot). He's not come up with a middle name for Misty yet.

This was Pandora Wowbagger last night. Excuse the messy table but we were just finishing dinner when a little head started to appear over the edge.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

All my animals have nicknames for a second name. Daphne is Daphi, Daphi Dog or Muffin. And when she has her crazy 5 minutes, she's Frida. Chilli, the second dog, is Chinotta, Böhnli (Little Bean) or Silly Chilli. The cat, Mia, is "Möönchen". I don't know what that's supposed to be but she likes the sound. It's somewhat like "little moon" in Swiss German.
    Kittylady and Bluebonnet like this.
    -

fgg

my zoey is my little bug-a-boo, mum-mum, bug-a-wug, munchkin, etc. i can't help but call her those things. she responds to all of them.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Ugh - nicknames.

Samantha - Panther
    Obama - O
    Rebel - Rebel Pebble
    Hairy - Hairy Schmairy
    Bubba - Boo

They all answer to "Boo" or "Schmoopy".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Nicknames for the hairy beast?

Hairy beast
    Muppet
    Mockle (means something like broad in Dutch)
    Princess or Diva (especially when she crosses her front paws)
    Stinky (when we suspect she's let one rip or when she's played in the mud)
    BaileyBail
    Baby
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Our nicknames start off as abbreviations or puns on their actual names, and then spiral into abbreviations or puns on those nicknames, until we basically end up referring to them with an entirely new name, completely unrelated to the original. I have to give them credit, though. They are not a smart brood, but they will answer to every single one of these.

My Sally is Sal, Salamander, Sally Salacious, Salad, En Salada, Seizure Salad, Snugglelupagus, Num (I use this one a lot; it was originally from my daughter callimg her Huma Numa as a puppy, which was then shortened to Numa and to Numy and finally to what lingers now), El Doxa, Little Dog, Crouch Master Jay, Princess Girl, Gorgeous Girl, and My Favorite Thing. Said in a cooing voice, "are you my favorite thing? You're my favorite thing in the world." But only when it's just us so I don't embarrass her.

Jersey is Jerseylicous, Jers, Jersus, Jersey Milk, Liscious, Liscious Lou, Liscious Looby (there was a humping phase before she was spayed), Libby Lou, Libby (we actually probably call her Libby more than anything and should have named her that instead), Baby Dog, Puppa, Pupple, Puffle, Copper, Cappy-wannabe, and Crazy Zee (her rap name; sidekick to Crouch Master Jay).

Polar Bear (cat) is Polar, Handsome Man, Mama's Boy, and Mr. Bear. He's a bit brooding, so we keep the cutesy nicknames to a minimum.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Lucy was either LuLu or Luce.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Hit By Ban Bus!

I had a bonding moment today, with my puppy and my one-eyed cat. TMI I know, but it's part of the bonding moment. I was on the toilet doing my business, when puppy came in, to do HER business. Not to be left out IttyBit came in, and did his business as well. The three of us took one collective dump together, and stunk up the entire 2nd floor.
    HWBL likes this.

Thanks to much trying and dangling a bag of Dreamies (crack cocaine for cats) we managed to get a shot of all three cats together. Top to bottom they are Kitsy, Misty and Pandora.

funky_chicken, palta, HWBL and 5 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

fgg

here are a few pictures of my little munchkin zoey and one with her dearly departed sister sasha:

so happy that i know how to upload personal pictures now! ignore the red chair...it came as a package deal with my boyfriend.

OMG, I love her little happy face!!!!!
    choozen1ne likes this.

***** celeb

fgg

thanks! she's 3lbs of spoiled pretty princess!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    thanks! she's 3lbs of spoiled pretty princess!

Just like our almost 50 pounds one!
    Bluebonnet and KrisNine like this.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    here are a few pictures of my little munchkin zoey and one with her dearly departed sister sasha:

so happy that i know how to upload personal pictures now! ignore the red chair...it came as a package deal with my boyfriend.
    If you happen to find that chair missing the ball of fluffy adorableness sitting on top, you only have yourself to blame for posting these pictures. She is so precious I'm trying to figure out a way to steal her over the internet. Very sorry for the loss of her sister, who was equally beautiful it seems.

And ditto the happy face. As previously stated, my youngest pup has the most morose, suicidally-depressed face there is. She's the happiest thing too, but her eyes are dark-rimmed and it gives her this gothy kind of look, completely with heavy black liner. I want a smiler! My mom has a standard Yorkie (so not 3lbs, but still a skinny slip) and my two get along famously with her. If not for the grooming required, I'd totally get one too. It's bad enough my mom sucks with taking her Abby to get cut and I have to set up and take her to most appointments. It's like my kids' first days of kindergarten (only worse cause the little brats didn't even care that I was leaving them) every three months, leaving her there all scared and nervous. I'd have a nervous breakdown if I had to do it with another dog.

Also, Kittylady, your babies are so cute! Are Misty and Pandora from the same litter? They look identical!
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

Yep, Misty and Pan are from the same litter. They wear different colour collars so we can tell them apart at a glance. Pan also has a little tawny mustache and Misty doesn't. I'm going to have to try and get a better one of Kits so you can all see how spectacular her tail is. I don't know if you can tell but on the picture the tip is curled over and you can't really see how crazy long it is!
    manningmsj likes this.

Thread Information